Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 486 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Keeley Hawes is not below Metz, Spacek, Shaw, Watson, Turner and Seehorn! People should swiftly update their predictions.

Not that big a gap between KE and GoT with GD users now but I think Madden is closer to Bateman than we think, he’s definitely above Sterling K Brown for sure.

I am not so sure. Going against the grain here, admittedly, but I currently have Bodyguard blanking.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

She has more material in that gif than she does in 3 episodes of Bodyguard. She ain’t getting in, sorry.

Have you seen the sniper scene in episode 2? That alone should be enough to get her in. She has one of the most fantastic submissions in Supporting Actress this year IMO, but of course her biggest problem is her very low profile in the US. If she misses, it’s because of that not because of the lack of material.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Keeley Hawes was terrific in Bodyguard. She should even win.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

I thought Keeley Hawes did nothing particular in Bodyguard aswell and I removed her from my prediction. But if she gets in, and Bodyguard is also nominated for Best Drama, then Richard Madden is definitely winning Best Actor (he is regardless, imo).

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Nonetheless, to say that even Spacek is ahead of Hawes is stupid, if Hawes is nominated she is a serious threat for Best Supporting Actress. Anyone who thinks that Madden will miss and Brown will get in over him is out of their usual mental mind. Best Drama Lead Actor is between him and Bateman.

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

She has more material in that gif than she does in 3 episodes of Bodyguard. She ain’t getting in, sorry.

Which is why Ashes to Ashes, the programme the gif is from, was so criminally underwatched. If people in the States watched the programmes she is known for across the pond and they became popular, trust me she would be an Emmy darling.

Have you seen the sniper scene in episode 2? That alone should be enough to get her in. She has one of the most fantastic submissions in Supporting Actress this year IMO, but of course her biggest problem is her very low profile in the US. If she misses, it’s because of that not because of the lack of material.

She did not have a lack of material (she had more than Headey tbf), and if they submit episode 2 as her episode, where she completely steals everything from Madden in their scenes together (she is a much better actress sadly, but Richard is still fantastic), she is getting nominated.

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Well one thing is for sure: Hawes is miles ahead of Shaw, in terms of her odds and her performance.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I watched the entire 2nd season the other day ’cause my roommate forced me to and I forgot Bateman was even in it. Yeah, that’s how passable he was. Robb Stark is winning this in a landslide, he won’t even need to campaign for it.

Thank you Michelle, if only you had your Oscars and the Emmy for Fosse/Verdon this year (although sorry Amy Adams was better but you totally deserve it too!)

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Hawes was brilliant in Bodyguard. She had a magnetic screen presence and exuded the right amount of confidence and mystique. The show was not as good without her tbh.

Anways, she’s better than most of her competition and should be nominated. It’s not like we have a slew of good contenders.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Well one thing is for sure: Hawes is miles ahead of Shaw, in terms of her odds and her performance.

See her role snagged her the BAFTA nomination because of how eerily similar it was to things currently going on the political climate here in the UK and I think she could make it in because of the significant amount of British voters in the Television Academy (to whom she would be very widely known as she is British TV royalty across the pond). Don’t forget, no one was expecting Claire Foy (I was though), to win the Emmy for Lead Actress in a Drama Series last year, and whatever you say, there is a significant British faction in both the Film and the Television Academy. Look at Olivia Colman winning for The Favourite for example, it’s not like she was a more well known name internationally or by many Academy members than Lady Gaga, Melissa McCarthy or Glenn Close, was she?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, queen Lena Headey still deserves to win IMO. And if not her, then pls Garner or Williams.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, queen Lena Headey still deserves to win IMO. And if not her, then pls Garner or Williams.

Please not Chrissy Metz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.