Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 486 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Well she’s getting some good press. I liked she spoke up about her ending. So much lost potential… we needed scenes with Lena and Emilia/Maisie. From a writing point they were totally possible. Maybe Arya terrorizing Cerise when the Red Keep starts to fall to pieces but then Daenerys swoops and both kick her ass while Lena throws wine at them. I don’t know… just anything more than what we got 🙁

I agree darling… it had so much potential. The shade could’ve been so iconic.

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I am starting to think that TIU could get 10 acting noms (Actorx2, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting ActressX2, Guest Actorx3, Guest Actress). I know that’s an unpopular thought but its just a hunch.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I am starting to think that TIU could get 10 acting noms (Actorx2, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting ActressX2, Guest Actorx3, Guest Actress). I know that’s an unpopular thought but its just a hunch.

No fucking way

#FreeTheBannedFour

nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

I have heard only good things about it and it’s on my watch list. Also, Sophie Rundle is in this show, who is having quite the year with Gentleman Jack and of course Bodyguard. Although her character was my least favourite in Bodyguard, I really like Rundle and I do think she is a talented actress. Hope she is in more stuff in the future!

Rundle is very, very good on Gentleman Jack. Way better than I was expecting after only knowing her from Bodyguard where she (I now think through no fault of her own) was just stuck playing a really underwritten character

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I stumbled upon Jodie Comer interviews on YouTube, and she seems to have nice views to the point that her interviews are more watched than Sandra’s (her Ellen interview has 673k views, while Jodie’s has 1M).

Hers is my most popular interview and the traffic has been consistent.  For example, it is Gold Derby’s second most watched video this month, after only Jharrel Jerome, even though it has been up for over a year.  It is currently at 232K views, 2.8K likes, 33 dislikes and 360 comments.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m watching the first season of Gentleman Jack and boy this show is good. I wonder if we are underestimating it, this checked so many boxes: British, HBO, Period, elegant Production Design, beautiful photography, great costume, good story, great acting (Gemma Whelan is so different to her Game of Thrones character that is upsetting, Surane Jones is also fantastic as it is the rest of the cast) and the “diversity” factor.

Barry was underestimated last year. People weren’t even sure it would get in because it didn’t have much buzz but it got 13 nominations. It’s definitely possible.

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Barry was underestimated last year. People weren’t even sure it would get in because it didn’t have much buzz but it got 13 nominations. It’s definitely possible.

Barry was high in odds for its main nominations though. Gentleman Jack not so much

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so not gonna watch the Emmys this year, because I’ll be pissed if I see Dinklage winning another Emmy when he doesn’t even deserve to be nominated after season 4. And that’s definitely going to happen… again.

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Well she’s getting some good press. I liked she spoke up about her ending. So much lost potential… we needed scenes with Lena and Emilia/Maisie. From a writing point they were totally possible. Maybe Arya terrorizing Cerise when the Red Keep starts to fall to pieces but then Daenerys swoops and both kick her ass while Lena throws wine at them. I don’t know… just anything more than what we got 🙁

She was certainly misused. GoT could have use a whole episode on King’s Landing, maybe dividing episode 4 in two with a more extended stay at winterfell and then the second part with more to show in KL, it would have being nice watching Cersei and Harry Strickland making the defense plans, probably some scene between Cersei and her men, a meeting with Daenerys, a scene with Missandei, etc…. but that’s water under the bridge now. Regarding her death i don’t have a problem with the way she went off and it was better than the ridiculous theory of Jaime killing her off.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Barry was high in odds for its main nominations though. Gentleman Jack not so much

But wasn’t that after the nominations were announced? Either way, GJ could surprise.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t know, I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that Wright isn’t in the Gold Derby top 6 anymore. She got the SAG nomination, is practically the reason why this season even came to fruition, has been nominated so many times for this show, and will get the sympathy vote for having to deal with him. I will never forget how, when announcing the 2017 SAG Award nods, Niecy Nash said as she was about to read out Wright’s name, “And I can’t wait for season 6.” The industry respects her.

Plus, this field is so barren that she should be able to do this in a walk. I adore Christine Baranski, and Diane Lockhart, but I don’t get why she’s so high in the odds (sixth place). Emmy voters have shown time and again that they do not watch The Good Fight. And I don’t know why, all of a sudden in the third season, they would. Didn’t they even snub her for the final season of TGW and for TBBT like two years ago? If she gets in, I will be extremely happy, but I won’t predict anything major for TGF until it happens

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I wanna predict MJ Rodriguez so bad, but I don’t see Pose overperforming to that level. I already have Porter and Moore getting nominated.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.