Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 487 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Van Houten is not happening..

Lol. She so is happening.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn, girls! Once the actresses talk begins claws come out lol

At least I’m happy people are not shitting on Clarke as they used to. Can we say a nomination is highly possible? I’d be super happy for her given the shitfest those last three episodes were.

I can’t believe Dinklage will get another Emmy given how incredibly idiotic his character became. Yeah, he cried with Jaime, so…? Some women in the cast are more deserving than him.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

I wasn’t speaking to you I was speaking to that one particular user. I checked and they’re predicting van Houten anyway. Thank you for your irrelevant input though.

The ANGER OMG queen take it easy

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean if they look at Tyson on the ballot, they’ll see her right below, so…

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Well then that would cause Cecily Tyson to be snubbed if all the people who intend to check off Tyson see that Van Houten is submitted. The rest will still be unaware.

Kord, this makes absolutely no sense.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean if they look at Tyson on the ballot, they’ll see her right below, so…

Don’t forget half of the voters view the ballot in reverse order so van Houten will arguably be the first major contender on half of the ballots.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

All I’m saying is most people with the intension of voting for Tyson will find out van Houten is submitted so they’ll change their minds and vote for her. So, Tyson will be the one to be snubbed for the sake of Melisandre.

We understand your argument. It’s just not a very good one because it displays little understanding of how the process actually works.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyson is one of the safest noms in the category. Just because they’re right next to each other doesn’t mean that they’ll suddenly not vote for Tyson, they’ll just have more of an opportunity to check off Van Houten, in addition to her. In this case, Britton or Cox would be the ones to miss out, not Tyson.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I do not see the relevance of acting wins under the tape system.

Not sure if this was in reference to my Heigl/Garner comparison but it really only strengthens my argument if you take that Heigl win away.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Headey would have needed to have screen time in order for her performance to be better than Turner’s.

How does this make ANY sense? Amount of screen time has nothing to do with a better acting performance.

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

How does this make ANY sense? Amount of screen time has nothing to do with a better acting performance.

ChargerFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn, girls! Once the actresses talk begins claws come out lol

At least I’m happy people are not shitting on Clarke as they used to. Can we say a nomination is highly possible? I’d be super happy for her given the shitfest those last three episodes were.

I can’t believe Dinklage will get another Emmy given how incredibly idiotic his character became. Yeah, he cried with Jaime, so…? Some women in the cast are more deserving than him.

I’m actually rooting for Dinklage this year and thought he was the MVP of the season, followed by Williams.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Shame HBO didn’t submit True Detective as drama series (where it actually belongs) because Ali would make the most deserving winner since Matthew Rhys. I know it’s only been a year but wouldn’t it be nice if we continued to have the actual best performance on television winning leading drama category (same goes for actress)?

True Detective isn’t a drama series; it’s a limited series. I was so frustrated when they submitted it as drama is 2014, instead of as a limited. It was total category fraud.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Ali was phenomenal, but Richard Madden still gave the best male performance of the last year, IMO.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Shame HBO didn’t submit True Detective as drama series (where it actually belongs) because Ali would make the most deserving winner since Matthew Rhys. I know it’s only been a year but wouldn’t it be nice if we continued to have the actual best performance on television winning leading drama category (same goes for actress)?

Who? You mean if TC was eligible?

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.