Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 503 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Rachel
ginnala
  • mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Why not? OK, writing was bad, but the Directing, Acting, Craft was all 10/10. Does that not make it worthy. Writing is not everything!

Writing kind of is everything though. All of the best shows in recent years have relied on fantastic writing to build their reputations, even when the directing wasn’t always innovative (The Americans, Mad Men) or the acting consistent (GOT seasons 1-4). I see the craftwork on season 8 as glossing over a fundamentally poor season.

FYC: Carice van Houten, ‘Instinct’, Best Actress

Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol Jan, but the season overall is bad! So doesn’t matter the elements you’ve just listed, besides there are categories to reward the directing and acting. It has no business winning BDS whatsoever.

Can you stop calling me Jan? It is very disrespectful!
    So your logic:
    Directing: Check
    Acting: Check
    Cinematography: Check
    Editing: Check
    Visual Effects: Check
    Production Design: Check
    Costume Design: Check
    Sound: Check
    Music: Check
    Makeup: Check
    Writing: No

And it does not deserve Drama Series? It is at top level at everything else besides writing and it is not drama worthy?

By that logic give the Drama series to the show that win writing.

I am sorry but there are a lot of other aspects of a series besides writing. And the writing was not that bad either. Yes it was below standards, but it is not THAT bad.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m think that GOT isn’t winning Best Drama Series but I don’t know who can win that. Killing Eve maybe but I really don’t know

Only Ozark, Pose & Succession, This Is Us and all of these are a stretch

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Killing Eve is not winning Drama Series, not for this second season.

I love Killing Eve, it’s in my top 10 shows of the season, but I just took it out of my predictions. The show will have like 0 below-the-line support. What else outside Oh & maybe Comer can it even get?

I currently have:

1. Game of Thrones
    2. Ozark
    3. Better Call Saul
    4. Homecoming
    5. This Is Us
    6. Succession
    7. Pose

Because I think all those will much more overall support.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I like Killing Eve too, but this season has been going nowhere for me. Waller-Bridge’s magic touch is gone, which is clearly visible IMO. I still think the show will make it into Drama Series, because it has been building up momentum ever since its first season concluded. Plus, the category is bereft of contenders, which will help it as well. It’s below-the-line support, or lack thereof, may not be too worrisome – it didn’t hurt The Americans.

I don’t have Homecoming because it just came and went, didn’t blow up at the precursors & guilds, and hasn’t sustained any buzz. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if it got in. I also don’t have Pose, but I’m starting to think it could be a real contender. Instead, I have Bodyguard, which is pretty accessible both in terms of storyline and availability. The show has passion, visibility, and critical acclaim – that will help it IMO. But again, if it didn’t get nominated, I wouldn’t be surprised.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I think succession is not happening.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I am catching up with the second season of The OA and it’s unlike anything I’ve seen this season. I wish more people were aware of it.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s truly amazing and should be a contender

Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

Watching this, I can’t stop calling you Jan lol, the writing was really bad! I mean, you can’t possibly give BDS to a series, with such atrocious writing. It’s like saying Marvel movies and shit should be nominated for BP and win.

Your opinion! Mine is different.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I think succession is not happening.

Go on. BAFTA did kind of just name it the best show in the world.

I love Killing Eve, it’s in my top 10 shows of the season, but I just took it out of my predictions. The show will have like 0 below-the-line support. What else outside Oh & maybe Comer can it even get?

Contemporary costumes!

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Pencilling Jon Voight into my predictions.

LScott
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m really curious to see if ‘Game of Thrones’ will come out on top as Best Drama despite all the backlash. In my opinion, it should. Despite challenges with the writing, all other aspects of the show were ground breaking and far superior than any of its peers. It is unfortunate the writing was not good but it should not be punished for having all other things right. For that reason I still think it will win. Plus the competition is not deserving enough to call it better in my opinion.

Also, I just want to say that Emilia Clarke was absolutely fantastic and shined through this year. I’ve seen nothing but love for her performance and even Jimmy Fallon took a minute to praise her as an actor on his program. I honestly feel that she is a contender for Best Drama Actress. I know that a lot of people feel that Sandra Oh is a lock and going into this year, I thought so myself ahead of everything. Before season 8 aired, I was sure that Sandra had it in the bag never thinking that Emilia would have put on a performance that she did. I really feel that if anyone could pull an upset it is her in this category which I wouldn’t be upset about TBH. This would be a well deserved win.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jane.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jane.
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m really curious to see if ‘Game of Thrones’ will come out on top as Best Drama despite all the backlash. In my opinion, it should. Despite challenges with the writing, all other aspects of the show were ground breaking and far superior than any of its peers. It is unfortunate the writing was not good but it should not be punished for having all other things right. For that reason I still think it will win. Plus the competition is not deserving enough to call it better in my opinion.

Also, I just want to say that Emilia Clarke was absolutely fantastic and shined through this year. I’ve seen nothing but love for her performance and even Jimmy Fallon took a minute to praise her as an actor on his program. I honestly feel that she is a contender for Best Drama Actress. I know that a lot of people feel that Sandra Oh is a lock and going into this year, I thought so myself ahead of everything. Before season 8 aired, I was sure that Sandra had it in the bag never thinking that Emilia would have put on a performance that she did. I really feel that if anyone could pull an upset it is her in this category which I wouldn’t be upset about TBH. This would be a well deserved win.

I don’t know if Emilia can win but the fact that most of her performance were between she and a green screen says a lot about her talent.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I previously pointed out how strange it was that Kathy Bates was not listed on the FX FYC site, but just assumed that it was an error. FX has sent out their box of DVDs and it confirms that they are not campaigning Bates or Connie Britton. Both were listed in the box from 20th Century Fox. FX has given up on American Horror Story somewhat, as they did not send out the whole season—just the premiere and “Return to Murder House”.

Check out the FX box, which has no pictures of Bates or Britton either, then check out the Fox box.

Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly feel that she is a contender for Best Drama Actress. I know that a lot of people feel that Sandra Oh is a lock and going into this year, I thought so myself ahead of everything. Before season 8 aired, I was sure that Sandra had it in the bag never thinking that Emilia would have put on a performance that she did. I really feel that if anyone could pull an upset it is her (…)

imo, if both Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer are going to be nominated, then the third party will win. Comer was simply spectacualar this season and she should steal some points from Sandra. She has like..5-6 tapes in s.2. Including that bonkers s.2 finale. But it still probably won’t be enough for her to win.

So, with some strong campaing from HBO, Emilia total should be consider as a very strong contender to be nominated and then eventually win.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.