Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 487 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

People conveniently forgetting that Richard Madden also comes from a show’s first season, lol.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The odds will quickly change once Ozark blows up in the nominations.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I was thinking and I would really love for Frances Conroy to get that #6 spot in supporting actress.

She was the definition of a scene-stealer.

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

People conveniently forgetting that Richard Madden also comes from a show’s first season, lol.

The winner is usually from a show nominated for Drama Series — so by that logic Madden is not winning. (He should get a nomination first and I can see there not being passion for him or the show)

I think people need to stop conveniently assume that he is a LOCK for a nomination.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

hopefully it won’t feature any filler boring nominees like Chrissy Metz or/and Fiona Shaw.

or lena headey

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

hopefully it won’t feature any filler boring nominees like Chrissy Metz or/and Fiona Shaw.

If these two get nominated over Conroy (or even Watson & Hawes)

AHSAGif

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

The winner is usually from a show nominated for Drama Series — so by that logic Madden is not winning. 

Jeff Daniels says hi!

Also people shouldn’t conveniently forget that:

a) season 2 of Pose is not eligible this year. Porter was much more supporting than lead in season 1 and doesn’t have the performance or screen time to rival those of CLEAR leads (Madden, Odenkirk, Bateman)

b) yes, Porter got a lot of press recently. So has Madden. And that’s nothing compared to the press Madden is going to receive as soon as Marvel presents him as one of the new leads of the MCU. Next to Angelina Jolie no less. That’s very likely to come at SDCC – 3 days after nomination announcement and not long before final round voting. Don’t know how any of the other contenders are going to top this in terms of “being everywhere”.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The winner is usually from a show nominated for Drama Series — so by that logic Madden is not winning. (He should get a nomination first and I can see there not being passion for him or the show)

Bodyguard has a better chance to be nominated for series than Pose.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t know what I’ll do if Fiona Shaw is nominated… maybe pull a Mary Louise and just scream.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I was thinking and I would really love for Frances Conroy to get that #6 spot in supporting actress. It’s a mystery who’s gonna take that spot. But let me not get ahead of myself, Headey, Williams, Garner, Watson and Seehorn might not all be locks. This is the toughest category to predict, hopefully it won’t feature any filler boring nominees like Chrissy Metz or/and Fiona Shaw.

I’m predicting AHS to do better than expected. Sarah Paulson in actress, Jessica Lange and Connie Britton in guest, and one of Kathy Bates/Frances Conroy in supporting actress. I have neither right now because I don’t know which one to predict. If they name check one of them, it’s Bates, if they have actually watched the season, then it’s Conroy.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

The odds will quickly change once Ozark blows up in the nominations.

Or it won’t because no one cares about that show and season 2 only has like 58 on metacritic. I think we could be overestimating Ozark based on last year actually, because season 2 was poorly received.

akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

Or it won’t because no one cares about that show and season 2 only has like 58 on metacritic. I think we could be overestimating Ozark based on last year actually, because season 2 was poorly received.

I’m not high on Ozark because of it’s performance last year. I’m high on SAG because it got into ten different guilds and dominated at SAG. And that was all for season two.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not here a lot lately, so I’ll just post a few thoughts and I’d like to hear what you think.

I’m getting settled on Ozark, Succession, Bodyguard and Pose being the new Drama Series nominees. Weirdly, I think House of Cards can surprise. I’m definitely not predicting Killing Eve and Homecoming.

I was pretty confident in Paulson taking the sixth spot, but I went with Comer making it. I also see Wright as a sure nominee.

If Madden manages to get a nomination, I’m betting on him winning. Not predicting Harrington, but I could see it happening.

I never had Seehorn in my predictions, but it seems like they noticed her good standing in our odds and decided to campaign her. I’ve been reading her name a lot lately, so I might eventually predict her. The category is a mess, so I won’t bother too much. I have Hawes by default and because of good odds.

Supporting Actor is even worse. Seeing the two Succession or Homecoming guys gives me nightmares, not because they don’t have a chance, but because it shows how weak this category is. I was going to predict Peters, but he has a disadvantage because of his two shows.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.