Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 295 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
51 years ago
( +22 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca
Pulp
ginnala
  • Profile picture
    StarkyRed
    Topics:

I’m not going to dive into this.

Good. Wasn’t interested either way.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I’m done with “Our Little Island Girl” and “R & B” and I’m even more confused about Kelechi Watson getting in. The show is filled with decent actors but not all of them are Emmy-nominated. I think she’ll be ignored. I’ll predict her, but putting her at #6 spot. I didn’t find her undeniable.

Interesting! If you watched both of her potential tapes and were still not won over, I doubt that you would have been by the fourteen episodes this season in which she actually was supporting. Thanks for giving it a shot.

Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

Watson is the best part of This Is Us, she always has been, but the show is trending downward so I think her (along with Hartley and Moore) chance to be nominated has passed.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

since Beth has always been much more of a fan favorite than Rebecca and Kevin.

Is this true? I’ve always felt like I was in the minority on thinking Beth was one of the best characters.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Moore and Hartley were totally snubbed and not ‘snobbed’. If it was the latter case, then Milo also wouldn’t have gotten in two years in a row. The Academy just saw season 1 and didn’t even bother seeing season 2, so I don’t see how Watson gets in out of the blue for season 3, even though she truly deserves it.

If Mandy Moore couldn’t get in for the Super Bowl episode, it’s pretty clear they just aren’t watching the show anymore.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

A million times this. Spot on.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

Moore and Hartley were totally snubbed and not ‘snobbed’. If it was the latter case, then Milo also wouldn’t have gotten in two years in a row. The Academy just saw season 1 and didn’t even bother seeing season 2, so I don’t see how Watson gets in out of the blue for season 3, even though she truly deserves it.

If Mandy Moore couldn’t get in for the Super Bowl episode, it’s pretty clear they just aren’t watching the show anymore.

For all we know, Mandy Moore could have been 7 last year and get in this year. Or there is just a huge bias against her for her early career choices (same for Justin Hartley).

Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

Even if they are watching the show I’m not sure why Moore or Hartley would be nominated. I like Moore’s performance a lot, but her category has been stacked the last few years and she really has no business being nominated considering who she’s up against. Hartley, he kinda sucks, and Kevin is such an awful character.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

Hartley was better than Ventimiglia and Brown in s2, imo.

Profile picture
    LiberianGirl12
    Topics:

“Ozark” and “Bodyguard” made up more than 80 percent of the streaming service’s drama ad buys, with the Jason Bateman-starrer tallying more print ads than any other program tracked — comedy or drama, across Netflix and HBO.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/netflix-2019-emmy-ozark-bodyguard-future-fyc-1202157542/

I have been thinking a lot about last minute changes to my predictions, but I now feel much more confident that Netflix will get 2 of their shows in. Ozark was always a lock and while Bodyguard seems more of a long shot, there is clear evidence that Netflix is pushing it hard. I think (hope!) those 2 will be just fine tomorrow in terms of noms.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    LiberianGirl12
    Topics:

Also, in addition to Netflix’s backing, this should bode very well for Madden:

Madden’s star has only risen, thanks to a supporting role in “Rocketman” and casting buzz in Marvel’s “The Eternals,” so betting big on “Bodyguard” seems like a smart spend.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 295 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.