Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Rachel
ginnala
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Like I said, the Emmys are a measure of industry support, not a pass/fail system of whether there is any existence of industry support. Both Veep and black-ish “have had industry support to some degree” and the degree varies.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

I second this. Maybe Williams on SA, but I am rooting for Moore too.

Lena Headey sweetie.

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Queen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByQYLjJJXAw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

HTGAWM has submitted these three episodes to voters:

#505 “It Was the Worst Day of My Life”
    #509 “He Betrayed Us Both”
    #513 “Where Are Your Parents?”

That is incredibly smart. 5 is Turman’s submission, 9 Davis’, and 13 Tyson’s. Very smart, even if doesn’t really matter.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

I am hoping that voters are smart enough to know you can still vote to give someone an Emmy even if the writers dropped the ball on their character. Especially if they are without an Emmy. Lena deserves to win an Emmy for the entire course of the show. The voters can make that happen this year even if her writers let her down.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Andrea.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I am hoping that voters are smart enough to know you can still vote to give someone an Emmy even if the writers dropped the ball on their character. Especially if they are without an Emmy. Lena deserves to win an Emmy for the entire course of the show. The voters can make that happen this year even if her writers let her down.

OMG. Y’all are so biased, it is disturbing as fuck. If someone doesn’t give an award-worthy performance in the 12-month eligibility period, then they don’t deserve the award it is simple as that. Overdue awards are bullshit, and they take away all the enjoyment of an awards show. Lena Headey does NOT deserve to win an Emmy based on her season 8 material, if she wanted to win an Emmy she should have fought with the producers to have her character be in 1 less episode and be eligible for the Guest Actress Emmy. Cause based on this season alone she has the worst material from the Supporting Actress contenders of GOT (Williams > Christie > Turner > Headey).

I don’t know why I’m surprised, though. Considering a few months back most of the users here were trying to convince us Glenn Close had an Oscar-worthy performance in The Wife.

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Queen. https://www.instagram.com/p/ByQYLjJJXAw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link HTGAWM has submitted these three episodes to voters: #505 “It Was the Worst Day of My Life” #509 “He Betrayed Us Both” #513 “Where Are Your Parents?” That is incredibly smart. 5 is Turman’s submission, 9 Davis’, and 13 Tyson’s. Very smart, even if doesn’t really matter.

Goddess Viola Davis truly deserves a nom this year

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Heady lost the Emmy boat last year. Even getting her out of the list of nominees is not unthinkable because she doesn’t have the material to justify the nod, let alone a win, as hurtful as that sound.

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Succession, Bodyguard. Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke, Drama Lead Actor: Richard Madden, Jeremy Strong. Limited Series: Chernobyl

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG. Y’all are so biased, it is disturbing as fuck. If someone doesn’t give an award-worthy performance in the 12-month eligibility period, then they don’t deserve the award it is simple as that. Overdue awards are bullshit, and they take away all the enjoyment of an awards show. Lena Headey does NOT deserve to win an Emmy based on her season 8 material, if she wanted to win an Emmy she should have fought with the producers to have her character be in 1 less episode and be eligible for the Guest Actress Emmy. Cause based on this season alone she has the worst material from the Supporting Actress contenders of GOT (Williams > Christie > Turner > Headey).

I don’t know why I’m surprised, though. Considering a few months back most of the users here were trying to convince us Glenn Close had an Oscar-worthy performance in The Wife.

I am biased and PROUD of it so POUND sand.

Most of the other potential contenders are nothing special and not that worthy of a win. And the voters have done it before for Mendelhson and Martindale.

Also, Doris Roberts and Alfre Woodard won Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for 1 episode guest turns in 20 episode plus seasons of St. Elsewhere and HillStreet Blues. So talk to the hand!

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

Watching Seehorn lose to any of these other women is going to hurt.

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else think that Elizabeth Olsen has a chance in Actress for Drama? Reviews had been good for her and I think she could be a last minute sneak attack in the race, especially now she’s in the public eye for Endgame.

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams, Mahershala Ali, and Jason Bateman.

Oscars 2020: I stan Amy Adams, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean Deblois, and John Powell.

TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else think that Elizabeth Olsen has a chance in Actress for Drama? Reviews had been good for her and I think she could be a last minute sneak attack in the race, especially now she’s in the public eye for Endgame.

Being on Facebook Watch hurts her and the show’s chances. Not many people have seen the show.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Goddess Viola Davis truly deserves a nom this year

Her celebrating her nom: (before people attack me, I am kidding obviously)

But in all seriousness: the least we can do is vote for her in the Gold Derby Awards. Same for Tyson and Turman.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Olsen has no chance, though she is very good.

Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

Can someone tell me the rules for submitting in Cinematography? Can one DP submit two episodes of the same show or like in directing they must select only one?

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.