Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 464 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +31 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Luca Giliberti
gabarnes43
  • Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Then agains, would the Academy really give all 3 to the same network, though?

They have already done that in 2015.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh, have they? Thanks, I didn’t know that. A quick google search revealed that GoT and Veep took home the series awards in that year as well. So I guess history might repeat itself.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Olive Kitteridge won limited and Bessie won movie.

Shea Whigham is now listed in Chris’s article.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Not submitting Chau for Forever is ridiculous. It’s not like she would get in, but she was SO good in that one episode.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Keymaster
    Topics:

PBS categories…

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I see that you have Olivia Colman, to which I say that Les Misérables seems like as much of a nonstarter as Little Women, but unlike going out of their way to promote Angela Lansbury, PBS has gone out of their way not to promote Colman.

Not that I was predicting her, but the reason for this is now revealed: they are not submitting her.

Anonymous
    Topics:

On last night’s GoT they used the “Dragonstone” theme for the ending credits, and I listened to it on utube again, and the level of geniusness of Ramin.. I am shook. Shame on the Academy for snubbing him all those years till last year. He better win this year as well, or else, screw Richard Madden, I’ll burn the academy just for Ramin.

And I like the music they use on Barry. I think it could surprise for music supervision.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

So obs Henry winkler is a legend and is always brilliant on Barry but i think Anthony Carrigan needs some recognition … he is HYSTERICAL

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Any word, Chris or anyone if there will be a Good Place FYC standalone DVD; not just a NBCUniversal submission?

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Universal sent out their box this week. It included two DVDs comprising episodes only from their eleven new shows. Returning shows like The Good Place were featured in the accompanying booklet though and voters can stream them online. The Good Place‘s page spotlights the episode “Don’t Let the Good Life Pass You By”, which has not struck me as one of their most buzzed-about episodes. Maybe their priority is getting Michael McKean nominated?

Other spotlight episodes: Brooklyn Nine-Nine (season premiere), Forever (“Andre and Sarah”), Russian Doll (series premiere), This is Us (“Vietnam”), Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (series finale), Will & Grace (#MeToo episode).

This has been a big week for studios sending out boxes of DVDs. In addition to ones that Eden covered, Sony sent out theirs, Netflix sent out another and Amazon sent out a special one just for The Romanoffs, making it their official movie push, complicating things for King Lear.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

So there was no Good Place NOR This is Us representation on the DVD, just the NBC website. Bad move, peacock. Don’t Let the Good Life Pass You By was a very good episode, and was an 8.4 on IMDb, tied for the 4th best rated ep on that somewhat dubious website. And it had the hilarious out of left field brawl near the end.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’ll be publishing the full list of all NBC Universal category submissions tomorrow morning. We are still waiting on “This Is Us” since it is shared by Fox21. They will have their full list to us soon.

We have already published at least 12 or more of these network/studio lists. The only ones still in the works are ABC, CBS, Fox21, FX, Hulu, Starz.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

WOOT! 😀 😀 ^^^^

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 464 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.