Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 464 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +31 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Luca Giliberti
gabarnes43
  • methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t really care about The Sopranos anymore but Breaking Bad is still better than Game of Thrones.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Would you really say that Game of Thrones is a bigger show than The Sopranos or Breaking Bad?

Lol what? I thought that was a given.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Would you really say that Game of Thrones is a bigger show than The Sopranos or Breaking Bad?

Definitely bigger, but not better. Game of Thrones is one of the biggest television shows ever.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Tell that to Viola Davis

Comparing Viola Davis to Kit Harington is the most stupid comparison I think I’ve ever seen. Davis acts circles around Harington.

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Comparing Viola Davis to Kit Harington is the most stupid comparison I think I’ve ever seen. Davis acts circles around Harington.

Where’s the comparison?

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Viola deserved every single one of her nomination and should have been nominated (as a lead) last year and this year as well.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Viola deserved every single one of her nomination and should have been nominated (as a lead) last year and this year as well.

Preach.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO’s biggest shows Veep and Game of Thrones are ending. How well do you think HBO will do next year with both of those shows out of consideration

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I just saw Netflix’s screener package for this past guilds season and it was only including The Kominsky Method, House of Cards, Maniac, GLOW, Ozark, Sabrina, UKS, OITNB, ODAAT, Grace and Frankie, Wanderlust, and Collateral. Bodyguard and The Haunting of Hill House weren’t even campaigned and apparently their showings are only based on people actually watching them on Netflix. I am confident that with an Emmys campaign they will do much better (and the latter in limited series category).

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I just saw Netflix’s screener package for this past guilds season and it was only including The Kominsky Method, House of Cards, Maniac, GLOW, Ozark, Sabrina, UKS, OITNB, ODAAT, Grace and Frankie, Wanderlust, and Collateral. Bodyguard and The Haunting of Hill House weren’t even campaigned and apparently their showings are only based on people actually watching them on Netflix. I am confident that with an Emmys campaign they will do much better (and the latter in limited series category).

But Bodyguard is not a Netflix original.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Im more excited for next years golden globes(on the tv side) than this years emmys

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

So, next year in Drama we will probably have… Better Call Saul, Big Little Lies, Bodyguard, The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, Homecoming, Homeland, Killing Eve, Ozark, Pose, Stranger Things, Succession, This is Us and Westworld. Now that will be interesting…

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Big mistake of mine. Thank you for reminding me.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 464 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.