Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 470 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +45 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
LiberianGirl12
wolfali
  • DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

honestly if I was the average Lena-Headey-Hating Academy voter I wouldn’t know who to pick, Turner or Williams. Both are preforming incredibly good this year

FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, Miguel Sapochnik (“Game of Thrones”) for Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Waldau hands down deserves to win supporting actor IMO, I was so impressed by him in Episode 2. Dinklage has done nothing this season; if he continues to have no material, I will riot. I was fine with his Season 7 win because I did think his performance in the finale was excellent. I wish Emmy voters weren’t so lazy sometimes.

I also got a feeling Coster-Waldau will have a very strong season, but i think it’s very early to say who deserves to win when only 2 episodes have been aired. I just want Lena Headey to have that amazing episode so that she can finally win that Emmy.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

Kevin Klawitter
    Participant
    Topics:

After another 3 episodes of Homecoming, I’m starting to see why it has a good shot. If the rest of the season is this good, I’ll slot it back into my series and Supporting Actor predictions over Succession (which I like more, but it has a low viewership and because of HBO’s bizarre category placement choices, its only real chance at an acting nomination is for a character who is a one-dimensional asshole to get in, which seems unlikely the more I watch it).

I think people are really underestimating “Homecoming”, probably because of the show’s half-hour per episode runtime. But the show is incredibly well done, the Emmys have shown they like Sam Esmail, and having Julia Roberts, Bobby Cannavale, and Shea Whigham all doing strong work gives it star power. Amazon’s money will help, too.

I think it’s likely to get nominations in Drama Series, Writing, Directing, Actress, and at least one Supporting Actor. The latter category seems a bit thin this year, so I think Whigham could even be a threat to win. He’s a highly research actor doing career-best work in a key supporting role

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Please keep this up, it’s giving me life. Cersei would approve.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

So, what’s going on with the supporting actress race? I feel somewhat confident predicting Garner, Headey, and Williams; I think Seehorn and Turner are also getting in, which leaves the final slot. I currently have Bates, because she’s Bates, but maybe Watson makes it after all, or they just go back to Metz (sigh). I refuse to even consider Shaw until she actually does something worthy of a nomination.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Wow, both TIU ladies? I’d feel more confident about Watson if Hartley and Moore had gotten in last year tbh. One can hope though, because of all cast members this year, Watson is probably most deserving of a nod, next to Ventimiglia.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going with Gillian Anderson for my last spot and I’m weirdly confident about it.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I went back to Indya Moore after the Time 100 and I finished Apocalypse. I have no confidence.

eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

If/when Gwendoline Christie submits herself will solve the headache in that category. Supporting actor is the true headache.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 470 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.