Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 533 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Stegeo
  • paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Robin Wright ain’t getting that nod darlings.

Then @ Emmys

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Should be:
    Sandra Oh
    Sophie Turner
    Cherry Jones

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Bodyguard is much more likely to win writing than directing.

I disagree. In the UK ,at the BAFTAS (the UK’s TV equivalent to the Emmys), Mercurio (who is one of British TV’s most prized writers) was snubbed in favour of Phoebe Waller Bridge and Russell T Davies (AVES). If he couldn’t get in on home turf and has not been nominated for Bodyguards writing elsewhere whilst Bodyguard achieved a Director’s nomination when the only other major nods it scored were Editing, Series, Sound and Actress. I think anythings to play for (apart from Series and probably Actress unless there is a strong mobilisation for one show at the Emmys or Actress to overcome Sandra Oh and GoT.).

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I just think that Game of Thrones is much stronger in directing than it will be in writing, so it will be almost impossible for Bodyguard to overcome it in Directing while I could see it doing so in writing (even if Killing Eve is more likely).

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Bodyguard be this year’s Homeland season 1 (except not winning Drama Series), the shows situations at the awards shows and not only in topic are strikingly similar.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

If Bodyguard is well received and overperforms, I could see it getting into Actress, Directing and Writing. But it is unlikely to win due to competition from GoT and Killing Eve.

However, Bodyguard has excellent chances in Sound and Editing. It either won or was nominated in those categories at guilds in both the US and the UK. And it’s entirely justified.

I recently attended a panel discussion with Jed Mercurio and some of the tech people behind the show. They discussed how they created the sniper and bomb scenes and played both on the big screen. The sound effects were even more amazing than on the small screen. They also discussed how they wanted to show the entire plot from David’s POV, which is very cleverly reflected in the editing.

So I can see Bodyguard taking home 4 Emmys – Actor, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing and Editing but no more.

gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s Killing Eve likely to win

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s Killing Eve likely to win

Next to none. If a more lukewarm-received season of Game of Thrones won in an incredibly strong field more than a year after its release, then there’s no way it loses this year.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Heptapod.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Heptapod.
    gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Im not saying it’s winning Series, I mean which awards is it likely to win

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, I misread the post. Sandra Oh’s probably got lead actress locked, and I personally think that it has a really good shot at writing and that if GoT doesn’t pick up that category in a sweep, Killing Eve get writing. I don’t know enough about technical categories to be able to say its chances there, but it’s not a super technically impressive show, so I’d say that those two awards are about it.

gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it has a good shot at Contemporary Costumes

gaboca
    Participant
    Topics:

Can it happen at the Emmys that a lead actor/actress wins without their shows getting a series nod?

gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think will win

Kevin Klawitter
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m nowhere near on top of TV as I am on movies, so my thoughts on the Emmy contenders tend to be idiosyncratic.

For instance, the Drama series I’m most curious about in terms of chances is “Homecoming”. What do we think will happen there? GOT, Killing Eve, and Bodyguard tend to be sucking up the buzz, but something as distinctive and effective as “Homecoming” shouldn’t be lost in the shuffle.

Outside of Drama Series, I could see it being a strong contender in Writing, Directing, Actress (assuming Julia Roberts isn’t hurt by the fact that she’s not coming back for Season 2), and Supporting Actor for Bobby Cannavale and especially Shea Whigam.

gaboca
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think will win

I’m not thinking, only hoping for Madden. I just don’t know the Emmys enough to comfortably predict him winning if Bodyguard misses Series.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.