Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 503 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Rachel
ginnala
  • zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

HAHAHAAHAHA Emma Roberts is winning Supporting Actres for AHS Apocalypse. She outacted Lena Headey ten thousand times. Eat it.

It’s comments like these that make me worry about the damage AHS will leave on people’s psyches…I think it’s brainwashing people to be stupid

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

HAHAHAHAHAHA she’s getting the nod over every GOT lady. Madison Montgomery is more iconic than Lena Headey’s Cersei, Maisie Williams’ Arya and Sophie Turner’s Sansa will ever be. EAT IIIIT.

I know that D&D have been trying to subvert our expectations this season but this…maybe some people were subverted a bit too much.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

I know that D&D have been trying to subvert our expectations this season but this…some people’s expectations were subverted a bit too much.

The fact that it keeps repeating “EAT IIIIIIIIT” lol. Mental illness is not to be taken lightly; someone is lonely and needs our attention

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones worthy episodes (my opinion)

Supporting Actress:
    Gwendoline Christie (Episode 2/4)
    Maisie Williams (Episode 2/5)
    Lena Headey (Episode 5)

Supporting Actor:
    Peter Dinklage (Episodes 2/6)
    Nikolas Coster-Waldau (Episode 2/5)

Lead Actress:
    Emilia Clarke (Episode 4/6)

Writing:
    Episode 3 & 4

Directing:
    Episode 3

Drama Series:
    Episode 3

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Coming off the finale, the one person I’m genuinely rooting for is Emilia Clarke (and Nikolaj to a lesser extent). Lena was great with what limited material she got and Maisie more than delivered in her arc but I think they are more likely to split the vote than not. Sophie was fine but not Emmy worthy. Peter…. Sigh, Peter is a great actor but compared to what I’ve seen him do with this role, his acting this year was just fine. It’s that weird place where his performance is good but you know it’s no where near his best so I’m not eager to see him pick a third trophy for it,though I know it is happening (prayer circle for Nikolaj?). Harington should not even get a nod. Bar a couple scenes, he was abysmal and I will break something if he gets the nod over vastly more deserving actors.

IMO Dinklage was his best since season 4 in The Bells. He was also pretty good in ep 4. I mean, I think he deserved it for S7 for the finale, but for S8 he deserved to win much ore.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

HAHAHAAHAHA Emma Roberts is winning Supporting Actres for AHS Apocalypse. She outacted Lena Headey ten thousand times. Eat it.

I don’t watch Game of Thrones, and even I know how silly this is. It only takes seeing a couple short clips of Cersei to know that Headey is a queen who COMPLETELY deserves that Emmy. All hail Lena.

Lena Laughing Gif

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s be honest Supporting Actress is wide open.

Also, now that it’s a popular vote, the seasons and the material matter less. No one can tell me Ben Mendelsohn and Margo Martindale won on their seasons work. It was the whole narrative and arc of their entire time on their shows compared to their competition. And many others have probably won due to that in this new system even if other factors played a role.

I hope voters who vote in this category consider who truly deserves an Emmy for their character based on the entire work they have done for their series. That is Headey’s best shot.

I just don’t get the Julie Garner thing. She was…fine? But a win? Seems odd. Is it all due to the surprise SAG nomination? I just don’t get it.

Quite frankly until we see the final 6 we have no idea how this plays out. Headey, Williams, and Garner the only locks. Than it’s a free for all for the final 3 slots. Turner’s inclusion could doom both Headey and Williams. I hope the voters snub her. She really doesn’t deserve a nomination.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Andrea.
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Andrea.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Julia Garner winning is a perfect storm of a variety of factors. First of all, the Game of Thrones actresses will split and Garner is the only other contender in the category that we can even be sure will be nominated. That alone makes her the frontrunner. That status becomes solidified with the mixed reception to Game of Thrones and the inexplicably positive industry reception to Ozark. Then there is how the new voting system has been kind to breakout performances, like Darren Criss, Riz Ahmed, Rami Malek and Tatiana Maslany. Like Rachel Brosnahan, Garner has built up a résumé better than should theoretically be possible at her age. In 2018 alone, she appeared in The Americans, Dirty John, Maniac Ozark and Waco. To recap, her competitors have issues, her show is strong and she herself is individually strong.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think if Keeley Hawes is nominated she can pull off a win.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am actively rooting against David and Dan.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I am actively rooting against David and Dan.

We all need to mobilise with one writing competitor to stop David and Dan. Who shall it be?

FYC GD Decade Awards : The Good Wife, The Crown and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel in all categories

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

We all need to mobilise with one writing competitor to stop David and Dan. Who shall it be?

Fogelman and/or O’Brien

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I want The Handmaid’s Tale, and I know I am the only one, so I don’t know. Please no to Killing Eve and Ozark, too. Maybe Bodyguard?

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Ew, I forgot THT is eligible for its atrocious final 3 episodes. Well, at least their finale wasn’t as embarrassing as GoT’s, but ofc one is a season finale and the other is a series one.

They submitted Holly, not The Word for writing.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.