Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 533 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Stegeo
  • Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s okay, i’m still not impressed though. He should not be nominated just because he’s a fan favorite, which he’s not btw. Dinklage with no material still acts circles around him.

(I did this more to use this gif, since everyone’s allowed an opinion).

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

We must remember that the fact most of us prefer Coster-Waldau to win this time will have no reflection this September in the Awards. Just like all of us were rooting for Lena Headey in the last 7 years.
    Unfortunately the only cast member the Academy likes is Dinklage… He is the only one with a strong case to win. And rumor has it he’ll have the material in one of the upcoming episodes

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

If he has the material, he’ll definitely win, just like he did when he had better material last year. If not, it will be closer. The only time he ever beat a fellow cast-mate is when he won last year, and that’s mainly because he was better. He probably got fewer votes than Harington did in 2016, and I could see him getting fewer votes than Coster-Waldau this year if he doesn’t have winning material.

Joan988
    Participant
    Topics:

Sansa is surprisingly good this season, she should get in easily.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I would hope so, but she’s missed when she’s been great before. She was the best part of Season 6 and somehow Maisie Williams (who I love, but that was her worst season) got in over her. It will be close.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

honestly if I was the average Lena-Headey-Hating Academy voter I wouldn’t know who to pick, Turner or Williams. Both are preforming incredibly good this year

Joan988
    Participant
    Topics:

honestly if I was the average Lena-Headey-Hating Academy voter I wouldn’t know who to pick, Turner or Williams. Both are preforming incredibly good this year

Though if i have to pick one it will be Turner.

Williams did shine better in the past. This year I just don’t find the story arc interesting. You can clearly see they don’t know where to go with the character. So they just keep her busy in the screen.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Joan988.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Joan988.
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Waldau hands down deserves to win supporting actor IMO, I was so impressed by him in Episode 2. Dinklage has done nothing this season; if he continues to have no material, I will riot. I was fine with his Season 7 win because I did think his performance in the finale was excellent. I wish Emmy voters weren’t so lazy sometimes.

I also got a feeling Coster-Waldau will have a very strong season, but i think it’s very early to say who deserves to win when only 2 episodes have been aired. I just want Lena Headey to have that amazing episode so that she can finally win that Emmy.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

After another 3 episodes of Homecoming, I’m starting to see why it has a good shot. If the rest of the season is this good, I’ll slot it back into my series and Supporting Actor predictions over Succession (which I like more, but it has a low viewership and because of HBO’s bizarre category placement choices, its only real chance at an acting nomination is for a character who is a one-dimensional asshole to get in, which seems unlikely the more I watch it).

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Kevin Klawitter
    Participant
    Topics:

After another 3 episodes of Homecoming, I’m starting to see why it has a good shot. If the rest of the season is this good, I’ll slot it back into my series and Supporting Actor predictions over Succession (which I like more, but it has a low viewership and because of HBO’s bizarre category placement choices, its only real chance at an acting nomination is for a character who is a one-dimensional asshole to get in, which seems unlikely the more I watch it).

I think people are really underestimating “Homecoming”, probably because of the show’s half-hour per episode runtime. But the show is incredibly well done, the Emmys have shown they like Sam Esmail, and having Julia Roberts, Bobby Cannavale, and Shea Whigham all doing strong work gives it star power. Amazon’s money will help, too.

I think it’s likely to get nominations in Drama Series, Writing, Directing, Actress, and at least one Supporting Actor. The latter category seems a bit thin this year, so I think Whigham could even be a threat to win. He’s a highly research actor doing career-best work in a key supporting role

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m loving this Thatcher campaigning. Keep sending troops, my darling!

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

Please keep this up, it’s giving me life. Cersei would approve.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I just finished Homecoming, and I’m at the very least slotting Cannavale back into my predictions instead of Culkin. I’m gonna finish watching Succession before replacing it with Homecoming (since I still have 28/1 odds on it), but I think I’ll end up taking it out. Homecoming really came together after the mess of the first 4 episodes.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.