Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 489 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
15 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
Stegeo
  • Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I added Alfie Allen and it just felt so right. Ugh, he’ll not get nominated though so I’ll take him out soon. I also added Carice Van Houten, I’m not as confident as most of you are but I have her for now.

It physically hurts me that Alfie Allen never got the recognition he deserved for the show. 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Hollywood professionals mostly defended the season

Not true, the only defender I have seen is Stephen King and some actors from previous season of GoT, although there have been many other previous actors who have insulted it. And stop categorizing millions of people and accept that you are part of the minority in regards to GoT.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I literally spent last year’s Emmys arguing with blind THT stans. I really don’t want to do this with GoT ones.

Comparing the reviews from season 3 of THT and from season 8 of GoT is more than clear who was the blind one last year and I will stop here as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

It physically hurts me that Alfie Allen never got the recognition he deserved for the show.

Agree, I would remove both Nikolaj and Dinklage for him, if I had the power.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

So is anyone else taking the leap and adding any of the GOT self-submitters to their predictions? I have both Allen and Christie in now (and Van Houten in guest).

I have all three.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

You know, I’d genuinely like to discuss the notion that I’ve been seeing a lot about how GoT deserves to win Drama Series because every other aspect, besides the writing, was great and others don’t deserve to lose because D&D dropped the ball. But we already have categories in which the cast and crew can be nominated and win for their work and their excellence in their respective fields. The technical aspects were on point? Those have categories. The actors raised the roof despite mediocre material? They have categories to be recognized in. The directing, the cinematography, the production values, etc all have their own categories. It’s true that they won’t all win, but honestly with how Drama Series wins have consistently framed Benioff and Weiss more than anyone else, I don’t get why giving the win to the two guys whose work most agree was the downside of the season is fair. Benioff and Weiss don’t deserve credit for this final season in the eyes of many people and a Drama Series win puts them in focus.

Also, GoT has already been very well rewarded for previous seasons and will receive a ton of noms this year so the “cultural phenomenon” argument needs to stop. The show already got its deserved accolades in that area and then some. But the 2019 Emmys are supposed to be evaluating this season, not the overall cultural impact of GoT or the last eight seasons combined. This is not about Emmy chances or who is likely to vote what btw; I’m talking about this season’s merits against the relevant seasons of other shows that have delivered better seasons that aren’t just built on impressive visuals.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Exactly, if you liked the final season enough to make it your winner than that is your prerogative, but if you are part of the consensus that was incredibly disappointed yet the series still gets your vote because of its legacy or technical aspects, you’re missing the point of a Best Drama Series win. And yes, other front runners like Killing Eve and Ozark can be seen as just as undeserving, but on the other hand deserving contenders do exist, seasons that were directed and WRITTEN (!!!!) well!.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Saying Game Of Thrones should win Best Drama Series just because of its legacy and production values/technical aspects is like saying Avengers Endgame should win Best Picture at Oscars 2020.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Saying Game Of Thrones should win Best Drama Series just because of its legacy and production values/technical aspects is like saying Avengers Endgame should win Best Picture at Oscars 2020.

I don’t agree GoT deserve or should win, but Game of Thrones’s production values/technical was more important for TV than Avengers’s production values/technical was for movies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

The technical aspects were on point? Those have categories. The actors raised the roof despite mediocre material? They have categories to be recognized in. The directing, the cinematography, the production values, etc all have their own categories. It’s true that they won’t all win, but honestly with how Drama Series wins have consistently framed Benioff and Weiss more than anyone else, I don’t get why giving the win to the two guys whose work most agree was the downside of the season is fair. Benioff and Weiss don’t deserve credit for this final season in the eyes of many people and a Drama Series win puts them in focus.

Exactly, very well said! Although, they were so blind and acting out of hurt ego when they were submitting that they did horrible mistakes, they were already snub last year in Cinematography, so choosing The Long Night as a submission for that category is a bad joke. I see them getting snub again in Lead Actor and Cinematography, but this time also in Writing and in Casting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah, the Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series goes to the producers.  The lead producers of Game of Thrones are showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.  None of the craftspeople or ensemble will get trophies for that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I have all three.

Alfie Allen isn’t happening. What exactly did he do? He had an emotional final scene, yet there was no Emmy-worthy acting involved. They’re not gonna nominate him now just because he was good a couple of seasons back.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfie Allen isn’t happening. What exactly did he do? He had an emotional final scene, yet there was no Emmy-worthy acting involved. They’re not gonna nominate him now just because he was good a couple of seasons back.

I have to disagree. Alfie always has given Emmy worthy performances each season. He’s just constantly overlooked for the bigger players in the show and I believe, he sadly, will never be nominated for his amazing work. His character’s death hit me the hardest. I think everyone has a little bit of Theon in them.  The need for a sense of belonging is human nature and Alfie played him beautifully.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Rachel.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Rachel.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Been considering shaking up my supporting actress lineup. Does Janet McTeer have a memorable role in Ozark? Or is she more in the Sissy Spacek-Bloodline territory? I feel like she might not be that much of an easy name check having missed out on easy noms for The White Queen and The Honorable Woman recently.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Been considering shaking up my supporting actress lineup. Does Janet McTeer have a memorable role in Ozark? Or is she more in the Sissy Spacek-Bloodline territory? I feel like she might not be that much of an easy name check having missed out on easy noms for The White Queen and The Honorable Woman recently.

That’s actually why I’m hesitant about Emily Watson.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 489 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.