Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 470 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +45 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
LiberianGirl12
wolfali
  • LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree about Mohindra and it’s a shame that Rundle didn’t really have the material to shine. I really like Rundle, but Mrs Budd was my least favourite character in Bodyguard. She did her best given the material, but I don’t think she is competitive for a nomination for season 1.

Hopefully, in season 2, we will perhaps get to see why and how Mr and Mrs Budd’s marriage broke down to the point Vicky has gotten so icy cold (downright mean at times) to her husband. Then Rundle could really knock it out of the park and hopefully get recognized more. But idk, season 2 hasn’t even been confirmed yet, so who knows.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Jodie Comer has been doing tons of interviews and photoshoots. I don’t see how she could miss on a nomination this year.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

And she shouldn’t.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

stuffy
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a shame Hawes hasn’t gotten a BAFTA for her other work or even an Emmy nod because she is an outstanding actress (p.s. I currently think she is a threat for her BAFTA this year because of her overdue narrative and can upset Comer [at the BAFTA’s]).

I think if it’s the overdue narrative that gets her a BAFTA award, it’ll be for Mrs. Wilson in supporting. I think Comer is winning BAFTA.

Also were Bodyguard and Mrs. Wilson both BBC shows? Maybe they went Bodyguard for lead to get the double nominations which ended up happening.

It’s still a crime she doesn’t have a major award for Line of Duty. I say it over and over, but she’s sooo good in it. I can’t believe she didn’t win. I don’t count the British critics award (forgot the name) because it covered three roles that year.

Netflix is going to have to go all out for Bodyguard to get Keeley a nomination. I don’t think a British actress, unknown to many in the US, is going to motivate them to campaign hard for her. The two things she has going for her is that many say Bodyguard’s quality dropped when she wasn’t in the other episodes, and she has a great episode for submission.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  stuffy.
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Bodyguard and Mrs Wilson were both BBC shows. I think Comer is almost a lock and I would be shocked if she doesn’t win BAFTA. I think Hawes will and should win for Supporting, although Fiona Shaw could be a threat if they decide to give everything to Killing Eve

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I think if it’s the overdue narrative that gets her a BAFTA award, it’ll be for Mrs. Wilson in supporting. I think Comer is winning BAFTA. Also were Bodyguard and Mrs. Wilson both BBC shows? Maybe they went Bodyguard for lead to get the double nominations which ended up happening. It’s still a crime she doesn’t have a major award for Line of Duty. I say it over and over, but she’s sooo good in it. I can’t believe she didn’t win. I don’t count the British critics award (forgot the name) because it covered three roles that year. Netflix is going to have to go all out for Bodyguard to get Keeley a nomination. I don’t think a British actress, unknown to many in the US, is going to motivate them to campaign hard for her. The two things she has going for her is that many say Bodyguard’s quality dropped when she wasn’t in the other episodes, and she has a great episode for submission.

I think with Hawes, people in the States (like Sally Field if you saw Graham Norton last week) just know her from being in period dramas on PBS (The Durrells, Upstairs Downstairs) and for being in the Life on Mars spin off, Ashes to Ashes (that’s a very niche crowd though).

It is criminal that she did not win the BAFTA for Line of Duty, one of the best performances on British television ever and on television this decade.

Bodyguard and Mrs Wilson were both BBC shows. I think Comer is almost a lock and I would be shocked if she doesn’t win BAFTA. I think Hawes will and should win for Supporting, although Fiona Shaw could be a threat if they decide to give everything to Killing Eve

That depends though for Shaw to have a chance at Supporting. At the moment, I think all four BAFTA nominated Supporting Actresses have a chance.

1. Keeley Hawes – Outstanding performance, outstanding submission, overdue
    2. Monica Dolan – Outstanding performance, screamy outstanding character performance in a submission, awards darling in one of BAFTA’s most loved and biggest shows of 2018
    3. Fiona Shaw – In one of BAFTA’s most loved and biggest shows of 2018.
    4. Billie Piper – never won and often snubbed. She had a small role but she has some scenes in episodes which could turn it in her favour. Both her and Shaw are dark horses.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Bodyguard, Jodie Comer, Bob Odenkirk, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ted Danson, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Shalhoub

and CHERNOBYL, Hugh Grant, Michelle Williams, Ben Whishaw, Vera Farmiga

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

My predicted nominees (predicted in bold):

Series

1. Game of Thrones
    2. Killing Eve
    3. Better Call Saul
    4. Ozark
    5. Pose
    6. Bodyguard
    7. This Is Us
    8. Succession
    9. Homecoming
    10. The Good Fight
    11. House of Cards

Actress

1. Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
    2. Laura Linney, Ozark
    3. Robin Wright, House of Cards
    4. Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    5. Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones
    6. Julia Roberts, Homecoming
    7. Christine Baranski, The Good Fight
    8. Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Apocalypse
    9. Keeley Hawes, Bodyguard
    10. Viola Davis, How to Get Away with Murder
    11. MJ Rodriguez, Pose
    12. Sarah Snook, Succession
    13. Ruth Wilson, The Affair
    14. Mandy Moore, This Is Us

Actor

1. Richard Madden, Bodyguard
    2. Jason Bateman, Ozark
    3. Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
    4. Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
    5. Milo Ventimiglia, This Is Us
    6. Billy Porter, Pose
    7. Kit Harington, Game of Thrones
    8. Brian Cox, Succession
    9. Stephan James, Homecoming
    10. Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan
    11. Freddie Highmore, The Good Doctor
    12. Jeremy Strong, Succession
    13. John Krasinski, Jack Ryan

Supporting Actress

1. Lena Headey, Game of Thrones
    2. Julia Garner, Ozark
    3. Maisie Williams, Game of Thrones
    4. Rhea Seehorn, Better Call Saul
    5. Fiona Shaw, Killing Eve
    6. Susan Kelechi Watson, This Is Us
    7. Sophie Turner, Game of Thrones
    8. Chrissy Metz, This Is Us
    9. Indya Moore, Pose
    10. Frances Conroy, American Horror Story: Apocalypse
    11. Kathy Bates, American Horror Story: Apocalypse
    12. Uzo Aduba, Orange Is the New Black
    13. Maura Tierney, The Affair
    14. Patricia Clarkson, House of Cards
    15. Adina Porter, American Horror Story: Apocalypse
    16. Sissy Spacek, Homecoming

Supporting Actor

1. Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
    2. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Game of Thrones
    3. Jonathan Banks, Better Call Saul
    4. Michael Kelly, House of Cards
    5. Kieran Culkin, Succession
    6. Peter Mullan, Ozark
    7. Giancarlo Espositio, Better Call Saul
    8. Justin Hartley, This Is Us
    9. Bobby Cannavale, Homecoming
    10. Shea Whigham, Homecoming

FYC Emmys 2019 : Bodyguard, Jodie Comer, Bob Odenkirk, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ted Danson, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Shalhoub

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Nice! We’re predicting almost the same nominees (I have Esposito over Kelly and Succession over Pose, but otherwise it’s the same).

Yeah. I mean the Actress categories could go either way for me which is why I have such an extensive list. I currently have Pose getting in because I can’t see Succession getting in series with only one (Supporting) acting nomination while I see Pose having Lead and potentially supporting. However, I think for Pose, Succession and Bodyguard, if either of them get in, they could have loads of support and major noms. I think Homecoming is this year’s Killing Eve, only getting buzz for Esmail and Roberts, James is like this year’s Comer, a rising star in Hollywood who got one prior nom but will be snubbed because of a stacked category (I am referring to Comer last year, not this year FYI).

I have Kelly in because I think that him and Wright will be HoC’s only nominees this year. And without The Crown and Stranger Things, Netflix could really push for Kelly in Supporting.

I think This is Us is potentially at risk of losing its series nom, I remember a user likening it to OitNB situation before it lost its series nom and they appear alarmingly similar

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I currently have Pose getting in because I can’t see Succession getting in series with only one (Supporting) acting nomination while I see Pose having Lead and potentially supporting.

Succession is much more likely to get a directing and/or writing nomination though. At this moment, I feel it’s getting into Series easily.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see Succession for Series, but I can’t see it getting an acting nomination. Has it ever happened for a drama to be nominated for program without any acting nominees?

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see Succession for Series, but I can’t see it getting an acting nomination. Has it ever happened for a drama to be nominated for program without any acting nominees?

True Blood did, I think it was for its second season but I’m not sure.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

True Blood S2. It wasn’t nominated for any of the acting, writing or directing categories.

Big Love was nominated for only Drama Series for its third season.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Succession is much more likely to get a directing and/or writing nomination though. At this moment, I feel it’s getting into Series easily.

Why? Adam McKay never got a solo nomination from the Emmys and doesn’t have an Emmy compared to Ryan Murphy who has two directing Emmys out of seven directing nominations.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

True Blood, of course! Succession has a big advantage with the support from the writing and directing branches. I could even see it getting a Casting nomination.

Update: You got me thinking and I believe we could see another True Blood/Big Love situation. Both shows for their first seasons received nominations for Casting and Main Title Design, two of Succession‘s stronger parts.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Why? Adam McKay never got a solo nomination from the Emmys and doesn’t have an Emmy compared to Ryan Murphy who has two directing Emmys out of seven directing nominations.

He just won the DGA for Succession. Moreover, he is a two time Oscar directing nominee backed by HBO.

Update: You got me thinking and I believe we could see another True Blood/Big Love situation. Both shows for their first seasons received nominations for Casting and Main Title Design, two of Succession‘s stronger parts.

Coincidentally, all three are HBO shows.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 470 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.