Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 470 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +45 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
LiberianGirl12
wolfali
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

If it were up to me, the three frontrunners for Best Actor would be (and I can’t believe I forgot #2 in my first-time wish nominees):

1. Richard Madden (Bodyguard)
    2. Freddie Highmore (The Good Doctor)
    3. Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us)

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

If Westworld was last year I don’t know why this wouldn’t. It’s like a complete redesign

Yeah, I don’t understand why HBO went with Westworld, but not with Game of Thrones.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I don’t understand why HBO went with Westworld, but not with Game of Thrones.

Who says they’re not?

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Who says they’re not?

I was referring to Game of Thrones not being submitted for previous seasons even though it had bigger changes than Westworld.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Just realised that this could be the first and only year of Game of Thrones‘ run that all its 7 core starring cast members (Clarke, Harington, Dinklage, Headey, Coster-Waldau, Turner, Williams) will be up for an Emmy.

I don’t think Turner will be able to score a nod. I also think Harington is only 6th Place in Lead Actor so May be pushed out by someone like Billy Porter

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure if the Emmys will necessarily care specifically about big film roles of their contenders (unless maybe they are Academy Award Winners), but the publicity that can come with big movie releases certainly won’t hurt. Especially when said movie release happens just before Emmy voting starts.

Worked for Letitia Wright last year.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Killing Eve break into the guest categories in a year with such a barren field?

FYC Emmys 2019 : Bodyguard, Jodie Comer, Bob Odenkirk, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ted Danson, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Shalhoub

and CHERNOBYL, Hugh Grant, Michelle Williams, Ben Whishaw, Vera Farmiga

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Killing Eve break into the guest categories in a year with such a barren field?

I think Kim Bodnia has a really good chance of getting in. Not sure who else is elegible from Killing Eve

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re really pushing it with Killing Eve.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I love Killing Eve, but some people here in particular are waaaaay too optimistic about its chances. It got 2 nominations last year, people. It’s not going to jump from 2 to 14. Let’s just get Jodie Comer nominated and then talk about the rest.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I know I’m being optimistic but I can see Killing Eve getting more than 10 nominations. With all the Big shows like Westworld, Stranger Things, The Crown out of this race, I think it can land a good number of nominations:

Confident in: Series, Actress x2, Writing, Contemporary Costumes, Single Camera Picture Editing, Makeup, Hairstyling

Could Get in: Supporting Actress, Guest Actor, Casting, Cinematography, Production Design, Music Composition, Sound Editing

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Killing Eve, but some people here in particular are waaaaay too optimistic about its chances. It got 2 nominations last year, people. It’s not going to jump from 2 to 14. Let’s just get Jodie Comer nominated and then talk about the rest.

Agreed. I was always surprised by people predicting acting noms outside of Oh and Comer, especially in supporting actress when Headey, Williams, Garner and Turner seem pretty safe there.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I think Kim Bodnia has a really good chance of getting in. Not sure who else is elegible from Killing Eve

He is not a guest.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Agreed. I was always surprised by people predicting acting noms outside of Oh and Comer, especially in supporting actress when Headey, Williams, Garner and Turner seem pretty safe there.

If we are saying Turner is safe for a nomination, then Garner is winning (or Shaw if she gets nominated). There will be too great a GoT vote split for Heady to win.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Bodyguard, Jodie Comer, Bob Odenkirk, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ted Danson, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Shalhoub

and CHERNOBYL, Hugh Grant, Michelle Williams, Ben Whishaw, Vera Farmiga

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 470 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.