Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 487 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
  • LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

Right, let’s play a GoT performers elimination game then.

Harrington has only one facial expression and couldn’t elevate any material even if he tried. Turner is bland, wooden and has virtually no charisma. She had one good scene this entire season and that was the funeral part. That lasted what, no more than 5 min? In addition, neither of them is out there campaigning. Harrington has personal problems and Turner is preoccupied with that trainwreck Dark Phoenix and a couple of PR disasters. I highly doubt they are getting nominated.

Christie has a couple of fierce battle scenes plus a couple of dramatic / emotional ones. She did well in those, but still, the screen time isn’t there, she doesn’t have particular high name recognition and HBO is not even campaigning her. I doubt she is getting nominated.

Headey is a talented actress and has done good work throughout the show. But the writers did her dirty and the screen time absolutely isn’t there. If she wasn’t a 4-time Emmy nominee and if she hadn’t nailed that one good scene she was given by the writers, she wouldn’t even be nominated. That said, I do think she will end up getting in, purely due to name recognition and previous work.

Williams has decent material and decent amount of screen time. Her performance was good and she received quite a lot of buzz. HBO is campaigning her and there are a few articles / reviews specifically singling her out, saying she should be in the Emmy conversation. I am confident that she will make it in.

Clarke did better than expected with the shitty material she was given. Still, she always looks like she is trying too hard. It’s one of those “look at me, I am acting!” performances instead of playing the character organically. Worst of all, most of the controversy is centered around her character. This isn’t her fault, but it will still influence voters who will have a hard time emphasising with her character and indeed with her performance. That said, Clarke is actively campaigning and she has had some good PR lately. Should be enough for a nomination.

Dinklage is an Emmy darling, who received the best material from the writers and pulled it off with his usual talent and charm. He is winning, nothing more needs to be said here.

So I am predicting 4 acting noms for GoT in the main categories and 1 win. But no more than that.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Agree with all of ☝️that☝️ except that I believe Harrington and Turner will get nominated.Williams and Dinklange are winning, Clarke stands a chance depending on the reception of Killing Eve.

Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

What about the stupidest Lannister?

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

we’ll see if white supremacy wins the day as it usually does. esp with the biggest competition being a character that was obviously hitler inspired in the end

What the fuck did I just read?

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

What about the stupidest Lannister?

Damn, I knew I would forget someone. Actually, that might be indicative of Coster-Waldau’s performance. He was good, but nothing extremely outstanding or memorable I would say. That said, Supporting Actor is quite empty and he has been nominated before. So he is likely getting in as well.

So that makes 5 GoT acting noms and 1 win (Dinklage).

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

So, you’re saying people are gonna vote for Clarke because her character turned Hitler and everyone’s all for white supremacy? Wtf honey…

They are probably nominating Sandra Oh so they can publicly humilliate her and declare a war with Asia.
    I just found out Clarke is from England.They are probably taking Hong Kong back.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This back and forth about who was the best performer is kind of unnecessary; just accept that there are other opinions.

Personally, I thought Headey acted circles around everyone with her scenes in 8×05, but that’s me.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn, I knew I would forget someone. Actually, that might be indicative of Coster-Waldau’s performance. He was good, but nothing extremely outstanding or memorable I would say. That said, Supporting Actor is quite empty and he has been nominated before. So he is likely getting in as well.

So that makes 5 GoT acting noms and 1 win (Dinklage).

6 including Carice! Although it’s not a major category.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there a possibility that Lena Headey might miss out on a nomination this year? Everyone and their mom watched Game of Thrones this season and knows her screen time was extremely limited. I’m just presenting the question… could that happen? I realize a LOT of you on here think she’s somehow a lock for the win, but she (will probably, but) MIGHT not even get the nomination.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

They are probably nominating Sandra Oh so they can publicly humilliate her and declare a war with Asia.
    I just found out Clarke is from England.They are probably taking Hong Kong back.

I-

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there a possibility that Lena Headey might miss out on a nomination this year? Everyone and their mom watched Game of Thrones this season and knows her screen time was extremely limited. I’m just presenting the question… could that happen? I realize a LOT of you on here think she’s somehow a lock for the win, but she (will probably, but) MIGHT not even get the nomination.

No.She didn’t give an outstanding performance in season 7 and still got in.The support is there, she may even win.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter which GoT supporting actresses are getting nominated, none of them are winning.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter which GoT supporting actresses are getting nominated, none of them are winning.

This.

The only scenario I can see of a GoT supporting actress winning is if Williams is the only one nominated, if the others are all snubbed (thus no vote splitting) and if GoT is given a farewell sweep despite the bad critical reception. All of which unlikely in my book.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Van Houten is not happening..

Who do you think is happening?

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Van Houten is not happening..

I wasn’t speaking to you I was speaking to that one particular user. I checked and they’re predicting van Houten anyway. Thank you for your irrelevant input though.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.