Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 464 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +31 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Luca Giliberti
gabarnes43
  • kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I just realized that the most Perkins was shown in an episode was Falling and that was like, what? Five minutes at max? So it definitely was a screen time issue with the rest of her appearances being less than that, because I totally could’ve seen all three ladies getting in otherwise.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Hugh Laurie is no longer in the Predictions Center, I imagine he did not have the necessary screentime.

Looks like the cat is out of the bag, so I can reveal my findings, having seen all six episodes. The credits go:

starring Christopher Abbott
    Kyle Chandler
    [eight white men in their late twenties]
    with Giancarlo Giannini
    with Hugh Laurie
    and George Clooney

Hugh Laurie has eight minutes of screen time, which is three percent of the total run time of 260 minutes. This breaks down as three minutes in the second half of the first episode, two and a half minutes across the second episode and two and a half minutes in the first half of the third episode. It is amazing that they flew him to Italy and went through the whole process with him and he is going to be doing press now for a role that amounts to nothing and would be entirely forgettable if it were not Hugh Laurie. I suppose that Hulu felt that he was worth the star power and they might be right.

Oscar nominee Giancarlo Giannini has five minutes of screen time, which is two percent of the total run time. He appears in one room exclusively, so it is very possible that he was only on the set of Catch-22 for one day. It breaks down as four minutes in the second half of the second episode, half a minute in the first half of the third episode and a non-speaking, blink-and-you-miss-it flashback cameo at the end of the fourth episode.

What I did not expect was that it would be a nail-biter for George Clooney to make eligibility. He has six minutes in the first half of the first episode, then is not seen again until the second half of the fifth episode, when he has five minutes. His six minutes in the finale make seventeen minutes for him overall, which is seven percent of the total run time and above the magic number of thirteen minutes to meet eligibility.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I forgot the writing and directing categories only come later… that’s what I’m really interested to see.

Other than that, no surprises overall

FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, Miguel Sapochnik (“Game of Thrones”) for Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series

Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

I need Beyoncé to snatch her first Emmy

Fade
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else feel like this Emmy season has been a bit more boring than usual? Most of the contending shows are already over and done with, leaving us only with VeepBarryGame of ThronesKilling Eve, and a hand full of limited series that may or may not pan out.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Does anyone else feel like this Emmy season has been a bit more boring than usual? Most of the contending shows are already over and done with, leaving us only with Veep, Barry, Game of Thrones, Killing Eve, and a hand full of limited series that may or may not pan out.

I think the drama categories are pretty boring with The Crown, ST, Handmaid’s, and Westworld all ineligible, but limited and comedy are pretty stacked. I also do think the races are getting more interesting with each passing day

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly don’t know who to put in the guest actor lineup. Whitford, Jones (yawn), and…?

BD Wong, Cheyenne Jackson & Billy Porter for American Horror Story ?

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we say the “industry” is stanning? 🙂

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1120893413103157249

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Gotta love a future Emmy winner praising another future Emmy winner

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the drama categories are pretty boring with The Crown, ST, Handmaid’s, and Westworld all ineligible, but limited and comedy are pretty stacked. I also do think the races are getting more interesting with each passing day

Comedy is stacked if we talk about nominations. But most categories are already locked if we’re talking about winners. There’s no way either JLD or Veep loses and Ms Borstein is almost definitely repeating.

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

They actually have three serious narrator contenders! Free Solo competing for both Oscars and Emmys is silly. And it seems like The Hot Zone could be their big push this year. Chris, do you think they’ll bet on it as big as they did with Genius?

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Hot Zone is a major push for them, and they are now accustomed to having some limited slots (thanks to Genius).

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I better free up a slot for the show in limited series then, and Julianna of course.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Voters received their second box from Netflix yesterday, titled “Documentary”.  Fyre was in the first box, which voters got last week.  Heavy-hitters Our Planet and Making a Murderer are absent, as is The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, which is still not even listed on Netflix’s FYC website.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 464 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.