Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Rachel
ginnala
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

Killing Eve won’t get nominated. Season 2 couldn’t be more forgettable, even more so when compared to the brilliance of Season 1.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Killing Eve won’t get nominated. Season 2 couldn’t be more forgettable, even more so when compared to the brilliance of Season 1.

Sure it will. It already got actress and writing last year with less buzz. The season might be forgettable but it just aired, the voters will remember it for nominations.
    One thing that seems to be totally forgettable is homecoming.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

Sure it will. It already got actress and writing last year with less buzz. The season might be forgettable but it just aired, the voters will remember it for nominations. One thing that seems to be totally forgettable is homecoming.

Agreed. I really don’t understand the Homecoming predictions. Buzz came and went at the time of its release last year. Since then, there is only been negative headlines, because pretty much everyone involved in making this show is jumping ship. And yes, the show itself is also very forgettable, I could barely get through half of it before giving up.

Pose and Killing Eve are definitely ahead of it since they have their second season airing just before voting (thus increasing buzz) and both have stellar reviews. Bodyguard is also ahead. There might not be another season for a while but the buzz from season 1 is STILL going strong and it’s been a ratings / critical hit.

All of this is even without mentioning the high visibility of Porter, Oh and Madden in recent weeks, all of whom I am predicting for a nomination. For the record, I am predicting Roberts too, but mostly due to namecheck. It doesn’t seem like she cares all that much.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t really know what to do with Julia Roberts. I keep adding her/removing her.

I know it could sound delusional but I have Sarah Paulson nominated, she seems to be liked by the industry (surprise nomination last year), she played a character for which she was nominated a few years ago, and AHS is actually doing some FYC events and campaigning.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve removed Homecoming, Roberts and Cannavale from my Predictions.

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

Anonymous
    Topics:

I don’t really know what to do with Julia Roberts. I keep adding her/removing her.

I know it could sound delusional but I have Sarah Paulson nominated, she seems to be liked by the industry (surprise nomination last year), she played a character for which she was nominated a few years ago, and AHS is actually doing some FYC events and campaigning.

I wouldn’t exactly call it a surprise nom. It was a solid performance getting in in a weak year. She wasn’t winning, but still.
    As of Roberts or whoever is struggling for that #6 spot, I think the only viable surprise nominee-replacement would be Viola Davis. The Academy couldn’t care less about The Good Fight as of Baranski and they’d rather burn down the Microsoft Theater than nominate Mandy Moore. Davis was snubbed last year, yes, but she got in for Guest Actress. So, basically, she wasn’t ultimately snubbed. This year the competition for Drama Actress is nothing compared to last year’s so if someone other than the top 6 contenders rn in the predix center is to sneak in, I think it’s Davis. Unless they’ve watched The Deuce.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

It already got actress and writing last year with less buzz.

I feel Killing Eve was more talked about last season. The little buzz the show has got for this season has been for Comer alone.

gaboca
    Participant
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, what is the biggest deciding factor (if there is a such a thing) at the Emmys for nominations and/or wins: name-checking, buzz, or the performer who is actually the most deserving?

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

While I’m not predicting Homecoming, I think this forum has gone so far the other way that it’s now underestimating its chances. It’s a prestige project with an Emmy-favourite at the helm and an Oscar winner as its face. It got better reviews than you give it credit for, especially for Roberts who was much better than this year’s favourite Oh (although that performance has obviously already proven its industry support), and will be Amazon’s main push. I would not be surprised at all to see it get Series, Roberts, Cannavale, directing and maybe scrape Chau or writing.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Ok but how is Sam Esmail an Emmy favorite? He didn’t even get in for directing Mr. Robot.

Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

Can someone tell me the rules for submitting in Cinematography? Can one DP submit two episodes of the same show or like in directing they must select only one?

Anyone?

Anonymous
    Topics:

Anyone?

They can submit multiple, yes.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok but how is Sam Esmail an Emmy favorite? He didn’t even get in for directing Mr. Robot.

That was an exaggeration (I was just being contrarian), but he did get series and writing so he has definitely demonstrated his support to a greater extent than some of the contenders people are casually calling ‘locks’.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

That was an exaggeration (I was just being contrarian), but he did get series and writing so he has definitely demonstrated his support to a greater extent than some of the contenders people are casually calling ‘locks’.

That’s true. But I agree that Homecoming’s buzz is pretty much non-existent. The fact that it hasn’t won anything thus far is pretty indicative

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s true. But I agree that Homecoming’s buzz is pretty much non-existent. The fact that it hasn’t won anything thus far is pretty indicative

I agree, like I said I’m not predicting it, but not disregarding it altogether.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.