Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 487 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
  • jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

TrashLine, oops I meant TVLine, have posted their dream nominees for this year’s Emmys and in drama supporting actress they have Aubra McDonald for The Good Fight. Was she good? I mean, even if she was she’d probably miss out anyways ’cause they couldn’t care less about the show but she’s past Emmy nominee (also winner as producer) and she got in in 2016 for that movie/special which received no other nominations (in which ofc she was outstanding hence the nom but just saying). Could she get name-checked into that #6 spot?

She’s actually quite good and was basically second lead to Baranski For much of the season. Still, I don’t believe she or Baranski have any chance whatsoever. I do not believe that Baranski is top 10 even. I say this every year, but I miss the days when we used to get long-lists. So much more information.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Idk what will happen in the end but Claire Underwood and Cersei Lannister winning their overdue Emmys in the same year would be simply iconic.

Neither one of them is going to win.

And yes, Audra McDonald is excellent, she even has a killer submission.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

TrashLine, oops I meant TVLine, have posted their dream nominees for this year’s Emmys and in drama supporting actress they have Aubra McDonald for The Good Fight. Was she good? I mean, even if she was she’d probably miss out anyways ’cause they couldn’t care less about the show but she’s past Emmy nominee (also winner as producer) and she got in in 2016 for that movie/special which received no other nominations (in which ofc she was outstanding hence the nom but just saying). Could she get name-checked into that #6 spot?

She’s essentially been the co-lead on this past season and has been fantastic both seasons she’s been on. She has a lot of ‘actor-y’ material in the premiere though to justify a win (if I Believe would actually happen if voters actually watched / cared about TGF).

Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

Cush Jumbo should be winning supporting actress.

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

I finally watched S4 of The Affair, and I found it much better than the third season (which I hated). It’s a pity that the series is apparently not appreciated by Emmy voters (only Maura Tierney was nominated for the second season) because the main cast is great (West, Wilson, Tierney and Jackson) as well as Omar Metwally.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks for your valuable input, I’ll keep it in mind.

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

It would be interesting if Grey’s Anatomy history miraculously repeats itself, and Sandra Oh’s white co-star takes her Emmy from her

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

I finally watched S4 of The Affair, and I found it much better than the third season (which I hated). It’s a pity that the series is apparently not appreciated by Emmy voters (only Maura Tierney was nominated for the second season) because the main cast is great (West, Wilson, Tierney and Jackson) as well as Omar Metwally.

Omar Metwally should be winning Drama Supporting Actor. He delivered a gut-wrenching performance. Probably my second favourite performance by a male this season after Jharrel Jerome.

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m moving Billy Porter into my #1 slot. Odenkirk doesn’t make sense as a winner. There was an episode where he literally bounced a ball for 5 minutes.

Porter makes the most sense. He is EVERYWHERE. And if we’re going by the Lead Actor First/Final season stat – then Porter wins. I thought Stephan James would be the one, but Homecoming has lost some steam since the Globes. Also how terrific would it be if Porter, Brown AND James got in. I don’t think we’ve seen three African American nominated at the same time in Lead.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t even think Brown deserves a nomination.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Audra McDonald was amazing in The Good Fight but I don’t think the Emmys will acknowledge that show at all.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Audra McDonald and Cush Jumbo should both be getting nominated.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Ivo Stoyanov wrote:

Thanks for your valuable input, I’ll keep it in mind.

I have explained why I think that recently about both of them, I am not going to repeat myself.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t even think Brown deserves a nomination.

In my opinion, he definitely does, he and Susan Kelechi Watson were the best part of the show this season, especially in the second half of the season which was far superior than the first. This is why their two episodes were nominated here as Drama Episodes of the year – Our Little Island Girl (although this one was mostly Beth’s it was related to their story line) and R & B.

unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m moving Billy Porter into my #1 slot. Odenkirk doesn’t make sense as a winner. There was an episode where he literally bounced a ball for 5 minutes.

Porter makes the most sense. He is EVERYWHERE. And if we’re going by the Lead Actor First/Final season stat – then Porter wins. I thought Stephan James would be the one, but Homecoming has lost some steam since the Globes. Also how terrific would it be if Porter, Brown AND James got in. I don’t think we’ve seen three African American nominated at the same time in Lead.

I agree. I’m tempted to move Billy Porter to the top spot of my prediction. There’s a good narrative to make it happen. Plus, it follows the streak of first or last season winners in the category.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.