Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 533 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Stegeo
  • Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just sitting here wondering if Lena Headey is on another show because I’m not understanding all these posts tal’mbout she deserves to win this year.

Then you clearly know nothing about acting, darling. I’m so sorry you can’t see Lena Headey’s excellence.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 12 hours ago by  Thatcher.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 12 hours ago by  Thatcher.

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

kruczynskicleme
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Claire Danes in Homeland has been so underrated this last two seasons. She’s Emmy-worthy tbh.

And about Supporting Actress, I really can’t see a more serious threat to the win than Lena Headey. She’s fantastic, she’s iconic and she’s overdue. She’s the frontrunner right now but vote splitting could hurt her. I thought she gave a very layered performance in “The Bells”.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Claire Danes in Homeland has been so underrated this last two seasons. She’s Emmy-worthy tbh. And about Supporting Actress, I really can’t see a more serious threat to the win than Lena Headey. She’s fantastic, she’s iconic and she’s overdue. She’s the frontrunner right now but vote splitting could hurt her. I thought she gave a very layered performance in “The Bells”.

She’s had barely any screentime and the writers robbed her of the chance to really give a win-worthy performance. She’ll face vote-splitting with Maisie and will have trouble winning for what (through no fault of her own) is pretty clearly her worst season.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I have to LAUGH if you think jumping girl is even close to Lena Headey. Even Lena’s resting bitch face outacts her. And if we mention Lena’s crying scene in The Bells… I mean, it’s so silly to think otherwise.

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s had barely any screentime and the writers robbed her of the chance to really give a win-worthy performance. She’ll face vote-splitting with Maisie and will have trouble winning for what (through no fault of her own) is pretty clearly her worst season.

Actors win for the wrong seasons all the time, as many on here have already said. Now, is there support from the Academy? That remains with a question mark. But Lena can win still imo.

TheBowie
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena Headey isn’t winning shit. She didn’t deserve shit. Uzo Aduba is a much better actress and deserved the win. Eat it.

I love being a literate person.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena Headey isn’t winning shit. She didn’t deserve shit. Uzo Aduba is a much better actress and deserved the win. Eat it.

Disgusting.

Participant
    Topics:

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Headey has deserved to win multiple times before, including in 2015. Aduba’s win should not have happened.

Actors win for the wrong seasons all the time, as many on here have already said. Now, is there support from the Academy? That remains with a question mark. But Lena can win still imo.

When is the last time that an actor has won for the first time in a lead or supporting category for a season that they were barely in and in which they did almost nothing?

Darlings, I have to LAUGH if you think jumping girl is even close to Lena Headey. Even Lena’s resting bitch face outacts her. And if we mention Lena’s crying scene in The Bells… I mean, it’s so silly to think otherwise.

I don’t think Maisie is worthy either. None of the cast other than Clarke, Dinklage, and Houten are. No one else has been given the material. That doesn’t change the fact that Maisie has been a much for visible presence in this season than Headey and that they will split votes.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Already trying on dresses for her Emmys speech I see?

TheBowie
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena is a Razzie-worthy actress. Sophie Turner is better and prettier.

Participant
    Topics:

Lena is a Razzie-worthy actress. Sophie Turner is better and prettier.

And you’re a rat, not-my-darling.

TheBowie
    Participant
    Topics:

And you’re a rat, not-my-darling.

Go cry me a river.

Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I may be retiring after this awards season. I’m too old for this.

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/general-discussion/thatcher-may-be-leaving-goldderby/

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll be rooting for Headey, not necessarily because of her performance this season though. From what I’ve seen, Keeley Hawes has been the best by far.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.