Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 295 total)
Created
7 days ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +22 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Pulp
ginnala
  • AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

After a full two weeks of internal deliberation, I took out Emilia Clarke. Replaced her with Robin Wright.

Clarke and Harrington should’ve stayed in Supporting, where they belong. They have no business in any Lead category. Not screen time wise, not performance wise.

And just like last year, they will get snubbed.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree about Clarke. She was clearly lead female this year. Most of the storylines revolved around her character.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

After a full two weeks of internal deliberation, I took out Emilia Clarke. Replaced her with Robin Wright. Clarke and Harrington should’ve stayed in Supporting, where they belong. They have no business in any Lead category. Not screen time wise, not performance wise. And just like last year, they will get snubbed.

I completely disagree. Clarke by far had the most screen time of any character (well next to Dinklage maybe) in the final season. And her performance has been singled out. It’s not lile last year where no one was particularly praising her performance in S7; she has that praise this year. Literally, episodes 4-6 were all about Dany, and she even had some big moments during the battle. I will be damned if she isn’t nominated.

Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Clarke in 6th just on the basis of Lead category still being an uncharted territory for her. But honestly, she and Harington should not be even grouped together. It took him 6 years to even get a nomination in supporting despite playing the most unanimously beloved character; he infamously had no material this year and his category is actually the only competitive acting one in drama. Imo he is even less likely to get in than Turner/Christie.

Even if they were on the same ground; Clarke missing a nom in a bloodbath category last year(along with almost all of this year’s competition Linney, Comer, Moore, Baranski, Davis) is easier to explain than Harington missing for 2 guys from Westworld-one of which couldn’t even get a nomination in supporting the previous year.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Το say Clarke is not lead and didn’t have material is pure ignorance. She’s getting nominated.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke isn’t going to miss this is the best she’s ever been on the show.

AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

hello

And when she is eventually snubbed on Tuesday (my opinion), I would love to read the EXCUSES as to why she didn’t make the line-up. Seeing as she apparently had more screen time than before, she “had some big moments during the battle” and she owned the final 3 episodes of Game of Thrones.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re coming across as someone that dislikes Game of Thrones (which is fair enough) and is letting that cloud actual predictions. Having said that, I wouldn’t call Clarke a ‘lock’ purely because she’s never got into this category before and has missed nominations before.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

hello And when she is eventually snubbed on Tuesday (my opinion), I would love to read the EXCUSES as to why she didn’t make the line-up. Seeing as she apparently had more screen time than before, she “had some big moments during the battle” and she owned the final 3 episodes of Game of Thrones.

I don’t think we’re calling Clarke an absolute lock; most of us were just responding to your “she’s in no way a lead” comments.

dosmax
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke isn’t going to miss this is the best she’s ever been on the show.

Clarke’s big moments all felt like acting this season. I thought “Wow, she is really working to contort her face through an array of emotions.” It was always Emilia Clarke in those moments, not Daenerys Targaryen. I never thought that with Gwendoline Christie or Maisie Williams.

That said, I could still see Clarke getting in, but I don’t get all the praise she’s getting.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess I’m the only one who still thinks that Harington will get in. Like Riley said in the old thread, I’m pretty sure it’s going to break the record with at least 30 nominations, and he’ll be one of them. In my opinion, goodwill for the series and a pity-vote for his rehab stint due to stress from the series will get him in.

I’m about to drop Bodyguard from series (I’m not confident though), but my gut keeps on going back and forth on dropping Killing Eve.

I’m pretty sure Cox will get in due to being the bigger name, but if both were to get in, I would have to drop Brown for that to happen.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

You don’t think Porter will get in?

Also, I suddenly got the same feeling about Killing Eve after the discussion we have had in the other thread about some shows just being “fun” and not feeling prestigious enough. Also I think it’s not competitive for a Directing nom and without Waller-Bridge it might even be vulnerable in Writing. I am not buying Shaw either. So perhaps broad support is just not there?

At this point, I am only 100% certain about GOT, Ozark, Better Call Saul and Succession. 

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m kinda conflicted on whether or not Pose is strong enough outside of the critics, especially considering how niche it is. I only have Moore getting in because of the Time 100 and how weak her category is.

Yeah, I 100% agree. I don’t see KE coming close to the final six in the directing category and a sophomore writing nom for Killing doesn’t seem likely without Waller-Bridge either. Shaw could’ve only happened if we had the same field minus Game of Thrones. Its underperformance at the guilds for a better and buzzier season doesn’t stoke confidence.

Same, those four are the only foreseeable locks for nominations.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Clarke’s big moments all felt like acting this season. I thought “Wow, she is really working to contort her face through an array of emotions.” It was always Emilia Clarke in those moments, not Daenerys Targaryen. I never thought that with Gwendoline Christie or Maisie Williams.

You obviously have personal bias against her and your claims cannot be more far from the reality, she is VERY different in real life, she does not talk, articulate, walk or laugh like Daenarys in real life, her performance was mesmerizing and it was the one single thing that all the haters and all the book fans praised unanimously. She is getting in and she can even win since she was (surprisingly for all of us) the only performer that managed to shine above the mediocre writing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 295 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.