Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 487 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Please not Chrissy Metz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metz is not winning, don’t worry. She probably won’t even get nominated.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I find it laughable that Rotten Tomatoes put Game of Thrones 7th in their predictions for a Best Drama nomination. LOL, it’s winning that award.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Hawes is 3rd most deserving after Headey and Garner, I’m wondering if I watched the same show as everyone else saying she did nothing ?????

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I thought Keeley Hawes did nothing particular in Bodyguard aswell and I removed her from my prediction. But if she gets in, and Bodyguard is also nominated for Best Drama, then Richard Madden is definitely winning Best Actor (he is regardless, imo).

I will just say that I agree that Richard Madden can win even if Keeley Hawes is snubbed, like how Rami Malek won even with Christian Slater snubbed.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Nonetheless, to say that even Spacek is ahead of Hawes is stupid, if Hawes is nominated she is a serious threat for Best Supporting Actress. Anyone who thinks that Madden will miss and Brown will get in over him is out of their usual mental mind. Best Drama Lead Actor is between him and Bateman.

As if they’re both not getting in.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Hawes is 3rd most deserving after Headey and Garner, I’m wondering if I watched the same show as everyone else saying she did nothing ?????

Well, you surely did watch some other show if you think Headey is the most deserving woman in that category.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, Hawes > Moore > Williams >>> the rest. That category is so empty, I get why some users predict the likes of Adina Porter, anything can happen there.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

If someone from AHS happens in supporting it’s Frances Conroy, not Adina Porter. She was already nominated for this role and the other one was barely in the season, her role was not significant at all.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say she did nothing, but I can only remember one scene where she did anything particularly good acting wise.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Frank23
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope at least Keeley is nominated.  She’s been underrated, even in Britain. Her performance in her new shows has been outstanding, too.

In my (unpopular) opinion, GOT shouldn’t win. The best drama of the year was Succession. Actor: Madden. Actress: Linney or Baranski. Sup A: Garner and Dinklage.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say she did nothing, but I can only remember one scene where she did anything particularly good acting wise.

The sniper scene, when David choked her, the moment she acts vulnerable and initiates an intimate relationship with David…

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

After hearing about Emilia Clarke’s fans raising 35K for her charity for her performance in S8 of GoT I think Emilia’s the frontrunner. She deserves it and I think many people (myself included) truly believe she did extremely well this season despite the poorly written ending of her character. I have been debating putting her in first place because of Sandra Oh’s academy fan following but I think Emilia is a stronger contender. I know voters don’t always listen to the internet but I think she is getting the most recognition besides Jodie Comer.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Wright also did that you know. She’s my very personal favorite, but I’ll certainly support Clarke if she’s the only one to stop that Sandra Oh from winning a very undeserved Emmy.

Wright just doesn’t have enough support to win. She hasn’t been a frontrunner since 2016 and may not even get a nomination. Not that I agree with that! But there hasn’t been much hype on her performance. I will be disappointed if Sandra Oh wins because people in the industry just “like her”. Comer or Emilia deserve the win the most.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

ut she shouldn’t win an Emmy just because everybody felt bad because of where D&D went with the character.

That’s not why many people, myself included, think she would be a worthy winner. They support her on the strength of her overall performance not because they feel badly for her.

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

I hope they go with Wright.

Wright pulling a Malsanay on Oh from the bottom of the predictions? Loving that concept.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.