Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 533 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Stegeo
  • DuBoisBlanche
    Participant
    Topics:

I already feel Frances Conroy getting snubbed and my heart breaking.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll be rooting for Headey, not necessarily because of her performance this season though. From what I’ve seen, Keeley Hawes has been the best by far.

THIS.

It’s a mistake to disregard Hawes completely because of her low US profile. Yes, it will be hard for her to be visible enough for a nomination. But to her credit, she is out there actively campaigning, raising her profile where it matters most – with the voters. If she does get the nomination, she is a threat to win due to having the strongest submission out of all contenders.

Sorry folks, but Supporting Actress is between Garner and Hawes (if nominated).

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena is a Razzie-worthy actress. Sophie Turner is better and prettier.

Bringing in someone’s looks into a conversation about their talent. How groundbreaking.

moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m kind of stumped with Supporting Actor. Right now I have Dinklage, Coster-Waldau, Banks, Cannavale, Culkin and Macfadyen. The first three are probably in. I’m not predicting a strong showing for Cannavale’s show, but the Emmys like him. I don’t know if I see two “Succession” actors making it, though maybe that’ll be part of the show’s over-performance (but I’m not predicting any other actors from the show, so that nips that theory in the bud). I just don’t know who else to slot in there. I know Mullan is the popular choice because of the expected love for “Ozark,” but I’m not fully convinced. Kelly could make it in, but I can’t ignore that people loathed that final season and the buzz is kind of squarely centered on Robin Wright. Hartley would be very worthy, but if he didn’t break in last year, it’s not happening now. Whigham is unlikely because if I’m nervous predicting two “Succession” actors (+ Series), I would be even less confident in predicting two “Homecoming” actors, since that show is not in my Series lineup. Esposito is a former nominee, but where’s the buzz? I don’t watch the show so I can’t say if he’s worthy, but why is he in the conversation this year but not for last season when he was first (re)introduced? And then everyone in the prediction center beyond that has 100/1 odds and likely doesn’t stand a chance (although there are some deserving names). I would love to see a pleasant surprise, but not many of the names I’ve listed above excite me too much. What’s everyone else got?

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s everyone else got?

Dinklage, Cannavale, Coster-Waldou (might take him out and replace him with Peters), Banks, Culkin, and Hartley. But in all fairness, my favorite supporting performances in a drama series for the past two years has been Wesam Keesh in For the People and Jesse Williams in Grey’s Anatomy and I know they have no shot.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 22 hours ago by  vinny.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 21 hours ago by  vinny.
    TheBowie
    Participant
    Topics:

American Horror Story Apocalypse is the best TV show this year and the only one I could finish, so that will make it win big at the Emmys. Sarah Paulson is definitely a tour de force (it’s going to surprise in Best Actress) and Emma Roberts will get a nod for her Madison Montgomery.  Game of Thrones ain’t winning shit against Apocalypse. Eat it.

I love being a literate person.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

American Horror Story Apocalypse is the best TV show this year and the only one I could finish, so that will make it win big at the Emmys. Sarah Paulson is definitely a tour de force (it’s going to surprise in Best Actress) and Emma Roberts will get a nod for her Madison Montgomery. Game of Thrones ain’t winning shit against Apocalypse. Eat it.

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

American Horror Story Apocalypse is the best TV show this year and the only one I could finish, so that will make it win big at the Emmys. Sarah Paulson is definitely a tour de force (it’s going to surprise in Best Actress) and Emma Roberts will get a nod for her Madison Montgomery. Game of Thrones ain’t winning shit against Apocalypse. Eat it.

Another day, another troll..

LeQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

MacFadyden really deserves the nod over Culkin tbh.
    And also, I just wish Jeremy Strong could get some love somewhere.
    He has a couple of brilliant episodes.

I don’t know if I see two “Succession” actors making it, though maybe that’ll be part of the show’s over-performance (but I’m not predicting any other actors from the show, so that nips that theory in the bud).

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Esposito is a former nominee, but where’s the buzz? I don’t watch the show so I can’t say if he’s worthy, but why is he in the conversation this year but not for last season when he was first (re)introduced?

Because he had a much, much, much bigger role this season, in the previous season he had nothing. He is deserving if you like his performance, I have always loathed his Spanish accent. If we do not count that, he had some pretty chilling and terrifying scenes.

Joan988
    Participant
    Topics:

Sandra Oh shouldn’t win. She’s always playing the same one dimensional character (somebody has to remind her she’s in a drama series and we’ve already seen her like that in GA). This time, Emilia should win this, she had the buzziest role and the most popular series behind her.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think that Succession could surprise with multiple acting nominations. It’s a great series with serious snob appeal, which Emmy voters love.

The only safe-ish nominee is Kieran Culkin in Supporting Actor, but if they LOVE the series (and it is a weak year for Drama Series), I could see the following getting in:

Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Brian Cox

Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Jeremy Strong (this could be a huge surprise nomination that no one has seen coming that’s actually very possible)

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Matthew Macfadyen

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Kieran Culkin

Guest Actor in a Drama Series: James Cromwell

And honestly, with Supporting Actor being so weak this year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 3rd name pop up…

Nicholas Braun … But prob not lol

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think that Succession could surprise with multiple acting nominations. It’s a great series with serious snob appeal, which Emmy voters love. The only safe-ish nominee is Kieran Culkin in Supporting Actor, but if they LOVE the series (and it is a weak year for Drama Series), I could see the following getting in: Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Brian Cox Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Jeremy Strong (this could be a huge surprise nomination that no one has seen coming that’s actually very possible) Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Matthew Macfadyen Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Kieran Culkin Guest Actor in a Drama Series: James Cromwell And honestly, with Supporting Actor being so weak this year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 3rd name pop up… Nicholas Braun … But prob not lol

I think Snook theoretically has a chance. Lead Actress might be weak enough for her to fraud herself in (even though she really should be winning supporting instead).

And I hope Strong can make it. I’m 6 episodes in and his performance is my third-favorite performance of the year (after Madden and Snook).

Joan988
    Participant
    Topics:

Frances Conroy is so underrated. Funny how she lost her last two Emmys nominations over costars. Unfortunately her portrayal of Myrtle Snow in Apocalypse was pretty forgettable. The Myrtle from Coven seemed more natural and was played effortlessly. I hope with a little chance she might get in, who knows.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

J. Smith-Cameron has an outside shot too! This is a category in which a newbie who has been ignored the past eight years is basically considered a lock.

And honestly, with Supporting Actor being so weak this year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 3rd name pop up… Nicholas Braun … But prob not lol

Ha, would love that.

Having not seen Succession (it’s probably next on my list) it seems like a really writer-friendly show with the snarky dialogue and dramatic conversation and such, could it be the front runner in that category?

Yes, it is the drama version of Veep and very much a writers’ show with the dialogue that it has.  Four of its writers come from that show and the characters variably struggle to get through their convoluted punchlines.

This got a good laugh out of me! (And what about that part where he says that Apocalypse is the only show this year that he even finished?) EDIT: Are her eyes looking in different directions?

Esposito is a former nominee, but where’s the buzz? I don’t watch the show so I can’t say if he’s worthy, but why is he in the conversation this year but not for last season when he was first (re)introduced?

People are just grasping at straws. I do not even really know why Better Call Saul bothered to bring him back, seeing as they have not given him anything to do in his two seasons.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.