Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 470 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +45 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
LiberianGirl12
wolfali
  • Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Interesting that they are not submitting any guests, when they normally submit whoever they can, like series regulars Mahershala Ali, Molly Parker and Paul Sparks. Maybe they have a tighter campaign budget?

That’s weird. I thought Patricia Clarkson and Constance Zimmer would be eligible, but according to IMDB they appeared in at least four out of eight episodes.

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

Wright deserves all the noms and awards but if Kelly and the writers get nominated that’ll be a bigger joke than a Series nom. They ruined what could’ve been one of its best seasons. But then again, they were only given a month instead of several for rewrites so it’s understandable for the writers, Kelly however…

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

I watched the first episode of GOT. I will try to be caught up in time for the Emmys. The pilot was intriguing, I’m interested.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

agorretta
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s being submitted in lead, not supporting. She’s in lead in the predictions center.

agorretta
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t watched Succession yet. How is it? Who do you think is the best in the cast? There doesn’t seem to be a clear consensus. That’s why I’m struggling with predicting it for acting, other than James Cromwell in guest.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Nominations Ranking

Best Drama Series

1. Game Of Thrones
    2. Killing Eve
    3. Better Call Saul
    4. Ozark
    5. This is Us
    6. Bodyguard
    7. Homecoming
    8. Succession
    9. Pose
    10. American Horror Story: Apocalypse

Best Lead Actress:

1. Sandra Oh- Killing Eve
    2. Laura Linney- Ozark
    3. Emilia Clarke- Game Of Thrones 
    4. Jodie Comer- Killing Eve
    5. Julia Roberts- Homecoming
    6. Robin Wright- House Of Cards
    7. Christine Baranski- The Good Fight
    8. Sarah Paulson- American Horror Story 
    9. Keeley Hawes- Bodyguard
    10. Viola Davis- How to Get Away with Murder

Best Lead Actor:

1. Richard Madden- Bodyguard
    2. Jason Bateman- Ozark 
    3. Bob Odenkirk- Better Call Saul
    4. Sterling K Brown- This is Us
    5. Milo Ventimiglia- This is Us
    6. Kit Harington- Game of Thrones 
    7. Billy Porter- Pose
    8. Brian Cox- Succession
    9. Stephan James- Homecoming

Best Supporting Actress: Likely to Get Nominated, so not who I think will win

1. Lena Headey- Game of Thrones
    2. Julia Garner- Ozark
    3. Rhea Seehorn- Better Call Saul
    4. Maisie Williams- Game of Thrones 
    5. Fiona Shaw- Killing Eve
    6. Sophie Turner- Game of Thrones
    7. Chrissy Metz- This is Us
    8. Susan Kelechi Watson- This is Us
    9. Kathy Bates- American Horror Story
    10. Frances Conroy- American Horror Story

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Hawes doesn’t deserve to be nominated in lead actress. Anyone who’s seen the show knows why.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Hawes doesn’t deserve to be nominated in lead actress. Anyone who’s seen the show knows why.

I watched the show recently, if they campaigned her as supporting she would be a lock for nomination and a threat to win. Based on episode submitting, I suppose you could argue that in episode 2 and 3 she is a co lead, she doesn’t appear until the last half in episode 1 and not at all in episodes 4, 5 and 6. I think that if the show does extremely well in nominations getting nods for Series, Actor, Writing and Directing then I think there is a chance that she could get nominated but I don’t think it will happen.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I watched the show recently, if they campaigned her as supporting she would be a lock for nomination and a threat to win. Based on episode submitting, I suppose you could argue that in episode 2 and 3 she is a co lead, she doesn’t appear until the last half in episode 1 and not at all in episodes 4, 5 and 6. I think that if the show does extremely well in nominations getting nods for Series, Actor, Writing and Directing then I think there is a chance that she could get nominated but I don’t think it will happen.

I don’t know if I agree with that, but she’d definitely have more of a chance of getting in. Richard Madden is Bodyguard’s lead, and its only lead. Maybe I missed it, but were people talking about Hawes’ performance?

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually thought she had a great performance, especially in episode 2. She’s been getting lots of praise and attention from the UK, including a BAFTA nomination for Best Leading Actress.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

Keeley Hawes should not be in Lead, but I guess it’s inevitable since the BBC submitted her in Lead for the BAFTAs too and she was nominated there.

That said, she will have a brilliant submission with episode 2 in which she was at least co-lead. She showed a very wide range of emotions in this episode, not to mention the awesome (and very flashy!) sniper scene which she sold 100%.

I think if Bodyguard overperformes in terms of nominations, Hawes might get in too. Maybe it’s not such a bad thing she is going Lead for the Emmys (although it is kind of category fraud), since Supporting will be stacked with GoT actresses. Lead is more barren and I don’t have as much faith in Roberts and Wright others seem to have. So that might open up a chance for Hawes.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know if I agree with that, but she’d definitely have more of a chance of getting in. Richard Madden is Bodyguard’s lead, and its only lead. Maybe I missed it, but were people talking about Hawes’ performance?

Before it was available to be binged on Netflix, in the UK, Bodyguard was beig advertised as having two big UK television actors as it’s leads. But I will now shut up before I inevitably accidentally spoil the show.

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Mohindra was sooooo good in her little screen time. Her final scene made my skin crawl.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Shame she hasn’t been recognised by anyone, not even BAFTA. But that is largely due to the race controversy surrounding Bodyguard which is a discussion for another time.

Not only is Hawes not a lead, but even among the supporting cast there were some who would be in my view more nomination worthy, such as Rundle and especially Mohindra. But prior to its airing in the UK the show had been primarily promoted with Hawes, who used to be the bigger name.

I feel like if Bodyguard was nominated in the supporting categories, it should be for Mohindra or McKee. I felt like Rundle’s performance really  wasn’t as good as McKee’s or even Hawes for the matter of a fact. It’s a shame Hawes hasn’t gotten a BAFTA for her other work or even an Emmy nod because she is an outstanding actress (p.s. I currently think she is a threat for her BAFTA this year because of her overdue narrative and can upset Comer [at the BAFTA’s]).

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 470 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.