Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 295 total)
Created
7 days ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +22 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Pulp
ginnala
  • Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I am sticking with Mandy Moore, Justin Hartley, Sterling K. Brown and Susan Kelechi Watson until the end, all of them are risky, but I think that This is us is still well beloved between actors.

Also, I do not think that makes sense to predict Cox, Strong, Culkin and Macfadyen, but not Sarah Snook, this is why I left Cox out.

GoT, Saul, Ozark, This is us and Succession are IN for Drama, the last two spots can be anything between Pose, Killing Eve, Homecoming and Bodyguard, I am not able to choose, all of them have big pluses and big minuses.

Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

She really is such a goofy persion in rl. I kinda felt bad for her when she said she had been always been asked to play Daenerys as more stiff than she wanted by D&D pre-s8 which was not best suited for her skills. I hope The Last Christmas becomes a succes and she sticks to doing comedy afterwards where she excels.

paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

You obviously have personal bias against her and your claims cannot be more far from the reality, she is VERY different in real life, she does not talk, articulate, walk or laugh like Daenarys in real life, her performance was mesmerizing and it was the one single thing that all the haters and all the book fans praised unanimously. She is getting in and she can even win since she was (surprisingly for all of us) the only performer that managed to shine above the mediocre writing.

Did you contact all the haters and all the book fans and they said so? Because quite literally nobody’s talking about her performance. All the so-called praise is coming off the Internet and it’s not as massive as y’all try to make it look. It’s non-existent at this point. The industry couldn’t care less too. Find me one actress or actor who publicly declared their Emilia Clarke support for this final season, not that it matters but where’s the support within the industry for Clarke actually? Even Reese Witherspoon, who tweets about everything and loves to praise her peers when they’re deserving, didn’t have anything to say about Clarke even during GoT. She’s 6th at best and a snub wouldn’t surprise anyone.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Emilia Clarke is getting in. I was her hater and she made me love her. If she convinces Thatcher she’s capable of getting nominated for sure.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 5 hours ago by  Thatcher.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 5 hours ago by  Thatcher.

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d love for her to get nominated. She looks sweet and she’d be over the moon. That’s for sure.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I’m bored. Lena Headey is winning.

Omg this post. We need her on the Emmys’ stage.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzyCPsMhfY4/

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Seriously people…Emilia Clarke is getting nominated and probably ended being the runner up. Also Baransky will get in too. Wright and the Pose “ladies” ain’t happening and neither is Paulson for AHS.

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Succession, Bodyguard. Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke, Drama Lead Actor: Richard Madden, Jeremy Strong. Limited Series: Chernobyl

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t care for This is Us anymore but I hope Ventimiglia gets nominated again he was my personal pick for Actor last year.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Το say Clarke is not lead and didn’t have material is pure ignorance. She’s getting nominated.

I mean 2 of the 6 episodes she was just riding a dragon most of the time. Like she was barely in the bells at all, and then she had 2 scenes in the finale and that’s it. If we’re going by screentime, it’s very much debatable.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

As per the GoldDerby article about Janet McTeer in Ozark by Luca…

I’ve been thinking, if she can get nominated in Supporting Actress, she will probably win the Emmy! She would have a lot going for:

1) Amazing supporting performance (critically-acclaimed)
    2) On a hot (newer) series (Ozark’s about to double+ their Emmy nom count)
    3) Highly respected actress (2-Time Academy Award Nominee, Tony Award winner, former Emmy nominee)

Her main competition would be the GOT ladies (canceling each other out), her co-star (who would suffer from being a young nominee) and we don’t know if Susan will be nom’d. She would stand an excellent shot at winning… once again… the KEY being IF she can get nominated.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree about Clarke. She was clearly lead female this year. Most of the storylines revolved around her character.

Buy this good soul a drink cuz sense has been made.

I mean 2 of the 6 episodes she was just riding a dragon most of the time. Like she was barely in the bells at all, and then she had 2 scenes in the finale and that’s it. If we’re going by screentime, it’s very much debatable.

With a gazillion characters no one would get much screen time in GOT. Her character was Lead, all major storylines had her front and center.
    The shitty writing… that’s another story

The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Seriously people…Emilia Clarke is getting nominated and probably ended being the runner up. Also Baransky will get in too. Wright and the Pose “ladies” ain’t happening and neither is Paulson for AHS.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Wright ain’t happening

She is, and she is winning.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

As per the GoldDerby article about Janet McTeer in Ozark by Luca… I’ve been thinking, if she can get nominated in Supporting Actress, she will probably win the Emmy! She would have a lot going for: 1) Amazing supporting performance (critically-acclaimed) 2) On a hot (newer) series (Ozark’s about to double+ their Emmy nom count) 3) Highly respected actress (2-Time Academy Award Nominee, Tony Award winner, former Emmy nominee) Her main competition would be the GOT ladies (canceling each other out), her co-star (who would suffer from being a young nominee) and we don’t know if Susan will be nom’d. She would stand an excellent shot at winning… once again… the KEY being IF she can get nominated.

Unless it’s 4 Got and 2 Ozark actresses (So too much vote splitting for GOT), or Garner is somehow snubbed and just McTeer is nominated, then she isn’t winning. She can’t overcome vote splitting with Garner.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

null

Just stay in disbelief..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 295 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.