Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 503 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Rachel
ginnala
  • Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Jodie Cormer nominated is the worst thing that could happen to Sandra Oh.

That’s why I’m starting to believe Emilia Clarke is winning.

I do not think that Emilia Clarke would win if both Sandra oh and Jodie Cormer are nominated – that award will go to Robin Wright (if she is nominated).

I just do not see Emilia Clarke walking up to the stage to claim an Emmy. I do not see her as award worthy.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I do not think that Emilia Clarke would win if both Sandra oh and Jodie Cormer are nominated – that award will go to Robin Wright (if she is nominated). I just do not see Emilia Clarke walking up to the stage to claim an Emmy. I do not see her as award worthy.

Vote splitting is a real thing at the Emmy’s. Emilia is in a very sturdy third place to win. She absolutely can and will win if the Emmy voters split the vote for Killing Eve.

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I do not think that Emilia Clarke would win if both Sandra oh and Jodie Cormer are nominated – that award will go to Robin Wright (if she is nominated).

I just do not see Emilia Clarke walking up to the stage to claim an Emmy. I do not see her as award worthy.

So thank God you are just Emmyfan not Emmyvoter.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s Linney that would win if Comer and Oh split votes? I really don’t see why Clarke would win. I’d agree this was her best season acting wise, but she wasn’t so much better than previous years that she’s suddenly going to win after not even being nominated last year and never being able to win in supporting. And there’s so much backlash specifically to her character and even though that’s on the writers, voters will still blame her. Also worth mentioning that it’s really not even a lead role, she barely had anything to do in the last two episodes

Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually there’s a lot of goodwill and sympathy directed at Emilia right now in light of her reaction to Dany’s ending. The backlash is firmly focused on the writers with Emilia being praised for delivering a great performance despite awful writing. Coming on the heels of the news about her near death experience, the fact that she is the one main cast member that didn’t react to the backlash petulantly and Dany’s fate being so widely hated every major publication is talking about it, she is the strongest she has ever been. I also think her performance this year was vastly superior to last seasons but that’s a matter of opinion. Whether that’s enough to propel her to a win is unknown but she is certainly competitive for it.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

And let’s not forget about her health struggles and how much respect she gained because of it. She’s already been nominated by the academy three times now, so they clearly do like her. Her snub last year doesn’t even worry me because 1) the season had aired an entire year ago 2) that category was STACKED and 3) she wasn’t all that great in S7 IMO.

Oh is still ahead, but I could easily see people rallying behind Clarke. She also has no competition from co-nominees. She’s honestly everywhere right now from THR Roundtable to Variety’s Actors on Actors

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I was going to mention Emilia’s health struggles too. The fact that she suffered two brain aneurysms, with the second almost killing her, and she still came back to work is incredible. She even mentioned she thought it ruined her ability to act and so she had to reteach herself drama skills. I mean, that’s amazing. She had to go through the unthinkable and came back so strong. This season she’s getting a ton of support. I strongly believe that this race is between Oh, Comer, and Emilia.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

And there’s so much backlash specifically to her character and even though that’s on the writers, voters will still blame her.

All your other arguments are valid to an extent except this one. When you have people who started the ‘petition’ raise thousands of dollars to show their support to Emilia Clarke, whose charity organisation will receive this donation, then I doubt voters will blame her for anything.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I think Comer’s reward is, unfortunately, the nomination. This race should honestly be between her and Clarke, if it were up to me (not that my opinion matters). Comer is just above and beyond and it pains me to see how she keeps getting snubbed by one group after the other. I genuinely don’t understand how people would watch KE and think Oh is more worthy than Comer. I know everyone says that Eve is such a fascinating character, and she was in the first season, but this season has been so meh for her. Outside of Villanelle, I don’t like their character work at all this year. Caroline is such a useless character at this point, as are pretty much all others.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Pulp is right on the money.  Let us not pretend that Emilia Clarke did anything more than she did. Good for her for making the most of some moments, but to go from Elisabeth Moss to Claire Foy to her limited performance?  (It was limited in terms of both material and screen time, as well as acting ability really.) This sentiment is getting out of control here.  Khaleesi is a popular character and her dragons are fun effects, but I doubt that Clarke is taken all that seriously as an actress.  Laura Linney seems positioned very well to me.  At this point, I am more confident about an Ozark contingent within the acting branch based on its growth at SAG, whereas I wonder if we are all overestimating Game of Thrones after its acting haul last year.  If Sandra Oh loses votes to Jodie Comer because voters are actually watching the show, that should help Linney, seeing as people who actually watched her show this season cite her as superior to Jason Bateman, who is riding a narrative like Oh.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia’s acting is more subtle but it’s strong. She has to work with a green screen the majority of the time which can’t be easy since actors usually feed off of each other’s emotions. I guess we will have to see which episode she submits.

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Linney could read the phone book and win an Emmy they love her so much.

I don’t think she deserves it and it would be such an uninspired win but she is set up too nicely now that Comer could steal votes from Oh. I think it’s between those 3. The notion Emilia Clarke belongs anywhere near an Emmy is proof GOT is being over run with GOT fans. Roberts show is losing buzz by the day. Even if they get in Viola, Paulson, and Wright are old news. Maybe 20 people have seen Baranski’s show.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Linney could read the phone book and win an Emmy they love her so much. I don’t think she deserves it and it would be such an uninspired win but she is set up too nicely now that Comer could steal votes from Oh. I think it’s between those 3. The notion Emilia Clarke belongs anywhere near an Emmy is proof GOT is being over run with GOT fans. Roberts show is losing buzz by the day. Even if they get in Viola, Paulson, and Wright are old news. Maybe 20 people have seen Baranski’s show.

There are a lot of GoT fans in the Academy. I mean, GoT won last year which was very unexpected. I love GoT but it had been off the air for a year and the competition was pure insanity. They were also criticized for the pacing and writing for that season as well. It can be a bit of a popularity contest which is another reason Emilia is a strong contender. But who knows which direction the Academy is going until we see the nominations.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Linney has one episode this season where she screams and cries the entire episode, so yeah, she could easily win. She’s also only lost 1 Emmy so far…

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.