Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 423 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
15 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I accidentally deleted my previous comment, and I’m too lazy to try and recall what I wrote, sorry.

I have revived it, so feel free to edit out what you repeated.  I am always here to do the same for anyone who accidentally deletes a post.

ReplyCopy URL
    Саша
    Participant
    Topics:

Last years’ main ceremony winners really surprised me not because I considered them as out of nowhere but it actually showed that voters pay attention. Such as, lead acting winners in drama and Bill Hader over Donald Glover. Therefore, Game of Thrones might lose this time.

Yup. That’s why I’m predicting Comer to win if she gets nominated. But cannot decide about actor. It’s not gonna be Bateman that’s for sure. It’s gonna be either Madden or Odenkirk. Or Strong if Succession hits big.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Your argument is muddled between what should vs what could. You make claims as to why BCS and Succession COULDN’T beat Game of Thrones due to their apparent buzz and subject matter, and that may be true, but that’s doesn’t mean they SHOULDN’T, and they both should.

Last Oscar season, Bohemian Rhapsody had more buzz and was a more obvious Best Picture nominee than superior movies like Widows or Eighth Grade. This is why everyone assumed and predicted Bohemian COULD be a BP nominee and not the other two, not that it SHOULD.

Let me clarify that…. In not way shape or form i consider Season 8 to be a bad season, it is a phenomenal and remarkable piece of TV. That doesn’t mean that i don’t have any issue with the whole product, I have as i had last year with the six episode.

People who never liked the show are being very loud but that’s not completely new… Way too many people has complained about everything without any reason and the best example is episode three because “they couldn’t see anything” it most be the fault of the DP and not of the shitty TV device of some watchers. Some complain about the pace but this is a recurrent complain that goes way back to the pilot episode because some still want the show to be like any boring regular show that has being brought to TV…. some complained about that plots move to fast, well it is the ending there’s no time to take two seasons wandering between King’s Landing and Winterfell, it is not too much to expect that the audience use the brain once in a while to assume that between scenes some time has past (S7 E6 notwithstanding). Another thing is that some people has being complained about some actions from certain character that has being characterized as out of nowhere and only people who watch GoT without seeing it could say that the liberation of King’s Landing come out of nowhere.

On this last point I do have a complain and it is that the writers didn’t gave Dany the opportunity of explain herself, also there’s some layers of the character that has been lost for the writers maybe because of the popularity of the show and some PC mentality has taken over HBO and the producers of GoT. The Targaryens are created by GRRM in the mold of the Egyptians and the Dothraky as the Mongols so the actions of these two groups could be perceived as barbaric in some instance but that is the source of inspiration that GRRM choose for his main character and when Daenerys said that she would waste armies and turn cities to dust she wasn’t bluffing, it was her nature and that doesn’t turn her into a war criminal, GoT is supposed to be a medieval story and in medieval times the defeated armies were destroyed and the cities wiped out of the face of the earth, heck even the Bible describe the destruction of Canaan by the good guys. Daenerys did nothing wrong. Another issue I have is that three times in the seasons finale is said that the People (and one fan service character) don’t get to choose but it is only bad when Dany said?.

But to the point, I think that not only is Game of Thrones going to win Drama Series but it is a deserving winner…I love Bodyguard and Succession and I think are the only too worthy contenders but I don’t believe any of those is winning…Game of Thrones has some issues with some moments in the writing department but that don’t get to annulled the overall story, it is still the best directed program in TV, it is a spectacle, it is a monumental achievement of entertainment and from make up to acting, to set design to visual effects is an unimpeachable product.

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Succession, Bodyguard. Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke, Drama Lead Actor: Richard Madden, Jeremy Strong. Limited Series: Chernobyl

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

GoT producers don’t even need to attend this year’s Emmys, cause they are winning. Period. The show changed TV forever. It’s unbelievably popular around the globe, they’re gonna reward it one last time. It won last year for another mediocre season (not as bad as S8 but still), it’s winning again this year as the competition is simply not there. Abstaining from the criterion of quality, no other show will be popular enough to pull off a win. And for another show to win they 99% need to win an acting category as well: Madden is probably winning, but I doubt Bodyguard will come through for the top prize, Succession is struggling acting nominations wise, they never cared for Better Call Saul enough to give it a win in any secondary major categories in the past when it was the best of its category, why would they do it now, Peter Dinklage is a lock (his win further secures GoT’s top prize win), Killing Eve is NOT winning even if Comer and Oh tie for Best Actress, and Ozark wasn’t as good as S1 and it’s not a frontrunner to win directing or writing, Garner’s potential win won’t be enough.

I also think there was a good point in the youtube drama prediction video Goldderby did. Half of the voters will vote for Game of Thrones and the other half that didn’t like it will split the vote between shows. Like what happened last year. Game of Thrones is winning for sure and I don’t understand how this is still debated.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Rachel.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Rachel.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Yup. That’s why I’m predicting Comer to win if she gets nominated. But cannot decide about actor. It’s not gonna be Bateman that’s for sure. It’s gonna be either Madden or Odenkirk. Or Strong if Succession hits big.

Just because voters are paying attention doesn’t mean Comer will win. Comer will most likely split the vote with Sandra Oh and Emilia Clarke or Laura Linney will get the award.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Let me clarify that…. In not way shape or form i consider Season 8 to be a bad season, it is a phenomenal and remarkable piece of TV. That doesn’t mean that i don’t have any issue with the whole product, I have as i had last year with the six episode. People who never liked the show are being very loud but that’s not completely new… Way too many people has complained about everything without any reason and the best example is episode three because “they couldn’t see anything” it most be the fault of the DP and not of the shitty TV device of some watchers. Some complain about the pace but this is a recurrent complain that goes way back to the pilot episode because some still want the show to be like any boring regular show that has being brought to TV…. some complained about that plots move to fast, well it is the ending there’s no time to take two seasons wandering between King’s Landing and Winterfell, it is not too much to expect that the audience use the brain once in a while to assume that between scenes some time has past (S7 E6 notwithstanding). Another thing is that some people has being complained about some actions from certain character that has being characterized as out of nowhere and only people who watch GoT without seeing it could say that the liberation of King’s Landing come out of nowhere. On this last point I do have a complain and it is that the writers didn’t gave Dany the opportunity of explain herself, also there’s some layers of the character that has been lost for the writers maybe because of the popularity of the show and some PC mentality has taken over HBO and the producers of GoT. The Targaryens are created by GRRM in the mold of the Egyptians and the Dothraky as the Mongols so the actions of these two groups could be perceived as barbaric in some instance but that is the source of inspiration that GRRM choose for his main character and when Daenerys said that she would waste armies and turn cities to dust she wasn’t bluffing, it was her nature and that doesn’t turn her into a war criminal, GoT is supposed to be a medieval story and in medieval times the defeated armies were destroyed and the cities wiped out of the face of the earth, heck even the Bible describe the destruction of Canaan by the good guys. Daenerys did nothing wrong. Another issue I have is that three times in the seasons finale is said that the People (and one fan service character) don’t get to choose but it is only bad when Dany said?. But to the point, I think that not only is Game of Thrones going to win Drama Series but it is a deserving winner…I love Bodyguard and Succession and I think are the only too worthy contenders but I don’t believe any of those is winning…Game of Thrones has some issues with some moments in the writing department but that don’t get to annulled the overall story, it is still the best directed program in TV, it is a spectacle, it is a monumental achievement of entertainment and from make up to acting, to set design to visual effects is an unimpeachable product.

Well done!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix really really should have tried to have gotten The Crown out by the deadline. They would have had lead actress, supporting actress, and writing locked, and they would have had a really good chance at drama series too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I predict that Pose will get more nominations than expected. There are people already talking about how if the show gets an acting nomination for MJ Rodriguez, Indya Moore, or Dominique Jackson, or for all, that it will be historic for the LGBT community. Emmy voters love that and it also brings more diversity into the nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I predict that Pose will get more nominations than expected. There are people already talking about how if the show gets an acting nomination for MJ Rodriguez, Indya Moore, or Dominique Jackson, or for all, that it will be historic for the LGBT community. Emmy voters love that and it also brings more diversity into the nominees.

I think it’s getting Series, Actor, Guest Actress, Writing and maybe Guest Actor (and some things like Costumes). I guess Indya Moore is possible in supporting but I’m not predicting it at the moment.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  ginnala.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by  ginnala.
    ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

You know what, I dare to say that if Indya Moore is nominated, she is winning. GoT ladies will split votes and I never bought Julia Garner. Indya would have the narrative.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones will probably win because it is the biggest show in the world but The Bodyguard, Better Call Saul and Killing Eve should win because they had far superior seasons this year

*Bodyguard

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Michael Sheen ("The Good Fight") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Keeley Hawes ("Bodyguard") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "The Good Fight" and "Killing Eve" in all eligible categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

*Bodyguard

This annoys me a lot too. People need to stop adding ‘the’ wherever there’s not supposed to be a ‘the’.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I have revived it, so feel free to edit out what you repeated. I am always here to do the same for anyone who accidentally deletes a post.

Lol I deleted my post about Alfie Allen. It was mistakenly posted in the ‘Guest Acting’ thread, so I wanted to copy and paste it here (while deleting it from there) but I realised I hadn’t copied it before I deleted it… I was lazy to type it out again, but if you can revive it, I would appreciate it.

Game of Thrones will probably win because it is the biggest show in the world but The Bodyguard, Better Call Saul and Killing Eve should win because they had far superior seasons this year

I’m pretty sure every show in the top 10  at least had a better season than Game of Thrones. I haven’t seen all 10 but I doubt anything was as ridiculous as Thrones.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

You know what, I dare to say that if Indya Moore is nominated, she is winning. GoT ladies will split votes and I never bought Julia Garner. Indya would have the narrative.

I put her in my predictions but in like 6th. I really hope she gets nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    LScott
    Participant
    Topics:

Comer truly had the better performance between her and Sandra this year. If Sandra wins this year, I’m convinced it is more out of them screwing her in the past than her having the best performance cause Comer was the standout.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 423 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.