Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 487 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue your discussions of the drama categories in Part 4.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Can someone tell me the rules for submitting in Cinematography? Can one DP submit two episodes of the same show or like in directing they must select only one?

They can submit multiple, yes.

No, they cannot.  Every category has the rule that you can only submit once per show.  Fabian Wagner cannot submit both “The Long Night” and “The Bells”, just like Diana Rigg could not submit both “Stormborn” and “The Queen’s Justice” last year.

There are two caveats.  The first is that directing has an additional rule that you can only submit one show per category.  Beth McCarthy-Miller directed both Veep and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (and others) this year, so she has to choose between them.  The other caveat is that you can tag along on someone else’s submission.  Using Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt again, Robert Carlock co-wrote the series finale, so he could submit that.  But he also co-wrote the “Sliding Van Doors” episode and one of his co-writers could submit that.  So Carlock would be abiding by the rules with the entrance paperwork for only one episode being filled out on his behalf, but he could receive two nominations for writing the same show.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

No, they cannot. Every category has the rule that you can only submit once per show. Fabian Wagner cannot submit both “The Long Night” and “The Bells”, just like Diana Rigg could not submit both “Stormborn” and “The Queen’s Justice” last year. There are two caveats. The first is that directing has an additional rule that you can only submit one show per category. Beth McCarthy-Miller directed both Veep and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (and others) this year, so she has to choose between them. The other caveat is that you can tag along on someone else’s submission. Using Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt again, Robert Carlock co-wrote the series finale, so he could submit that. But he also co-wrote the “Sliding Van Doors” episode and one of his co-writers could submit that. So Carlock would be abiding by the rules with the entrance paperwork for only one episode being filled out on his behalf, but he could receive two nominations for writing the same show.

Are you sure?! Because last year Ramin Djawadi was nominated twice in the same category (original music). One for Game of Thrones (won for it) and one for Westworld.

dosmax
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you sure?! Because last year Ramin Djawadi was nominated twice in the same category (original music). One for Game of Thrones (won for it) and one for Westworld.

Riley said the first caveat was for directing needing to be different series. When he mentioned writing, the submissions were from the same series. Music Composition (and I’m guessing most categories) is more likely the latter, where Djawadi could submit and be nominated for multiple series, but not multiple episodes from the same series.

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Riley said the first caveat was for directing needing to be different series. When he mentioned writing, the submissions were from the same series. Music Composition (and I’m guessing most categories) is more likely the latter, where Djawadi could submit and be nominated for multiple series, but not multiple episodes from the same series.

Oh Okay. Sorry…

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

So, are we not going to talk about how the clip that Facebook put in their FYC ad on here for Elizabeth Olsen that is the epitome of Emmy-worthy (as well as Oscar-worthy)?

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    hats-off
    Participant
    Topics:

There are two caveats. The first is that directing has an additional rule that you can only submit one show per category. Beth McCarthy-Miller directed both Veep and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (and others) this year, so she has to choose between them. The other caveat is that you can tag along on someone else’s submission. Using Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt again, Robert Carlock co-wrote the series finale, so he could submit that. But he also co-wrote the “Sliding Van Doors” episode and one of his co-writers could submit that. So Carlock would be abiding by the rules with the entrance paperwork for only one episode being filled out on his behalf, but he could receive two nominations for writing the same show.

So if Bill Hader submits the paperwork for Ronny/Lily and Alex Berg submits the paperwork for the Barry Season 2 finale, could there hypothetically be two writing nominations for an identical duo of Harder and Berg?

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I just saw that Killing Eve S2 has a score of 87 on metacritic. I know critics are not Emmy voters but still. I think people here are massively overthinking that s2 was poorly received.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

That score is based on advance reviews for the season that critics wrote after screening the first two episodes.

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that we are in June, I thought it would be interesting to check which are the 10 candidates most voted by the users in each category, right now:

Drama Series

1. Game of Thrones – 1991
    2. Kiling Eve – 1871
    3. This is Us – 1734
    4. Better Call Saul – 1666
    5. Ozark – 1617
    6. Homecoming – 1293
    7. Pose – 833
    8. Succession – 831
    9. Bodyguard – 674
    10. The Good Doctor – 140

Actor

1. Jason Bateman – Ozark – 1808
    2. Sterling K. Brown – This is Us – 1789
    3. Bob Odenkirk – Better Call Saul – 1710
    4. Richard Madden – Bodyguard – 1629
    5. Kit Harington – Game of Thrones – 1322
    6. Milo Ventimiglia – This is Us – 1167
    7. Billy Porter – Pose – 935
    8. Brian Cox – Succession – 324
    9. Freddie Highmore – The Good Doctor – 164
    10. Stephen James – Homecoming – 152

Actress

1. Sandra Oh – Killing Eve – 1942
    2. Julia Roberts – Homecoming – 1776
    3. Laura Linney – Ozark – 1704
    4. Emilia Clarke – Game of Thrones – 1625
    5. Jodie Corner – Killing Eve – 1599
    6. Robin Wright – House of Cards – 1022
    7. Christine Baranski – The Good Fight – 601
    8. Mandy Moore – This is Us – 281
    9. Viola Davis – How to Get Away With Murder – 207
    10. MJ Rodrigues – Pose – 179

Supp. Actor

1. Peter Dinklage – Game of Thrones – 1888
    2. Jonathan Banks – Better Call Saul – 1704
    3. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau – Game of Thrones – 1695
    4. Bobby Cannavale – Homecoming – 1559
    5. Kieran Culkin – Succession – 1408
    6. Michael Kelly – House of Cards – 918
    7. Justin Hartley – This is Us – 501
    8. Peter Mullan – Ozark – 350
    9. Giancarlo Esposito – Better Call Saul – 273
    10. Shea Whigham – Homecoming – 214

Supp. Actress

1. Lena Headey – Game of Thrones – 1824
    2. Maisie Williams – Game of Thrones – 1705
    3. Julia Garner – Ozark – 1675
    4. Sophie Turner – Game of Thrones – 1391
    5. Rhea Seehorn – Better Call Saul – 1087
    6. Susan Kelechi Watson – This is Us – 1052
    7. Fiona Shaw – Killing Eve – 691
    8. Chrissy Metz – This is Us – 481
    9. Sissy Spacek – Homecoming – 188
    10. Keeley Hawes – Bodyguard – 155

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am starting to think that Davis is way too low in our odds.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve just realised that Phoebe Waller Bridge could get 4 nominations this year

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’ve just realised that Phoebe Waller Bridge could get 4 nominations this year

I’m not going to lie, I could see world where she gets 2 of those. I’m assuming they are for Killing Eve (Drama Series; executive producer) and Fleabag (Comedy Series, Writing, Comedy Actress).

I think Comedy Writing and Drama Series are her best shots. I actually have her in sixth for comedy actress, but I’m just having fun with my predictions, I will have to move her out at one point again.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.