Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 499 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Thatcher
Luca Giliberti
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the drama discussions in this thread.

paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

Leading and Supporting actress in a Drama Series feels exactly like last year’s Leading & Supporting actress in a Limited Series. There some sure things indeed but there will be nominees that literally nobody would of been able to foresee beforehand. Expect 3 or 4 Leading and Supporting Drama ladies out of the GD Top 6 to make the cut.. Then it’s up for grabs. Quite literally.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  paulsonalypse.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  paulsonalypse.
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Rhea Seehorn has a really good scene in episode 9, Wiederschen.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

In general Rhea Seehorn doesn’t have that meaty, awards-friendly material that some other contenders have. And to be honest, it doesn’t make me sad because it means that Better Call Saul is not following the easy way with the creation of baity scenes and one-layered characters easy to grasp and understand. Rhea Seehorn’s Kim is an infinitely more complex human being than anyone in GoT or This Is Us; it’s not enough to get an Emmy, maybe not even for an Emmy nomination, but it’s enough for anyone looking for quality television.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Cersei Lannister CAN’T remain Emmy-less.

VOTE FOR LENA HEADEY.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Cersei Lannister will get an Emmy when the show gets rebooted in 2035 and is marketed as the “true adaptation of the book”!

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Cersei Lannister will get an Emmy when the show gets rebooted in 2035 and is marketed as the “true adaptation of the book”!

We don’t want it unless Lena Headey is in it.

Couverture
    Participant
    Topics:

In general Rhea Seehorn doesn’t have that meaty, awards-friendly material that some other contenders have. And to be honest, it doesn’t make me sad because it means that Better Call Saul is not following the easy way with the creation of baity scenes and one-layered characters easy to grasp and understand. Rhea Seehorn’s Kim is an infinitely more complex human being than anyone in GoT or This Is Us; it’s not enough to get an Emmy, maybe not even for an Emmy nomination, but it’s enough for anyone looking for quality television.

You are essentally highlighting the good writing, not the actress herself. There are plenty of performances like hers that are ignored and justifiably so. A well written character shouldn’t be an excuse to nominate someone. An acting Emmy doesn’t serve that purpose. And are we really pretending BCS hasn’t had its fair share of baity moments? (not as blatant as TIU or Handmaid’s though)

Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

You are essentally highlighting the good writing, not the actress herself. There are plenty of performances like hers that are ignored and justifiably so. A well written character shouldn’t be an excuse to nominate someone. An acting Emmy doesn’t serve that purpose. And are we really pretending BCS hasn’t had its fair share of baity moments? (not as blatant as TIU or Handmaid’s though)

I completely disagree; maybe I just wasn’t clear enough. I was not talking about “well written” characters; I referred to complexe ones, and complexity comes from both the writers and the actor’s work (and the directing, of course). And there’s no doubt that Rhea Seehorn does an essential job in this regard; she’s put in interesting situations, yes, but just look at her body and at her facial expressions – there’s always an ambiguity to it, something we rarely see on tv. She’s there and she’s not there; she thinks what we expect her to think and probably something else; you get the impression that you know her, but not that you know evrything of her personality. For that, credits to both the writers and the actress.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

GoT does have a problem with vote splitting with their actors so Maisie Williams is in no way the frontrunner (going back to the old thread). Peter Dinklage is the only one thus far to survive the dreaded vote split at last years Emmys and Maisie is no Peter Dinklage. Emmy voters LOVE him. Remember when everyone was so sure that Kit Harington was going to win back in 2016 and that vote split happened with Dinklage so it went to Ben Mendelsohn? Yeah…

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

GoT does have a problem with vote splitting with their actors so Maisie Williams is in no way the frontrunner (going back to the old thread). Peter Dinklage is the only one thus far to survive the dreaded vote split at last years Emmys and Maisie is no Peter Dinklage. Emmy voters LOVE him. Remember when everyone was so sure that Kit Harington was going to win back in 2016 and that vote split happened with Dinklage so it went to Ben Mendelsohn? Yeah…

The biggest question is if there is voting spilit between the GOT supporting actresses(note, I said if), who would win supporting actress then? My money is on Watson or Metz from this is us(which ever one is nominated).

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

The biggest question is if there is voting spilit between the GOT supporting actresses(note, I said if), who would win supporting actress then? My money is on Watson or Metz from this is us(which ever one is nominated).

I’m going to wait to see who they nominate.

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Vote splitting occur when two or more actors, directors, etc. have the same or similar preeminence on a show like Lena Heady and Emilia Clarke (in supporting actress), Harrington and Dinklage in 2016, the two male leads from This is Us or The Handmaids Tale ladies last year. When one actor, Director, etc. has a superior performance/episode in contention vote splitting is not a factor, exemples: Ann Dowd, Peter Dinklage, Starling K Brown (twice).

The Academy could nominate 4 GoT actresses (which i doubt very much) but only Maise Williams is a contender for the win.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I have no idea who’s winning Supporting Actress. If there’s 3 or more GOT actresses then I don’t see one of them winning. I think it’s between Julia Garner and then depending on whenever Shaw and Hawes get nominated I think they could pull off a win

FYC Emmys 2019
    Killing Eve- All Categories Nominated ‘Sandra Oh for the win’

Fleabag for Series, lead actress and Supporting Actress ‘Colman’

Amy Adams and Hugh Grant

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Emma Thompson’ ‘Late Night’

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Again, Fiona Shaw is NOT winning an Emmy for Killing Eve, ever.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.