Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 487 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/awards/emmys-2019-nomination-round-ballot-game-of-thrones-veep-1203236525/

I guess more mediocre dramas entered the Best Drama race because of the GoT backlash for its final season. I don’t understand how people don’t get that Game of Thrones has this one in the bag. Regardless of how people felt about the last season, the show has been a gift to television and they should and will be rewarded for their overall work.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/awards/emmys-2019-nomination-round-ballot-game-of-thrones-veep-1203236525/

I guess more mediocre dramas entered the Best Drama race because of the GoT backlash for its final season. I don’t understand how people don’t get that Game of Thrones has this one in the bag. Regardless of how people felt about the last season, the show has been a gift to television and they should and will be rewarded for their overall work.

They’ve already gotten 3 Best Drama Series Emmy. They have been rewarded enough and don’t deserve to be for this final season.

LScott
    Participant
    Topics:

This will be me if queen Lena Headey doesn’t win

I wouldn’t be surprised if she loses cause even though Lena Heady is a A+ actress and is overdue for one, it wasn’t her strongest season (and not due to her acting).  I feel the same way about Sandra Oh. The Academy should have given these women wins years ago and screwed them. The irony is they could both potentially lose to their costars who I think had better performances/material this year aka Maisie Williams and Jodie Comer.

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

They’ve already gotten 3 Best Drama Series Emmy. They have been rewarded enough and don’t deserve to be for this final season.

So what should win? a show nobody care about (Better Call Saul), the one prestige drama that is too dry to connect with the general public (Succession), the one that has been rejected by the Academy in not very subtle way (This Is Us), the one that is incredible mediocre and it gets worse when compare with shows with similar thematic (Ozark), the mediocre and wildly overrated one that has also been rejected by the Academy for its break out season (Killing Eve) or the Empire wanna be that is only worthy in Costume and nothing else (Pose)…the only show that is threat to GoT is Bodyguard and that is completely untested and even that has the feeling of being there done that by the Emmys.

Some people can have some issue with GoT because it didn’t fulfill their expectations or didn’t ended the way some fans convinced them-self the story should has come to a close. Everybody can has issues with how it ended but there’s not denying that compare with the competition Game of Thrones is in a league of its own. The best comparison for GoT is Titanic, a movie with real flaws in the writing department but that it was undeniable in any other aspect of its production.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I would like to know how Pose is an Empire wannabe when Empire is a modern soap opera with musics, twists and dramatics basically centered on who will own the family company (at least in the seasons I saw) while Pose is a drama exploring the lives and relationships of the LGBTQ community in the 80s. Or are you just comparing them because both shows are lead by black people?

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Gwendoline Christie was submitted for supporting as a self-submit. I think she’s got a good chance of taking Sophie Turner’s spot.

If she gets nominated I wouldn’t be shocked if she won, she has the best material in arguably the season’s best episode.

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I would like to know how Pose is an Empire wannabe when Empire is a modern soap opera with musics, twists and dramatics basically centered on who will own the family company (at least in the seasons I saw) while Pose is a drama exploring the lives and relationships of the LGBTQ community in the 80s. Or are you just comparing them because both shows are lead by black people?

I’m comparing their Emmy potential and artistic worth

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

So Alfie Allen still had too much screentime to be submitted as guest actor rather than supporting? He might have had a way better shot in the guest actor category. That’s too bad. Alfie Allen has been consistently overlooked and is so underrated for his performance as Theon.

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfie Allen appeared in 4 of the 6 episodes of the final season. To compete as a Guest, he should have appeared in two episodes at most.

Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

Pose just had a fantastic premiere that was packed with plot and performances. Spot on timing convinced me to predict Indya Moore, MJ Rodriguez, and Sandra Bernhard in addition to Billy Porter. Bernhard does not deserve a nomination, but the premiere could give her buzz, and the category is empty. She was fantastic.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Pose just had a fantastic premiere that was packed with plot and performances. Spot on timing convinced me to predict Indya Moore, MJ Rodriguez, and Sandra Bernhard in addition to Billy Porter. Bernhard does not deserve a nomination, but the premiere could give her buzz, and the category is empty. She was fantastic.

Billy Porter is DEFINITELY getting a nomination and so deservingly so. He is everywhere right now. I hope Pose gets the recognition it deserves.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Can someone tell me why the Handmaids Tale is submitting nominees for last years season? I’m confused.

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

The last three episodes of The Handmaid’s Tale S2 have been shown after the 2018 Emmy deadline, so they can only compete now in the Emmy 2019, and only in the categories of Guests, Directing, Writing and Creatives.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

Spot on timing convinced me to predict Indya Moore, MJ Rodriguez, and Sandra Bernhard in addition to Billy Porter. Bernhard does not deserve a nomination, but the premiere could give her buzz, and the category is empty. She was fantastic.

I don’t really get the logic behind that. Season 2 isn’t eligible for this year’s Emmys, so all noms will be based on Season 1 material.

MJ Rodriguez and Indya Moore are almost complete newcomers in a show featuring a large ensemble cast. Rodriguez is going up against at least 6-7 clear Lead Actresses with much higher name recognition as her and Moore has to go up against no less then 3 HBO / GoT and 2 Netflix actresses in her field. Bernhard was only Guest in Season 1 and I don’t really consider that category empty either.

I mean there is no denying that Pose season 2 airing now increases overall visibility for the show. I wouldn’t be surprised if it makes it into Series. I have Porter in my predictions, but even he is a stretch. He may be Lead in Season 2, but he wasn’t in Season 1, so I actually would have preferred him in Supporting.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

People still don’t understand the 50% rule, do they? As already properly explained above, you have to be in under 50% of the episodes, which doesn’t mean under 50% of the overall runtime. So anyone who appeared in less than 3 episodes of this final season is eligible in the guest categories.

In limited series, you have to be in more than 5% of the show (meaning runtime) to quality for the supporting categories.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.