Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 174 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
15 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
  • wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I deleted that comment. I don’t think I conveyed my thoughts appropriately. My bad.

No worries @luca_giliberti . I get quite perplexed when reading these type of threads and understanding other people’s views myself!

He is in two of the first three episodes and he is a series regular. Why would they go out of their way to bring his character back from the dead, pay him for the full season and then have him only appear in one of the last five episodes of the season? That is what it would take for him to be eligible as a guest.

I mean it’s not like that has never happened before on other television series. You can’t just assume a plot point in something like Killing Eve, GoT or Bodyguard that just because they are billed as series regulars that they will be in all the remaining episodes of the season. It’s senseless. I mean Keeley Hawes was billed as the co-lead to Madden in Bodyguard and she was almost eligible for the guest categories!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  wolfali.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  wolfali.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Riley.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

You seem to hate Killing Eve a lot.

I disputed your confidence in the show’s nominations and you’re saying I hate the show. What’s more to discuss here.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I disputed your confidence in the show’s nominations and you’re saying I hate the show. What’s more to discuss here.

Previously you have mentioned that there is almost a certainty that Killing Eve was going to dramatically drop in standards with Fennell as show runner and even recently mentioned your underestimations of this season. You have mentioned this various times on threads of the 2019 Emmys and on the Killing Eve thread. What’s more to continue heh? Or exaggerate as you say?

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d love for Headey to win but after watching the premiere, I highly doubt it. It’s becoming apparent that Cersei’s storyline is largely out of touch with the storyline in the North and that D&D are stretching themselves thin to try to justify her continued presence with the story shifting more and more towards the magical storyline (probably because Cersei is likely to be dead by the time the Wall falls in Martin’s narrative). Lena did great in her scenes in this episode but the material is not there. She’ll probably have a big death scene that she’ll slay but I expect her story to be largely treading water till we get to that point. I’ve said before that Lena’s chances are going to decrease significantly if Maisie is nominated, and based on Maisie’s performance in the premiere (thank god they are moving away from the murder bot nonsense of last season), the parts in the trailer where she is being chased inside Winterfell, and whatever material she gets for Jon’s parentage reveal, she is shaping up to be the standout.

Exactly. Maisie has been overlooked for long enough, and though Lena is admittedly great, she’s been outperformed by Maisie in at least 3 seasons (1, 2, and 4) and is going to be in this one too.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually accidentally closed this when about to publish it but due to confusion and accusations that I hate GoT and that I am over exaggerating Killing Eve, here are my current predictions of who will win.

DRAMA SERIES : Game of Thrones
    ACTRESS : Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
    ACTOR : Richard Madden, Bodyguard
    S. ACTRESS : Lena Headey, Game of Thrones (Julia Garner, Ozark or Fiona Shaw, Killing Eve if there are 3 GoT actresses in this category)
    S. ACTOR : Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
    WRITING : Killing Eve
    DIRECTING : Game of Thrones
    GUEST ACTRESS : Cherry Jones (THT) or Jessica Lange (AHS : Apocalypse)
    GUEST ACTOR : Jeremy Allen White (Homecoming) or Ron Cephas Jones (This is Us)

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I mean it’s not like that has never happened before on other television series. You can’t just assume a plot point in something like Killing Eve, GoT or Bodyguard that just because they are billed as series regulars that they will be in all the remaining episodes of the season. It’s senseless.

Not all—I said that he would have to be in only one of the last five to be guest-eligible. Anyway, excuse me while I slot Jodie Comer into my guest predictions. After all, you never know!

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

If we are saying Turner is safe for a nomination, then Garner is winning (or Shaw if she gets nominated). There will be too great a GoT vote split for Heady to win.

Shaw winning would be an actual joke lmao. If vote splitting were to occur which I don’t think it would if Headey is the clear standout, then Garner would be a great winner. She’s miles better on Ozark than Shaw on Killing Eve.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do you think Shaw can win?

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Previously you have mentioned that there is almost a certainty that Killing Eve was going to dramatically drop in standards with Fennell as show runner and even recently mentioned your underestimations of this season. You have mentioned this various times on threads of the 2019 Emmys and on the Killing Eve thread. What’s more to continue heh? Or exaggerate as you say?

Changing a showrunner in a show heavily influenced by its creator was a red flag. Even more, it’s a show with a contained story. Of course I didn’t expect it to be a masterpiece and went with low expectations. The day after the premiere I said that I underestimated the new showrunner. Yet, you think I hate the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do you think Shaw can win?

I don’t think she will win. I think that there is a possibility that regarding previous history, Seehorn and Kelechi Watson will not get in (in the latter’s case because of a chance voters are not watching their show). I think if there are three GoT actresses vying for the Supporting Actress throne this season, there will be a vote split (as we saw last year with THT) and this would lead to a possible win for the other candidates, who at the moment I am currently predicting as Shaw and Garner. Whomever wins out of them would depend on the reception to their shows and their performances by voters.

I am currently predicting Headey to win and Turner to miss, I am hoping Headey wins. Hopefully, I am not the king of wishful thinking. But if there are three GoT actresses in the run, the only acting statuette GoT takes is by Dinklage.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher
    Participant
    Topics:

Exactly. Maisie has been overlooked for long enough, and though Lena is admittedly great, she’s been outperformed by Maisie in at least 3 seasons (1, 2, and 4) and is going to be in this one too.

Well, that’s reaching.  I really like Maisie but… definitely delirious. Refresh your memory with this Lenagendaries scenes from the seasons you mentioned (Maisie is a good actress, but she’s not even close to these acting masterclasses):

Season 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN6HGoeKWrA (1:50, scene with Catelyn)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ES_ElI6Wg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucB4UrhI-3w

Season 2

I mean… rewatch Blackwater

Season 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_t-WLlXik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbMFLDb3CbI

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

ReplyCopy URL
    t-clark
    Participant
    Topics:

Random spot to post this but does anyone know if there was forum thread for The OA season 1 and/or 2? I can’t seem to find it.
    (Just binged the series and loved it!)

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Random spot to post this but does anyone know if there was forum thread for The OA season 1 and/or 2? I can’t seem to find it. (Just binged the series and loved it!)

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/netflix-the-oa-emory-cohen-brit-marling-dec-16/

There’s not that many posts in it. I don’t think a season two thread will be made until closer to its release.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Just thought I might give a weekly update on who is currently in the top 10 in the prediction centre and what their percentage chance of winning if we were looking at the top 10 contenders only.

DRAMA SERIES

1. Game of Thrones – 2602 votes – 26%
    2. Killing Eve – 1373 votes – 13.7%
    3. This is Us – 1259 votes – 12.6%
    4. Better Call Saul – 1193 votes – 11.9%
    5. Ozark – 1164 votes – 11.6%
    6. Homecoming – 960 votes – 9.59%
    7. Pose – 557 votes – 5.57%
    8. Succession – 447 votes – 4.47%
    9. Bodyguard – 390 votes – 3.9%
    10. The Good Fight – 62 votes – 0.62%

ACTRESS

1. Sandra Oh, Killing Eve – 2333 votes – 27.4%
    2. Julia Roberts, Homecoming – 1291 votes – 15.2%
    3. Laura Linney, Ozark – 1229 votes – 14.4%
    4. Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones – 1050 votes – 12.3%
    5. Jodie Comer, Killing Eve – 1031 votes – 12.1%
    6. Robin Wright, House of Cards – 846 votes – 9.94%
    7. Christine Baranski, The Good Fight – 279 votes – 3.3%
    8. Mandy Moore, This is Us – 263 votes – 3.09%
    9. Viola Davis, How to Get Away with Murder – 131 votes – 1.54%
    10. Keeley Hawes, Bodyguard – 54 votes – 0.63%

P.S. WILL POST ACTOR, S. ACTOR, S. ACTRESS LATER

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/netflix-the-oa-emory-cohen-brit-marling-dec-16/

There’s not that many posts in it. I don’t think a season two thread will be made until closer to its release.

It premiered a month ago lol.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.