Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 503 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Rachel
ginnala
  • AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

What if Succession did good at the BAFTAs because the creator is British and it won’t translate to the Emmys?

It’s not just the Bafta nod alone. It’s the Bafta nod in addition to its relatively strong Guild performance, plus you can never underestimate HBO

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Succession and Bodyguard are, in my opinion, more heavy weight than This Is Us and Killing Eve, beside the fact that there are better shows both of them feels more important and current than the NBC family drama and the Dexter wannabe.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are people predicting Pose? It lacks buzz, had the poorest performance of all the new shows at the guilds, has a subject matter that is much less accessible than others and comes from a network that doesn’t have a strong track record here compared to its competitors. The only thing going for it is Ryan Murphy, who has another show in contention from the same network. I don’t think it has any chance of getting a nomination.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I really have so much more respect for the GOT actors after that documentary, more than I already had. Sophie and Emilia were really broke my heart when they continued crying off-screen, because they were so in their element. I really want Sophie to get nominated and Emilia to win.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

Can someone give me a link for that documentary?

LScott
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope that Emilia is submitted for episode 4 and not episode 6. She does a phenomenal job in both but I think her acting  in episode 4 really shows the range as an actress. She has a wide variety of emotions that she nails perfectly from sadness,  to withdrawn, to lust, to anger, to panic, to content, to full rage. I will stand by and say she has a chance and honestly would not be upset if she were to win.

As a side note, Jodie Cormer seems to be getting much bigger buzz than Sandra following the finale for her acting. To be honest, Sandra should have won an Emmy a long time ago and got screwed. I will be completely shook if Jodie snatches the award from Sandra while working on the same show. I think unlikely since Sandra has beat her in pretty much everything else.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

When do we find out which episode Emilia submitted? Does anyone know?

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Jodie Cormer nominated is the worst thing that could happen to Sandra Oh.

That’s why I’m starting to believe Emilia Clarke is winning.

Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

When do we find out which episode Emilia submitted? Does anyone know?

June 10th I believe. That’s when the submission lists comes out.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Other than guest stars, no actors or actresses submit episodes unless they are nominated in July. They will then have a few days to get their entries submitted.

LScott
    Participant
    Topics:

Jodie Cormer should get a nomination cause it really seems that she has much more buzz following the finale than Sandra. Again, Sandra is the more well known and seasoned actress but Jodie Cormer is who drove S2 home at the end. This category will be interesting, I don’t think Sandra is an easy lock like people suspect. She in my opinion is a frontrunner but not a lock.

I feel like this is very much the same with Lena Heady. At once I think Lena was a lock for Drama Supporting Actress. But due to her limited screen time and lack of material, there might be an upset and it could be from GOT’s own Maisie Williams. This is another category to watch.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Headey was definitely the front runner before GOT actually aired. If she had material this season that was comparable to past seasons I might consider her a lock, or at least close to it.

espnfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like I may be in the minority here, but sorry, Lena Heady did nothing to deserve an Emmy this past season on GoT. Heck, I would even argue the material given her doesn’t even warrant a nomination.

And that is a real damn shame. I do not argue that she was great in “The Bells” but the extremely limited screen time and material simply does not warrant an Emmy.

Her situation reminds me very much of Elizabeth Moss in “Meditations in an Emergency”. Not that those performances are the same, but I feel aspects of their situations are similar. They both gave great performances, but certain factors did/should get in the way of them winning.

I absolutely adore Peggy Olsen/Elisabeth Moss and consider “Meditations in an Emergency” to be some of her career best work in “Mad Men”. But I could not justify her winning for that episode or season as a whole. And sadly Lena Heady has had a vastly weaker season than Moss did in her respective season.

Lena Heady did a fantastic job as Cersi Lannister and should have already won an Emmy for her work on GoT. She often rose far above the writing given to her. What could have been a one-note villain was transformed into a complex and even empathetic character. She deserved to win, but certainly does not for this past season.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Lena had it in the bag for Season 6 and definitely deserved to win an Emmy that year, but Maggie Smith won instead. I think it’s safe to say she wasn’t given the best material this season. Unfortunately, I don’t think she’ll ever win for GoT. I think Julia Garner is almost a for sure bet to win this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.