Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Luca Giliberti
gabarnes43
  • Bradley Ashworth
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly don’t know who to put in the guest actor lineup. Whitford, Jones (yawn), and…?

Michael McKean – Better Call Saul

A Game of Thrones actor (See how the season progresses)

Some people have mentioned Alan Alda for Ray Donovan so he might be worth predicting.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Even though it has no chance in hell, David Ajala and Jon Cryer deserve recognition for their roles on Supergirl.

Others:
    James Cromwell, Succession
    Griffin Dunne and Ron Cephas Jones, This is Us

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Such a shame that the other GOT members don’t even get a chance.

Wow at them only submitting 3 actors for True Detective; Scoot McNairy really deserved to be on the ballot.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO categories… https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/emmys-2019-hbo-categories-game-of-thrones-veep-sharp-objects/

I get why they’re only submitting 3 Game of Thrones actresses in supporting, but there was definitely room for John Bradley to make it in with Dinklage and Coster-Waldau. Maybe they just don’t want to hurt Kieran Culkin’s chances of getting nominated (especially since he might be able to stick around for another year), but if that’s the case, why are they submitting 4 male Succession actors in supporting?

Also, why is HBO so bad at submitting its actors in the guest categories for Game of Thrones? It’s truly inexplicable. At least Carice van Houten has a history of submitting herself in supporting, so she might do the same in guest.

Edit: And why on earth are they not submitting Elizabeth Perkins for Sharp Objects? Maybe they just want to help Eliza Scanlen’s chances, but Perkins seemed like the safer bet there.

Edit 2: These are weird across the board. HBO submitting more actors just in the Supporting Actor category for Veep than it is in every acting category combined for Game of Thrones is absurd.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait, they aren’t submitting Perkins for Sharp Objects? Wow.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfie Allen snubbed again by HBO.

So, they aren’t submitting Elizabeth Perkins and Scoot McNairy?

Gaceru
    Participant
    Topics:

Gentleman Jack and Room 104 in drama? My Brilliant Friend is going to compete here and not in the International Emmys?

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Does HBO usually submit 8 male supporting actors for Veep? Because the idea that they’re submitting more male supporting actors for Veep than they are submitting actors in all categories combined for Game of Thrones makes absolutely no sense.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

Can I start hoping for her to happen now?

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Welp to Allen, guess he’ll have to submit himself. Perkins was always going to be less of a threat for a nom than Scanlen, even with that Critics Choice nom; she really was underutilized the most on the show and wasn’t the showiest role that the Emmys go for, unlike the latter. But, I mean, whatever gets Scanlen that deserved nod.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg Renée Zellweger will be eligible for Netflix’s What/If, premiering May 24 on Netflix.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t believe it’s a limited series, right?

Gaceru
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t believe it’s a limited series, right?

It’s an anthology series, so it will compete in limited.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Gaceru.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Gaceru.
    Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

Like we needed more contenders there… though I doubt this lands with Emmy voters.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.