Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 533 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Stegeo
  • Stretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just sitting here wondering if Lena Headey is on another show because I’m not understanding all these posts tal’mbout she deserves to win this year.

Whoop diddy scoop!

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Susan Kelechi Watson deserves to be nominated and would be a worthy winner for her season 3 work for This Is Us and she has at least 2 possible submissions

Agreed. I’m just really curious about “This Is Us” position as a whole this year.

Moonshadow
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is Sex Education in the drama categories in the prediction center?

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is Sex Education in the drama categories in the prediction center?

That’s where Netflix are submitting it

https://fyc.netflix.com/

Moonshadow
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s where Netflix are submitting it https://fyc.netflix.com/

What a mind-blowing decision though.

Noah Arlington
    Participant
    Topics:

Gwendoline Christie is underrated

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s an opinion. And trying to eradicate somebody’s opinion by stating that having this opinion could only be the result of not having watched the show is kinda laughable

All the things you said are laughable indeed, you have not watched the previous seasons as well, and this seems like a fact from all the nonsense you have written. Dany said in season 1 that she wants to burn everybody, she have killed A LOT of people, also, this scene was shown in SEASON 2 as part of her future, it is also in book 2, she lost EVERYONE (with the exception of Grey Warm) she cared for between episode 3 and 4, her decision makes all the sense in the world, sadly, many people started to watch GoT without understanding it, this is why I am so happy that masterpieces like The Americans and Mad Men never went mainstream, intelectual things are not for the masses. And the arc of Cersei is to maintain her power and to survive, she does not need another arc. And it is completely irrelevant if Clarke convinced you, she convinced the entire world and her performance is unanimously praised, her acting this season outshine all other actors. And no, I do not need to be a fan boy to be objective, everyone who remembers me from last year knows that I thought that Clarke does not deserve to be nominated for season 7, also I loathed the two wins of season 7 in the main ceremony. But unlike you and some others I have watched all season, I remember them and I know what kind of show I am watching.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Susan Kelechi Watson deserves to be nominated and would be a worthy winner for her season 3 work for This Is Us and she has at least 2 possible submissions

Totally, I predicted her two months ago and I am not taking her out, she was stellar.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena Headey fan boys need to assume that she is not winning, Williams was far superior, Turner was equally good and may have juicy material in the finale and Clarke outshine all three of them, they are lucky that she is Lead. Headey could not win when she was the female MVP of the season, now she is the third or the forth between the female cast, she may be fifth after the season finale if Turner and Christie do not disappoint, so no, she has zero chance.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

I am really sorry, but I just don’t understand predictions that place any of the GoT ladies as the winners in their categories. And I mean no disrespect to either of those ladies, who are all talented with sweet personalities.

But Headey has had virtually no material to work with this season and little screentime. If she didn’t win for very strong performances and a lot more screentime in past seasons, why now? Williams has only been nominated once before and I just don’t see any passion behind her. But in any case, her biggest problem will be vote splitting with Headey. And let’s not pretend there isn’t any competition in Supporting. Garner and Hawes are from Netflix’s top 2 contenders, shows with very solid reviews and most importantly POSITIVE buzz.

As for Clarke, she is at best 3rd behind Oh and Linney. Both Oh and Linney are industry darlings with literally years worth of good performances on TV behind them. Linney is a 4 times Emmy winner and Oh has swept awards this season. Again, their performances were praised and they are from shows with solid reviews and POSITIVE buzz. Clarke, who has been very hit and miss, could not turn any of her past nominations into a win. This year, her biggest problem will be that voters will have a very hard time connecting to her character. That’s hardly Clarke’s fault but the shitty writing of her character will definitely have an effect. And again, one good crying scene and one good “mad” look on your face, does not make you Emmy worthy.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

Actors don’t need a good season to win an Emmy. Headey will end up being the second most nominated “Thrones” actor, so she may have some goodwill. She’ll be helped by the fact that Cersei went out crying, and not with her resting bitch face. IMO she did so much with very little this season, especially in “The Bells;” the versatility she displayed in this episode was absolutely incredible, watching her observe King’s Landing’s destruction was mesmerizing. I hate how she died, but for me it doesn’t change the fact that Headey was terrific. And if not for this season, then for her work on the show. There’s a reason why Williams has one nod and Headey four – I am not saying that Williams is the inferior actress, but it’s quite obvious where the support lies. Williams is definitely getting in, and she has a great performance this season to back it up, but is that enough? I still have Garner ahead, but Headey has now moved back into my second slot.

As for Clarke, she has had to emote more in this season than she has in the first seven seasons combined, and people are picking up on that. Beating Oh will be a challenge, but I wouldn’t count it out. She was, after all, the first actor outside of Dinklage to get a nod.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

She’ll be helped by the fact that Cersei went out crying, and not with her resting bitch face.

The good sis has a good resting bitch face tho

Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think none of the Game Of Thrones ladies come close to Garner and Kelechi Watson.
    Between Garner and Kelechi Watson it’s such an hard pick for my personal choice: they are both so deserving.

On the other hand to pick a personal winner for drama series it’s impossible this year: I think no one really deserves it.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Some people just cannot withstand opinions and remain condescending when they call others “fan boys.”

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Having not seen Succession (it’s probably next on my list) it seems like a really writer-friendly show with the snarky dialogue and dramatic conversation and such, could it be the front runner in that category?

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.