Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 470 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +45 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
LiberianGirl12
wolfali
  • JB
    Participant
    Topics:

Aside from a very likely and deserving nomination for Billy Porter, “Pose” has no chance in the other acting categories.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Aside from a very likely and deserving nomination for Billy Porter, “Pose” has no chance in the other acting categories.

I thought so but I wouldn’t count it out in Supporting Actress, Pose has a good ensemble.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Bodyguard, Jodie Comer, Bob Odenkirk, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ted Danson, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Shalhoub

and CHERNOBYL, Hugh Grant, Michelle Williams, Ben Whishaw, Vera Farmiga

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Makes sense, though I think This Is Us will at least get Sterling K. Brown nominated even in the worst case scenario (unlike Orange Is the New Black, which lost Uzo Aduba’s nomination in Season 3).

I didn’t know about the True Blood case, interesting! Although CSI really isn’t that great a programme for Emmy’s love (in my opinion) so I would have thought it got in because of a weak year (tbh, I can’t really remember).

FYC Emmys 2019 : Bodyguard, Jodie Comer, Bob Odenkirk, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ted Danson, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Shalhoub

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m only like 31 minutes into the first episode of Ozark and all I have to say is: “Why?” I feel like this show has already been done a dozen times in movies and Bateman was supposed to sell emotional in this but all I could think of is him in Identity Thief.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t see Succession getting in series with only one (Supporting) acting nomination

But this happens all the time?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

I’m only like 31 minutes into the first episode of Ozark and all I have to say is: “Why?” I feel like this show has already been done a dozen times in movies and Bateman was supposed to sell emotional in this but all I could think of is him in Identity Thief.

</p>
    Yeah, and that’s pretty much every single episode. Once you spend some time with the characters, you start warming up to some of them though I must admit.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve also started Ozark currently on episode 6 and it’s just fine so far I want to see what all the Julia Garner fuss is about but she hasn’t gotten that much to work with yet.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’ve also started Ozark currently on episode 6 and it’s just fine so far I want to see what all the Julia Garner fuss is about but she hasn’t gotten that much to work with yet.

Season 2 is when she gets to shine.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Just started on episode four (was catsitting for a couple of hours and switched to an episode of Bodyguard so I’m a bit behind; basically telling you my whole lifestory when explaining why I’m so behind) but the series has warmed up to me. The pilot just sucked. Bateman’s fine (no Rhys but good/fine) and loving Linney with her limited material. Loved the Garner scene with the bobcats.

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

There are 3 things about actress predictions I simply don’t understand.

1. Robin Wright. Sorry. But House of Cards and Kevin Spacey are inseparable. When you think of that show, you think of him. I don’t think voters touch it with a ten foot pole.

2. Rhea Seahorn. Is there a shed of evidence Emmy voters watch Better Call Saul? It seem’s it’s nominations are mostly just filler and left over Breaking Bad love. I am not convinced at all she is a nominee.

3. Chrissy Metz. Come on. Everyone has her in 7th and don’t want her nominated. She is at worst 5 in this field. I have her easy in after Headey, Garner, and Williams. The only reason she fell out last year is because the field was super strong. It’s not this year. She’s coming back and ya’ll just gotta deal with it.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

manhcam0510
    Participant
    Topics:

Seems like people predict Rhea Seahorn because BCS got SAG ensemble, which it didnt get for the previous seasons. Rhea didnt get a SAG nom, of course, since SAG combined lead and supporting acting and the category was crowded.

And I will be glad to see her nominated instead of half the category from GoT

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year, Netflix surprised us with submitting Matt Smith in supporting. Maybe the same happens to Keeley Hawes because she would certainly be nominated and even win.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Bodyguard be nominated in all of the catgories it has been submitted for and win all apart from Drama Series, Writing and Actress?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 470 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.