Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 486 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Sometimes this discussion thread is more entertaining than GOT S8. I mean not that it matters because it’s just me, but as much as I disliked this season (if you don’t believe me, just watch one of the recaps I did with Riley & Matt), I would still probably vote for it. D&D screwed up this season, but that doesn’t mean everyone else did as well; in fact, the show was firing on all cylinders if you disregard the writing (the directing was so-so at times too). I also still have respect for how this show shaped and changed the TV landscape. I wonder if some voters feel the same.

HBO should probably hire us as writers for the GoT prequel!

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Dinklage doesn’t deserve that record over Paul.

PREACH

Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

But hasn’t it winning the series award 3 times been enough for solidfying GoT’s contribution to TV landscape? It is more than BrBa and The Sopranos have won. Sweeping the tech categories and possibly giving it a Directing win would be enough for rewarding the hardwork that went into making the show without declaring it as Best Drama again imo.

On a different note, I have always wondered how GoT would have fared if the Emmys never disqualified the tape system. It was doomed to get penalized for its weird pacing and disconnected storyline structure that would confuse the hell out of voters who would see the show for the first time, it might never would have won the Series award. Weirdly enough its chances would have increased with s8, seeing how straightforward and over-simplified this season has ended up being. Non-viewers would have no problem with Dany abruptly going mad, or The Night King being easily killed off, lol.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Succession is winning Writing, Directing and Series. You heard it from me, folks.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

So is anyone else taking the leap and adding any of the GOT self-submitters to their predictions? I have both Allen and Christie in now (and Van Houten in guest).

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

So is anyone else taking the leap and adding any of the GOT self-submitters to their predictions? I have both Allen and Christie in now (and Van Houten in guest).

I added Alfie Allen and it just felt so right. Ugh, he’ll not get nominated though so I’ll take him out soon.

I also added Carice Van Houten, I’m not as confident as most of you are but I have her for now.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Kay.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Kay.
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg stop acting like people who hated this last season are only internet trolls. Season 8 (and the show in general) was already called out by the industry for its treatment of women. Hollywood professionals won’t straight up tweet “season 8 is garbage” because they care about their careers and don’t want to have HBO and D&D (because I’m sure a lot of actors want to be in a new Star Wars triology) as enemies but it does not mean they didn’t hate the season as much as random people online did.

Hollywood professionals mostly defended the season, if they said anything. Like you said, the “professionals” calling it garbage came from the SJW angle, which in my view re just as valuable as the internet trolls.

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

I don’t know how any criticism for this final season could be considered coming from “the SJW angle.” The SJW argument is honestly eye roll-worthy when it’s brought up on this site.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

Hollywood professionals mostly defended the season, if they said anything. Like you said, the “professionals” calling it garbage came from the SJW angle, which in my view re just as valuable as the internet trolls.

Yikes at using “SJW” to dismiss someone’s opinion. I won’t bother replying to you anymore, you’re too delusional.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I literally spent last year’s Emmys arguing with blind THT stans. I really don’t want to do this with the GoT ones.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

My issue is just that you think that fifty percent voted for Game of Thrones last year because that would be a landslide, which does line up with how it lost Writing/Directing/Casting/Editing and was snubbed in Lead Actor/Lead Actress/Cinematography.

Well, I didn’t mean exactly 50 percent… I just meant that I felt that many people voted for it and the rest split the vote. I don’t know the statistics. I’m open to being wrong about this. It’s just a guess.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t we all just agree to disagree with GoT…? I personally agree with both sides of the argument. I personally hated this last season so much. I haven’t been in love with the show since season 6. However, I still think it was quality television and deserves some love. I wouldn’t necessarily be upset if it lost best drama because it wasn’t the best drama this year but I still think it’ll probably win. But anyways…

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I added Alfie Allen and it just felt so right. Ugh, he’ll not get nominated though so I’ll take him out soon. I also added Carice Van Houten, I’m not as confident as most of you are but I have her for now.

It physically hurts me that Alfie Allen never got the recognition he deserved for the show. 🙁

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Hollywood professionals mostly defended the season

Not true, the only defender I have seen is Stephen King and some actors from previous season of GoT, although there have been many other previous actors who have insulted it. And stop categorizing millions of people and accept that you are part of the minority in regards to GoT.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.