Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 487 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • 24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Call me crazy, but this is my current supp. actress lineup:

1. Julia Garner (Ozark)
    2. Lena Headey (GOT)
    3. Maisie Williams (GOT)
    4. Rhea Seehorn (BCS)
    5. Gwendoline Christie (GOT)
    6. Janet McTeer (Ozark)

I have replaced Turner with Christie, because the latter not only had a lot to do this season, but she’s also the first GOT actress on the ballot. And quite frankly, she was one of the standouts this season and could win under a tape system with 8.02 and 8.04. McTeer is a wild card, but she’s very well known, and she’s on Ozark, which will explode.

I think Janet McTeer is a darkhorse contender to be nominated! She’s a well-respected actress (2-time Academy Award-nominated, Tony winning, and former Emmy nominee!) in a killer role (literally). I think if voters watched Ozark this season they will vote for her. Her only negative is that she was more of a guest actress this season (but was featured in too many episodes to be considered for that category).

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Who says that half of the voters will vote for Game of Thrones? I doubt that that even happened last year.

Really? I 100% think that’s what happened last year. GoT was off for a year and while it was decently received it still had some criticism due to the pacing. The show hasn’t been the same since season 6. Say what you want but I firmly believe that people either voted for GoT and the rest split the vote. I think the same will happen this year. What will take its place? What will get enough votes to win? The competition is just not strong enough this year.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

Could This is Us be snubbed in Series?

I am still facing the ongoing dilemma of who will take the last spot in my predictions – Succession or Pose? Honestly, I think there are very good arguments for both and I just don’t see any passion whatsoever for This is Us. 

Thinking of changing my lineup to this:

• GoT
    • Better Call Saul
    • Ozark
    • Bodyguard
    • Killing Eve
    • Succession
    • Pose

I also think one of Ventimiglia and Brown may be replaced by Brian Cox.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Really? I 100% think that’s what happened last year. GoT was off for a year and while it was decently received it still had some criticism due to the pacing. The show hasn’t been the same since season 6. Say what you want but I firmly believe that people either voted for GoT and the rest split the vote. I think the same will happen this year. What will take its place? What will get enough votes to win? The competition is just not strong enough this year.

Also, last year had a much stronger competition.

GoT’s last season perhaps wasn’t perfect and not exactly what people expected but in my honest opinion it is actually better than any of the other shows competing this year. It’s not like the Crown or Westworld are competing. I hope Academy members will share the same sentiment, besides the huge factor that, as mentioned before, this show changed the landscape of TV forever and it gets extra points for deserving a Best Drama win for it’s final season- legacy considerations

Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG Ensemble winner being at least nominated for the series category at the Emmys the following year stat looks solid-aside from OITNB, which had the category discrepancy. I’ll keep TIU in my predictions for now.

I personally think Pose is the type of show that could explode in acting nominations without having a mainstream appeal to get in to Series category.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Pose s2 premiere was a great episode for Indya Moore. I’m tempted to add her. I know it’s season 1 that is in competition right now, but don’t tell me that voters who cares about the show won’t pay attention to s2 and it won’t influence their voting.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Pose s2 premiere was a great episode for Indya Moore. I’m tempted to add her. I know it’s season 1 that’s is in competition right now, but don’t tell me that voters who cares about the show won’t pay attention to s2 and it won’t influence their voting.

Yay! I added her. I think that the word of mouth it’s getting will definitely help out. And deservingly so! 🙂

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I finally found the time to return to those forums and I am perplexed to see that GoT delusional fans are even more delusional than before.

So, last year, I was the first, and one of the few people here, that tried to make understand the rest of you that the backlash of GoT season 7 is enormous and much bigger than the one towards the second season of THT in the real world, tried to explain you how important are Facebook and YouTube fans for a show, however, I only received mocking and laughs.

Well, now we all saw how right I was about it. Although, even I was not able to foreseen the biggest backlash in TV or cinema history. That was due to the fact that I was not able to imagine how bad writers can D&D really be. And I love GoT, I was even partially defending this season during the first 5 episodes, but the last episode is so horribly written that it should be illegal.

Last year, the Emmys were also seeing this quality decay, they obviously liked The Americans (won screenplay versus GoT), The Handmaid’s Tale (won guest actress and editing versus GoT), Westworld (won supporting actress versus GoT) and The Crown (won directing versus GoT) much more, but those shows divided the votes and somehow GoT managed to win Best Drama as the only important win for season 7. GoT was also snubbed in Lead Actor, Lead Actress and Cinematography. Dinklage wins and huge love towards him walking around and saying bad jokes will forever remain a mystery, so his win does not count. It is obvious that the Emmys are done with the show, maybe it will win Best Drama if again all other shows cancel each other, but nothing else (again, it goes without saying, Dinklage is always a possibility, I just hope that he will select a different episode than the finale in which he has the worst written and acted monologue in TV’s history).

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

The season 8 backlash, still, doesn’t indicate anything about the seventh season. And also, the “biggest backlash in TV history” is directly due to the fact its the most popular TV show in TV history, which might actually help it win since we are talking about professional industry people and not bitter teenage keyboard warriors.

Also, it’s true they spread the wealth more last year, but GoT still win a dazzling 9 wins. The competition was much stiffer than now, and while they still probably lost in Writing and perhaps even directing, GoT is still better than all it’s alternatives if you look at the bigger picture. Again, Twitter teenagers aside.

Dinklage wins and huge love towards him walking around and saying bad jokes will forever remain a mystery, so his win does not count.

This might be the best quote from this stupid rant. Dinklage is a brilliant actor and if you don’t see why you can’t say his win “doesn’t count”. The fact he is holding a record in that category indeed very much counts

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Dvir B.A..
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Dvir B.A..
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

The season 8 backlash, still, doesn’t indicate anything about the seventh season. And also, the “biggest backlash in TV history” is directly due to the fact its the most popular TV show in TV history, which might actually help it win since we are talking about professional industry people and not bitter teenage keyboard warriors.

Omg stop acting like people who hated this last season are only internet trolls. Season 8 (and the show in general) was already called out by the industry for its treatment of women. Hollywood professionals won’t straight up tweet “season 8 is garbage” because they care about their careers and don’t want to have HBO and D&D (because I’m sure a lot of actors want to be in a new Star Wars triology) as enemies but it does not mean they didn’t hate the season as much as random people online did.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Dinklage doesn’t deserve that record over Paul.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

My issue is just that you think that fifty percent voted for Game of Thrones last year because that would be a landslide, which does line up with how it lost Writing/Directing/Casting/Editing and was snubbed in Lead Actor/Lead Actress/Cinematography.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Pose s2 premiere was a great episode for Indya Moore. I’m tempted to add her. I know it’s season 1 that is in competition right now, but don’t tell me that voters who cares about the show won’t pay attention to s2 and it won’t influence their voting.

I literally added her back right after the first ball scene. She is everything!

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, it’s true they spread the wealth more last year, but GoT still win a dazzling 9 wins. The competition was much stiffer than now, and while they still probably lost in Writing and perhaps even directing, GoT is still better than all it’s alternatives if you look at the bigger picture. Again, Twitter teenagers aside.

OMG, you are not only delusional, you are also condescending in a really childish way. TWO MILLION people signed that petition, do you really think that all those people are “bitter teenage keyboard warriors”? This is pathetic argument. The backlash towards season 8 is related to season 7, because it grow bigger there (all began with season 5) and it was so obvious that it hurt my brain to read your comment denying it.

And no, the industry already showed that they agree with me on season 7, those 9 wins from last year were all irrelevant with the exception of Best Drama, it lost Writing/Directing/Casting/Editing/Supporting actress and was snubbed in Lead Actor/Lead Actress/Cinematography, I already explained Dinklage, you are so biased that you were not even reading carefully, I never said that he is a bad actor, I said that he has done nothing interesting since season 4 and this is almost an unanimous opinion.

And a HARD no to your argument about GoT being the best one in the bigger picture, GoT will be the worst nominee by far, and if the Writers Guild want to maintain their reputation of being the best branch, they should snub it, so D&D can finally realize how out of place they are.

And like others said, many industry people were public about how bad this season was, among them nice people like Lupita Nyong’o and Minnie Driver.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Sometimes this discussion thread is more entertaining than GOT S8.

I mean not that it matters because it’s just me, but as much as I disliked this season (if you don’t believe me, just watch one of the recaps I did with Riley & Matt), I would still probably vote for it. D&D screwed up this season, but that doesn’t mean everyone else did as well; in fact, the show was firing on all cylinders if you disregard the writing (the directing was so-so at times too). I also still have respect for how this show shaped and changed the TV landscape. I wonder if some voters feel the same.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.