Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 503 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca
Rachel
ginnala
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Lead Actress is a weird one this year. There’s people who are locks to get nominated but don’t have a shot at winning, then there’s people who could easily be snubbed of a nom but then win.

Sandra Oh, Lock for Nom, Great shot at winning

Laura Linney, Lock for Nom, Can’t See Winning

Emilia Clarke, Very Likely for Nom, Good chance at winning

Jodie Comer, Likely for Nom, Vote Split with Oh

Robin Wright, Could Get Nom, Good chance at winning

Christine Baranski, Good Chance for Nom, Could Easily win

Julia Roberts, Good chance for Nom, Can’t See Winning

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The abduction episode? It’s been almost a year since I saw S2.

Yes! I detested the episode but Linney had a lot to do.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

There are a lot of members of the Academy that are fans of Games of Thrones in a number of categories, but I expect that Dinklage will be the only actor to walk away with the Emmy.

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

Lead Actress is a weird one this year. There’s people who are locks to get nominated but don’t have a shot at winning, then there’s people who could easily be snubbed of a nom but then win. Sandra Oh, Lock for Nom, Great shot at winning Laura Linney, Lock for Nom, Can’t See Winning Emilia Clarke, Very Likely for Nom, Good chance at winning Jodie Comer, Likely for Nom, Vote Split with Oh Robin Wright, Could Get Nom, Good chance at winning Christine Baranski, Good Chance for Nom, Could Easily win Julia Roberts, Good chance for Nom, Can’t See Winning

No one is watching The Good Fight (I am though), so I don’t see how Christine Baranski has a good chance of a nom and winning, considering she has never won for the good wife.

But if somehow Baranski is nominated, it would mean voters finally watched the good fight, and then it could be nominated for best drama, which would be quite a plot twist.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

are

Just because someone has a difference of opinion does not mean that their opinion shouldn’t matter. At the end of the day, I do not see Clarke as winning.

Sometimes people’s love for a show or an actor blinds them in their opinion on who should win. I have plenty of favorites that I love, but I know that some won’t get nominated and/or some won’t win.

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

I doubt that Clarke is taken all that seriously as an actress.

She has already been nominated for an Emmy 3 times for her performance in Game Of Thrones. She even got nominated before Lena Headey (Emilia in 2013, Lena in 2014).

Emilia Clarke is not Mandy Moore.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

Yet Mandy Moore has had baitier material.

She has, and it’s a shame she hasn’t been nominated when she is, imo, the best thing about TIU.

Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke is not Mandy Moore.

No, but they both certainly have that same mediocre-to-bad acting ability.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Ugh that Mandy Moore snub from last year still hurts so much

Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

I can’t get my hopes up for Christine Thee Baranski getting in. Haven’t watched this season of The Good Fight, but it seems like either her team or CBS is pushing her this time around. I would live, but not getting my hopes up b/c if she can’t get in for this year, she’ll never get in. Like my beloved and aforementioned Amanda Thee Moore.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Vote splitting is a real thing at the Emmy’s. Emilia is in a very sturdy third place to win. She absolutely can and will win if the Emmy voters split the vote for Killing Eve.

I don’t like tis sentiment saying that neither Oh or Comer will win the Emmy because of vote splitting. Whilst Comer is more deserving and Oh is more likely, let’s not forget that Oh is riding a sentiment of the overdue narrative for her work on GA and KE and also that if vote splitting “definitely happens” at the Emmy’s, then why did Sterling K Brown (who was not overdue) win in 2017 when Ventimiglia was nominated in the same category?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

I don’t like tis sentiment saying that neither Oh or Comer will win the Emmy because of vote splitting. Whilst Comer is more deserving and Oh is more likely, let’s not forget that Oh is riding a sentiment of the overdue narrative for her work on GA and KE and also that if vote splitting “definitely happens” at the Emmy’s, then why did Sterling K Brown (who was not overdue) win in 2017 when Ventimiglia was nominated in the same category?

You’re right. But regarding Sterling and Milo, I think it’s because Sterling was a clear winner, no one was debating whether or not Milo was better, which isn’t the case for Oh/Comer. Ever since KE started, people have been saying that Comer is better, even more this season.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.