Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 503 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Rachel
ginnala
  • AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

talentless sandra oh

I have to laugh out loud. Sandrah is one of the most talented actors working in the industry and should have already won two Emmys (for her Season 2 and Season 3 episode submissions) for Greys Anatomy by now.

She might not be deserving to win for Killing Eve’s second season, but she is anything but “talentless”.

Also, all this talk if Oh not winning this year is laughable. Sandrah is the biggest lock on Emmy night and Comer, who couldn’t even get nominated last year or might get snubbed this year as well, is not stopping that.

Julian14
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke though has So much good publicity right now. From the fundraising to #istandbydaenerys. The news About het having two aneurysims , the fact that Everyone feels her character was done dirty by adds to the sympathy Towards her. Plus She delivered her best performance yet and absolutely went to the next level this season. Sandra oh was very very good but Whats het Story? That She is deserving of an Emmy after being nominated So Many times?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t think anyone is doubting Sandra Oh’s chances, but Emilia Clarke has become a real competitor after her performance in season 8 of “Game of Thrones.” She not only had the most challenging role to play, but she was undoubtedly the lead of the season. People have been talking about her performance, she’s doing one interview after the other, and she handled the whole petition debacle the best.

What bugs me about Oh is that she isn’t getting win-worthy material this season on Killing Eve. Jodie Comer has so much more to do, it’s crazy. I will be so angry if Comer is snubbed; how can you give such an incredible performance and not be recognized? Oh does the same thing episode after episode.

Julian14
    Participant
    Topics:

If Jodie comer is not nominated, the Emmy’s are a Joke. She steals the whole fucking show and She is also getting the most work outside the show due to the show . Sandra oh has landed No other significant role yet

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Check out the FX box, which has no pictures of Bates or Britton either, then check out the Fox box.

They also don’t have a separate page (not even a photo) of Conroy and Porter?

Here are new photos from Killing Eve‘s FYC package.

Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

Do we know what ep KE sub in writing/directing?
    The first two? They have zero chance, but just curious.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

KE has a chance to win Writing. I’d say they will either submit the first Ep or the last, depending on what happens

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

LScott
    Participant
    Topics:

Sandra will most likely win. I don’t think anyone disagrees with that sentiment. The statements about Emilia are just that she is now a considerable contender. Emilia came out of nowhere but truly delivered in her last year. She has been getting a lot of praise both from her audiences, peers, and the media for her acting specifically the last few episodes even in the face of bad writing. Plus the character that she helped to build has become a pop culture phenomenon. Still Sandra has been in the industry for many years and has been riding a wave since S1 that only seems to get bigger and bigger. However if there was an upset I could see happening it is this one.

Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

KE has a chance to win Writing. I’d say they will either submit the first Ep or the last, depending on what happens

Really? I honestly think they won’t be even nominated.
    But I would submit s.2 finale.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m getting tired of asking this. If Waller-Bridge couldn’t win for the pilot of the show, why would Fennell win for a sophomore episode?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I know some people are touting Killing Eve as an alternative to GOT in some races, but GOT at least had more than two good seasons while KE has only had one. It doesn’t deserve to win writing, at all, IMO. Waller-Bridge would have deserved it, and it’d be strange if she didn’t win but Fennell did.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Although I think a lot of voters will vote for other shows rather than GOT for Series, I do think it would end up winning. I don’t think any other shows are strong enough, Voters will probably split between KE, BCS and OZ

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Killing Eve will win writing, that race is between Bodyguard and Succession if either of them get nominated. However, I do see it as voters mobilising behind it as a viable alternative to D&D winning for GoT if Bodyguard or Succession don’t get nominated. But it’s unlikely to win, but likely for a nomination.

Just a point on Waller-Bridge losing for KE, while it would be weirder for Fennel to win and Waller-Bridge to not, let’s not forget that Waller-Bridge was up against the finale of The Americans, The Handmaid’s Tale, The Crown and Stranger Things last year. Only THT and GoT are eligible from last year’s noms to be in the running in this year.

BTW, Emilia Clarke is not beating Sandra Oh, period…

FYC GD Decade Awards : The Good Wife, The Crown and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel in all categories

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Full Predictions;

Drama Series:

1. Game Of Thrones
    2. Killing Eve
    3. Better Call Saul
    4. Ozark
    5. This is Us
    6. Bodyguard
    7. Succession

Lead Actress:

1. Sandra Oh
    2. Emilia Clarke
    3. Jodie Comer
    4. Laura Linney
    5. Julia Roberts
    6. Christine Baranski

Lead Actor:

1. Richard Madden
    2. Jason Bateman
    3. Bob Odenkirk
    4. Sterling K Brown
    5. Billy Porter
    6. Milo Ventimiglia

Supporting Actress:

1. Keeley Hawes
    2. Julia Garner
    3. Maisie Williams
    4. Lena Headey
    5. Fiona Shaw
    6. Rhea Seehorn

Supporting Actor:

1. Peter Dinklage
    2. Nikolaj Coster Waldau
    3. Jonathan Banks
    4. Kieran Culkin
    5. Bobby Cannavale
    6. Peter Mullan

Directing:

1. Succession
    2. Game Of Thrones
    3. Game Of Thrones
    4. Ozark
    5. Bodyguard
    6. Better Call Saul

Writing:

1. Bodyguard
    2. Killing Eve
    3. Succession
    4. Ozark
    5. Game Of Thrones
    6. Better Call Saul

No idea on Guest Actor or Actress yet

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

BTW, Emilia Clarke is not beating Sandra Oh, period…

Again, no one said she’s definitely winning, we’re just touting her as a viable competitor. She had 10 times the material that Oh has had this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.