Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 499 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Thatcher, Pri..
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am currently writing sth for Janet McTeer and then stumbled upon Lisa Emery’s name, who plays Darlene. Maybe she’s the second Ozark actress to get nominated, and not McTeer. I mean, if we’re assuming Mullan gets in, then why not her? She isn’t being campaigned (did they even submit her) though.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    LiberianGirl12
    Topics:

To be fair, it literally just happened at the BAFTAs. Madden was snubbed, got nominated for every other major award it was eligible for.

If we are taking the BAFTAs as a benchmark (which is not a good comparison) then I would like to remind everyone of the Tom Hiddleston case:

He won the GG for The Night Manager, was nominated for the National Television Award (one of the biggest award shows in the UK and a huge popularity contest – winners are voted on by the public), then was snubbed by the BAFTAs due to his growing popularity and Hollywood prospects (with few exceptions the BAFTAs tend to go for the underdog) and still went on to secure an Emmy nom. So did The Night Manager. The BAFTAs had zero influence on that.

Madden finds himself in the exact same situation now. He even won the NTA, as did Bodyguard in Best New Drama. The Emmys snubbing him, the rising star and clear lead of the show, but then nominate the show in everything including Hawes in Sup. Actress, who has zero profile and name recognition in the US (unlike with the BAFTAs), would make absolutely no sense.

Madden only misses if Bodyguard is snubbed across the board, which could happen but hopefully won’t.

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

I’ve decided to add Frances Conroy, she is likely not happening but whatever.

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Let’s be real, Lena Headey will go Emmyless and Frances Conroy will be snubbed. Period.

I serve the tea (politely)

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Totally.

Profile picture
    Roney Moore
    Topics:

Elizabeth Olsen? With Suranne Jones as your runner up?

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I really want to remove Sterling K Brown from my lead actor predictions but I know that the Academy adores him. It’s just frustrating because he isn’t a lead, he is supporting.

Profile picture
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Topics:

Is anyone else predicting Suranne Jones?…..Gentleman Jack could get into Cinematography, production design, costume, picture editing and hairstyling, it would be a worthy nominee in Drama Series.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

I really want to remove Sterling K Brown from my lead actor predictions but I know that the Academy adores him. It’s just frustrating because he isn’t a lead, he is supporting.

If you do that, you might as well remove TIU from Series as well

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

If you do that, you might as well remove TIU from Series as well

I removed This Is Us from Series and I think it might be a mistake but I’m doing it anyway.

I’m wary of betting against it because I think it might have support from the actors branch, but then again, Mandy Moore and Justin Hartley’s snubs last season prove to me that actors aren’t really watching the show. But it has won SAG ensemble two years in a row.

It’s a tough one but I’d rather keep new, buzzy shows like Bodyguard, Succession and Pose taking up the spots instead of This Is Us.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Miles.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Miles.
    Profile picture
    Roney Moore
    Topics:

Maybe stiff competition was the main reason Moore was left out last year but that Hartley snub in that weak-ass field? I wouldn’t have nominated him but I wouldn’t have given the show 2 SAG wins either. They really have something against pretty boys. They waited until Jaime’s beard to turn white to nominate him too lol

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Let’s be real. Lena Headey isn’t winning.

I serve the tea (politely)

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, an ideal world.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.