Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 533 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Stegeo
  • kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

It premiered a month ago lol.

Welp, looks like I’m spending the weekend finishing the new season.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen the finale yet, but I’ve practically finished Ozark S2 now. The problem with this show is that the episodes are sooooo long, which doesn’t give the actors good tapes (not that they matter), but so far I’m guessing:

• Laura Linney: Episode 2.07 “One Way Our” (my personal second least favorite episode of the series, but she has a lot to do) or 2.09 “The Badger”
    • Julia Garner: Episode 2.02 “The Precious Blood of Jesus,” 2.05 “Game Day,” or 2.09 “The Badger”
    • Jason Bateman: he doesn’t wow me in a single episode, but at the same time he could practically submit anything.
    • Peter Mullan: 2.09 “The Badger” (not because he’s good in it, but it starts and ends with his character)
    • Janet McTeer: 2.05 “Game Day” (she’s probably not getting nominated, but if she is, then this is undoubtedly her submission)

I don’t see anyone else standing a chance from the show tbh.

Jason Bateman will probably undeservedly be nominated for directing 2.01 – I say undeservedly because there were much, much better episodes in the season. Overall, I didn’t even dislike the season, I fairly enjoyed it. 2.07 was downright terrible and annoying, but otherwise it was ok. Curious to see the finale, this post might change then. Maybe Bateman finally has a knockout submission.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Welp, looks like I’m spending the weekend finishing the new season.

Yes girl give your streams, I need a season 3.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Indya Moore is on the Time 100 list and the only actor from her show or category.  Maybe I need to undo my swap to Adina Porter.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen the finale yet, but I’ve practically finished Ozark S2 now. The problem with this show is that the episodes are sooooo long, which doesn’t give the actors good tapes (not that they matter), but so far I’m guessing:

• Laura Linney: Episode 2.07 “One Way Our” (my personal second least favorite episode of the series, but she has a lot to do) or 2.09 “The Badger”
    • Julia Garner: Episode 2.02 “The Precious Blood of Jesus,” 2.05 “Game Day,” or 2.09 “The Badger”
    • Jason Bateman: he doesn’t wow me in a single episode, but at the same time he could practically submit anything.
    • Peter Mullan: 2.09 “The Badger” (not because he’s good in it, but it starts and ends with his character)
    • Janet McTeer: 2.05 “Game Day” (she’s probably not getting nominated, but if she is, then this is undoubtedly her submission)

I don’t see anyone else standing a chance from the show tbh. Jason Bateman will probably undeservedly be nominated for directing 2.01 – I say undeservedly because there were much, much better episodes in the season. Overall, I didn’t even dislike the season, I fairly enjoyed it. 2.07 was downright terrible and annoying, but otherwise it was ok. Curious to see the finale, this post might change then. Maybe Bateman finally has a knockout submission.

Color me shocked but I actually enjoyed the finale. They tied up loose ends and ended it on a somewhat poignant note (I guess). It could be Bateman’s submission because he actually shows emptions for once. It wouldn’t be a bad one for Garner either.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m 3 episodes into Homecoming right now, and I’m kind of baffled by why people think this will be a contender in the Series race and the acting races other than Lead Actress and maybe Guest Actor. It didn’t perform well at the guilds. It doesn’t have a large viewership (it only has 11,614 ratings on IMDB). None of the actors other than Roberts, James, and White have much to do, and even Roberts and James don’t have particularly showy roles. The less than 30 minute runtime that’s divided between 2 timelines means that we spend very little time with any actors except Julia Roberts. The score is overbearing and while the visual elements are well-crafted, they seem to be designed in a way that’s intended to alienate the viewer. And while Sam Esmail is a known name, Mr. Robot underperformed at the Emmys, missing nominations for Christian Slater and the show’s direction. And while it is Amazon’s only contender, Amazon is untested at the Drama Emmys. The show’s buzz also won’t be helped by Esmail and Roberts leaving the show. All it seems to have going for it are a high-profile cast and critical acclaim, which might be enough, but often isn’t.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

Based on quality, I don’t get it either. It also has zero buzz, but Amazon seems to be campaigning this one.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess, but that campaign doesn’t seem to be going particularly well based on guild performance. I know that that doesn’t always translate to the Emmys, but Julia Roberts missing at SAG to a supporting actress should not have happened. And do we know that Amazon is campaigning this much harder than they campaigned The Man in the High Castle for its first season?

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually predicted Julia to miss SAG because SAG is never up to date, it usually takes them while to recognize sth. Homecoming premiered a bit late. Of course that didn’t stop Claire Foy and John Lithgow from winning back in 2017, but still. SAG has its favorites, and Ozark is one of them, hence the shocking nod for Garner.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmys really don’t want GoT to win Best Drama Series do they? First they chuck Apocalypse and Twilight Zone into Drama and now they chuck Sex Ed in as well? I mean they have a 1000/1 chance at beating GoT for Drama Series (like every other show this season). Could Anderson break into Drama Supporting Actress?

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Keeley Hawes ("Bodyguard") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Killing Eve" in all eligible categories.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix is submitting Robin Wright as the only director for the final season of House of Cards. It’s also the series finale. Also only one episode for writing, very likely to be the finale, too.

Cody Fern is in supporting.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmys really don’t want GoT to win Best Drama Series do they? First they chuck Apocalypse and Twilight Zone into Drama and now they chuck Sex Ed in as well? I mean they have a 1000/1 chance at beating GoT for Drama Series (like every other show this season). Could Anderson break into Drama Supporting Actress?

Huh? That really doesn’t make sense. If they didn’t want it to win Drama Series, then they wouldn’t have given them that honor last year.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean what I am saying is, it looks very suspicious as to why this year they have moved a comedy series starring Gillian Anderson in a comic supporting role, and two anthology series into the Drama Race to the point that one can almost argue that it looks as if they don’t want it to win for its final season. I was not in any way suggesting that they didn’t ever want it to win! Maybe I phrased it a bit wrong and for always causing you to be so perplexed by my ambiguous writing, I do apologise @luca_giliberti

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Keeley Hawes ("Bodyguard") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Killing Eve" in all eligible categories.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I still don’t buy that at all though, it’s kind of far-fetched. And even if, nothing is taking down GOT.

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Sex Education in drama makes no sense at all

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.