Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 487 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh wow it felt so good slotting Alfie Allen into my predictions. It just felt right. I’ll probably take him out in two weeks though because there’s no justice in this world. not unless we make it!

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

So what should win? a show nobody care about (Better Call Saul), the one prestige drama that is too dry to connect with the general public (Succession), the one that has been rejected by the Academy in not very subtle way (This Is Us), the one that is incredible mediocre and it gets worse when compare with shows with similar thematic (Ozark), the mediocre and wildly overrated one that has also been rejected by the Academy for its break out season (Killing Eve) or the Empire wanna be that is only worthy in Costume and nothing else (Pose)…the only show that is threat to GoT is Bodyguard and that is completely untested and even that has the feeling of being there done that by the Emmys. Some people can have some issue with GoT because it didn’t fulfill their expectations or didn’t ended the way some fans convinced them-self the story should has come to a close. Everybody can has issues with how it ended but there’s not denying that compare with the competition Game of Thrones is in a league of its own.

Game of Thrones delivered a season that earned mixed reviews.  There need be no further justification for it losing Outstanding Drama Series in the peak television era.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

GoT producers don’t even need to attend this year’s Emmys, cause they are winning.

We usually say that people should not attend a ceremony because they have no chance and thus will not be giving a speech on stage, but you are saying that even the winners should not attend, so who should?

Anonymous
    Topics:
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

Gach, I cannot imagine going to bat for that shitty show. Just say you enjoy watching dragons blow stuff up and move on…

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Last years’ main ceremony winners really surprised me not because I considered them as out of nowhere but it actually showed that voters pay attention. Such as, lead acting winners in drama and Bill Hader over Donald Glover. Therefore, Game of Thrones might lose this time.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Succession is struggling acting nominations wise

How do you know… it hasn’t been tested yet.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Kay.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Kay.
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

So what should win? a show nobody care about (Better Call Saul), the one prestige drama that is too dry to connect with the general public (Succession), the one that has been rejected by the Academy in not very subtle way (This Is Us), the one that is incredible mediocre and it gets worse when compare with shows with similar thematic (Ozark), the mediocre and wildly overrated one that has also been rejected by the Academy for its break out season (Killing Eve) or the Empire wanna be that is only worthy in Costume and nothing else (Pose)

Your argument is muddled between what should vs what could. You make claims as to why BCS and Succession COULDN’T beat Game of Thrones due to their apparent buzz and subject matter, and that may be true, but that’s doesn’t mean they SHOULDN’T, and they both should.

Last Oscar season, Bohemian Rhapsody had more buzz and was a more obvious Best Picture nominee than superior movies like Widows or Eighth Grade. This is why everyone assumed and predicted Bohemian COULD be a BP nominee and not the other two, not that it SHOULD.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Tyler.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Tyler.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Riley Chow.
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

I was not referencing your posts, friend; you have indeed made it clear these past few months where your thoughts on quality end and where your predictions begin.

As a final retort, however, I’ll add: if we can have entire threads dedicated to fans’ love for their favorite shows, I think there is at least an iota of space for those same shows’ critics. Your idea of Game of Thrones criticism may be “in general, the show has been a phenomenon on a cultural level, but, sure, there were a couple of seasons that were not good.” My criticism is just as fair, if more critical of the whole mass. What was it you said? “…don’t cry for attention, move on…”

Anonymous
    Topics:
    jonny
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones will probably win because it is the biggest show in the world but The Bodyguard, Better Call Saul and Killing Eve should win because they had far superior seasons this year

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I accidentally deleted my previous comment, and I’m too lazy to try and recall what I wrote, sorry.

I have revived it, so feel free to edit out what you repeated.  I am always here to do the same for anyone who accidentally deletes a post.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.