Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 533 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Stegeo
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Could Killing Eve break into the guest categories in a year with such a barren field?

I think Kim Bodnia has a really good chance of getting in. Not sure who else is elegible from Killing Eve

He is not a guest.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Agreed. I was always surprised by people predicting acting noms outside of Oh and Comer, especially in supporting actress when Headey, Williams, Garner and Turner seem pretty safe there.

If we are saying Turner is safe for a nomination, then Garner is winning (or Shaw if she gets nominated). There will be too great a GoT vote split for Heady to win.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Keeley Hawes ("Bodyguard") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Killing Eve" in all eligible categories.

gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

He is not a guest.

He will be elegible as guest

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

If we are saying Turner is safe for a nomination, then Garner is winning (or Shaw if she gets nominated). There will be too great a GoT vote split for Heady to win.

If Headey is the standout of the season, then she won’t have to worry about vote splitting. If she isn’t, then she’ll have to worry. I honestly don’t get how people think Fiona Shaw is a potential winner, let’s have her get nominated first. I say this sort of defensive because I will lose my mind if she wins over Headey and Garner.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

If GOT gets 3 Supporting actress noms then Garner is winning, if Shaw is nominated then she’s winning

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re really pushing it with Killing Eve.

You seem to hate Killing Eve a lot. Every time I post something about the strong possibility (don’t forgot that dismissing outside chances does not mean that your magic wishing tree comes out of your psychedelic elysium like reality in which everything is perfect in your own imaginative way, means that something will or won’t happen) that Killing Eve has a chance at increasing it’s representation (it has received generally better reviews so far for this season than its preceding season) and I don’t see how you can make assumptions about its chances in categories outside Drama Actress as you are suggesting. We have a barren field this season and Killing Eve was only one show away from breaking into the series nominees last year.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  wolfali.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  wolfali.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Keeley Hawes ("Bodyguard") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Killing Eve" in all eligible categories.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

If GOT gets 3 Supporting actress noms then Garner is winning, if Shaw is nominated then she’s winning

I have heard no one talk about her performance. A nomination could happen but I don’t think she can win.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

He is not a guest.

Also how do you know? Have you seen every episode of Killing Eve this season? Are you a part of the cast? Bodnia has only just appeared, it’s not like we know what’s in store. You argument is senseless if you are only presuming Bodnia is eligible for Supporting and not Guest.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Killing Eve was only one show away from breaking into the series nominees last year.

With its guild performance and some very unexpected Emmy noms (double directing, cinematography), I think it was actually Ozark that was on the verge of a nom, not Killing Eve.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I am sceptical about Shaw being nominated, especially with Conroy and Bates now in the category. However, I think Kelechi Watson will miss as voters probably aren’t watching TiU this season. Voters are most certainly watching Killing Eve.

If Headey is the standout of the season, then she won’t have to worry about vote splitting. If she isn’t, then she’ll have to worry. I honestly don’t get how people think Fiona Shaw is a potential winner, let’s have her get nominated first. I say this sort of defensive because I will lose my mind if she wins over Headey and Garner.

I agree. Headey deserves to win over Shaw. I wasn’t saying Shaw is the favourite to win, I was saying that she is a threat for a nomination that many people are underestimating. If KE does well (and yes I think it will get at least four  nominations and do better than Bodyguard which some people are over hyping on this site) and she gets in, it could be a KE threat to everything apart from Drama Series, Actor, Supporting Actor and everything GoT is locked to win (S.Actress is not one of those).

My predictions for were Killing Eve is likely to break into:
    Drama Series, Drama Actress (x2), Writing, Contemporary Costumes, Single Camera Picture Editing, Makeup, Hairstyling, Music Composition.

Possible : Supporting Actress, Guest Actor, Casting, Cinematography, Production Design, Sound

Outside Chance : Directing

I say this with the utmost respect, but I don’t think anyone here is rooting against Killing Eve. Gold Derby loves Killing Eve, but that doesn’t make it an Emmy juggernaut. The reviews are even better, yes, but let’s focus on Jodie Comer getting in first. I know you don’t like GOT, but this season is going to generate more buzz than ever. That plus a barren field will practically pave the way for a win in multiple categories.

I actually like GoT and I am not disputing its buzz. I don’t see how you can jump to that immediate conclusion. I am just not an obsessive stan who thinks that it will win every category apart from one or two this season. I just am putting it straight that in the past I have been treated with hostility and ridiculed for suggesting KE will get a writing nomination by users. I am not suggesting that it is going to win Best Drama Series, I still am saying that GoT will both deservedly and undeservedly win the following:

BEST DRAMA SERIES (deservedly)
    SUPPORTING ACTOR (undeservedly)
    DIRECTING (either way)
    FANTASY COSTUME
    TITLES AND GRAPHIC IDENTITY

and probably more, I am just forgetting them.

I just don’t think it will win every Drama Category this year as most of you are suggesting.

I think Killing Eve has a chance it or will win the following:

Actress – Sandra Oh
    Supporting Actress (possibly)
    Writing (close)

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Fiona Shaw isn’t going to win if she has nothing to do on the show it’s not like she’s a beloved Emmy winner if Headey doesn’t win it’s going to Garner.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

He will be elegible as guest

Also how do you know? Have you seen every episode of Killing Eve this season? Are you a part of the cast? Bodnia has only just appeared, it’s not like we know what’s in store. You argument is senseless if you are only presuming Bodnia is eligible for Supporting and not Guest.

He is in two of the first three episodes and he is a series regular. Why would they go out of their way to bring his character back from the dead, pay him for the full season and then have him only appear in one of the last five episodes of the season? That is what it would take for him to be eligible as a guest.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually like GoT and I am not disputing its buzz. I don’t see how you can jump to that immediate conclusion. I am just not an obsessive stan who thinks that it will win every category apart from one or two this season. I just am putting it straight that in the past I have been treated with hostility and ridiculed for suggesting KE will get a writing nomination by users. I am not suggesting that it is going to win Best Drama Series, I still am saying that GoT will both deservedly and undeservedly win the following: BEST DRAMA SERIES (deservedly) SUPPORTING ACTOR (undeservedly) DIRECTING (either way) FANTASY COSTUME TITLES AND GRAPHIC IDENTITY and probably more, I am just forgetting them. I just don’t think it will win every Drama Category this year as most of you are suggesting. I think Killing Eve has a chance it or will win the following: Actress – Sandra Oh Supporting Actress (possibly) Writing (close)

I deleted that comment. I don’t think I conveyed my thoughts appropriately. My bad.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

If Headey is the standout of the season, then she won’t have to worry about vote splitting. If she isn’t, then she’ll have to worry.

I’d love for Headey to win but after watching the premiere, I highly doubt it. It’s becoming apparent that Cersei’s storyline is largely out of touch with the storyline in the North and that D&D are stretching themselves thin to try to justify her continued presence with the story shifting more and more towards the magical storyline (probably because Cersei is likely to be dead by the time the Wall falls in Martin’s narrative). Lena did great in her scenes in this episode but the material is not there. She’ll probably have a big death scene that she’ll slay but I expect her story to be largely treading water till we get to that point.

I’ve said before that Lena’s chances are going to decrease significantly if Maisie is nominated, and based on Maisie’s performance in the premiere (thank god they are moving away from the murder bot nonsense of last season), the parts in the trailer where she is being chased inside Winterfell, and whatever material she gets for Jon’s parentage reveal, she is shaping up to be the standout.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Cersei is probably dying, she better have a memorable death and Lena Headey wins the motherfucking Emmy she has been deserving for 8 years.

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.