Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 470 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +45 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
LiberianGirl12
wolfali
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I think it’ll have a problem netting supporting actor/ actress nods. Madden, on the other hand, is at the right point in his career to win his first Emmy. But as of now, we really don’t know how many Emmy voters have actually seen “Bodyguard.” If voters watch it before voting commences, then it could blow up; the show really reminded of me of Homeland’s earlier seasons (not only because of the subject matter, but also because of the overall intensity). Writing and directing are big question marks, but it could happen.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Robin Wright. Sorry. But House of Cards and Kevin Spacey are inseparable. When you think of that show, you think of him.

I think that’s the point, there’s something called sympathy votes. These people are beyond shady and giving Wright the Emmy that he so desperately wanted displays that.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Robin Wright ain’t getting that nod darlings.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.

If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

Anonymous
    Topics:

I think Robin Wright ain’t getting that nod darlings.

Then @ Emmys

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Should be:
    Sandra Oh
    Sophie Turner
    Cherry Jones

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Bodyguard is much more likely to win writing than directing.

I disagree. In the UK ,at the BAFTAS (the UK’s TV equivalent to the Emmys), Mercurio (who is one of British TV’s most prized writers) was snubbed in favour of Phoebe Waller Bridge and Russell T Davies (AVES). If he couldn’t get in on home turf and has not been nominated for Bodyguards writing elsewhere whilst Bodyguard achieved a Director’s nomination when the only other major nods it scored were Editing, Series, Sound and Actress. I think anythings to play for (apart from Series and probably Actress unless there is a strong mobilisation for one show at the Emmys or Actress to overcome Sandra Oh and GoT.).

FYC Emmys 2019 : Bodyguard, Jodie Comer, Bob Odenkirk, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ted Danson, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Shalhoub

and CHERNOBYL, Hugh Grant, Michelle Williams, Ben Whishaw, Vera Farmiga

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Bodyguard be this year’s Homeland season 1 (except not winning Drama Series), the shows situations at the awards shows and not only in topic are strikingly similar.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Bodyguard, Jodie Comer, Bob Odenkirk, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ted Danson, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Shalhoub

and CHERNOBYL, Hugh Grant, Michelle Williams, Ben Whishaw, Vera Farmiga

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

If Bodyguard is well received and overperforms, I could see it getting into Actress, Directing and Writing. But it is unlikely to win due to competition from GoT and Killing Eve.

However, Bodyguard has excellent chances in Sound and Editing. It either won or was nominated in those categories at guilds in both the US and the UK. And it’s entirely justified.

I recently attended a panel discussion with Jed Mercurio and some of the tech people behind the show. They discussed how they created the sniper and bomb scenes and played both on the big screen. The sound effects were even more amazing than on the small screen. They also discussed how they wanted to show the entire plot from David’s POV, which is very cleverly reflected in the editing.

So I can see Bodyguard taking home 4 Emmys – Actor, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing and Editing but no more.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s Killing Eve likely to win

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s Killing Eve likely to win

Next to none. If a more lukewarm-received season of Game of Thrones won in an incredibly strong field more than a year after its release, then there’s no way it loses this year.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Heptapod.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Heptapod.
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Im not saying it’s winning Series, I mean which awards is it likely to win

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, I misread the post. Sandra Oh’s probably got lead actress locked, and I personally think that it has a really good shot at writing and that if GoT doesn’t pick up that category in a sweep, Killing Eve get writing. I don’t know enough about technical categories to be able to say its chances there, but it’s not a super technically impressive show, so I’d say that those two awards are about it.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it has a good shot at Contemporary Costumes

Anonymous
    Topics:

Can it happen at the Emmys that a lead actor/actress wins without their shows getting a series nod?

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think will win

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 470 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions Part 2’ is closed to new replies.