Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 295 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
50 years ago
( +22 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Pulp
ginnala
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Clarke did receive praise. I went through many, many reviews for her Emmy spotlight and people were definitely talking about her. Series-best and career-best were tossed around, too. I loved Paulson but she didn’t get as much noticeable praise as Clarke did, from what I’ve seen. But that’s mostly because AHS is nowhere near as popular as Thrones. Baranski continuously receives praise for playing Diane, so I can’t fathom someone saying she doesn’t.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

LMFAO. Do I have to mention again all the household names that praised Paulson’s direction and acting duties this season? You seriously thing you know everything and you are so wrong all the times. You obviously don’t follow Reese because, actually, she got the praise. Try again tomorrow.

And yes I predict both Paulson and Baranski because I WANT TO. Do I have to get your permission for that too? They’re MY predictions and I’m gonna predict whoever the hell I WANT. Jesus. Learn some manners.

Your manners are questionable. And your double standards as well (you started criticizing me about predicting Clarke, so do not make my contra-argument about your ridiculous prediction for Paulson as “asking for permission” thing, because it is far from the truth).

You are completely wrong about Clarke, so the one that think that knows everything and doesn’t is you. And Paulson did not receive praise acting wise which is what we are discussing here. She received congratulations about her directorial debut, but those congratulations were more like “love towards my friend congratulations” than praise. In the same style, Paulson itself praised Elizabeth Reaser for House Hill and no one else from the show, she did it to support Reaser as a friend (she might have liked her for real, but that is not the point here). She did a similar thing with Amanda Peet and The Romanoffs. In the same fashion, many actors constantly congrats Eva Longoria for her directional efforts, but we all know that they haven’t really seen them.

madeline
    Participant
    Topics:

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Clarke did receive praise. I went through many, many reviews for her Emmy spotlight and people were definitely talking about her. Series-best and career-best were tossed around, too. I loved Paulson but she didn’t get as much noticeable praise as Clarke did, from what I’ve seen. But that’s mostly because AHS is nowhere near as popular as Thrones. Baranski continuously receives praise for playing Diane, so I can’t fathom someone saying she doesn’t.

Yes, I agree Luca. What I meant about Baranski is that she is not getting industry love and publical praise from industry members for The Good Fight since they do not watch the show, I now that you agree with me about that, she is not on their radar. She will always be really beloved by fans of the show, but even we as fans think that she is more supporting than lead and that she is not the MVP of the show, at least not the obvious one.

Clarke has received much more praise from industry members for season 8 than Baranski and Paulson (again for the seasons they are competing for). And if we talk about praise coming from the Internet and from fans, the love received by Clarke is almost unmatched, but you are again correct that it has to do with GoT’s popularity, even so, this will help her tremendously.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Penultimate Predictions

SERIES
    Better Call Saul
    Game of Thrones
    House of Cards
    Killing Eve
    Ozark
    Succession
    This is Us

ACTOR
    Jason Bateman
    Sterling K. Brown
    Brian Cox
    Bob Odenkirk
    Jeremy Strong
    Milo Ventimiglia

ACTRESS
    Emilia Clarke
    Jodie Comer
    Viola Davis
    Laura Linney
    Sandra Oh
    Robin Wright

SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Jonathan Banks
    Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
    Peter Dinklage
    Matthew Macfayden
    Peter Mullan
    Shea Whigham

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Gwendoline Christie
    Julia Garner
    Lena Headey
    Janet McTeer
    Sophie Turner
    Maisie Williams

GUEST ACTOR
    James Cromwell
    Ron Cephas Jones
    Micahel McKean
    Michael Mosely
    Denis O’Hare
    Bradley Whitford

GUEST ACTRESS
    Sandra Bernhard
    Hong Chau
    Jessica Lange
    Cherry Jones
    Cicely Tyson
    Carice van Houten

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

House of Cards?

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

“ladies”?

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Only 4 days left lol. (And then it gets worse).

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Then the war begins

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Ik this is how the internet is but these forums grow more and more disgusting which is a shame. People being offensive, insulting one another, reporting/banning one another, fighting, not arguing, and not willing to hear one another’s opinion considering their own as ultimately the right one, and sometimes the enlightening one lol. I’m not a saint, I tease sometimes too but for fun.

Also a lot of people that lack self-consciousness. People that lack rela arguments and for that reason responds with gifs.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

House of Cards?

I am currently unsatisfied with any of Homecoming, Pose and Bodyguard landing on nomination day so I’m going with the show that has never missed so will still have some support no matter how diminished. I’ll probably end up being wrong but I know I’d kick myself more if I picked the wrong one(s) to make it in.

No Homecoming? :O You do have Shea in tho. I’m beginning to think as well that Julia won’t make it and Viola will return. After all she’s never been snubbed for her role so far.

As I wrote above, I have little confidence in Homecoming. That said voters are aware of it thanks to Amazon’s campaign so I would be shocked if it was completely shutout. The reason I am picking Whigham is basically just the alphabet. It sounds stupid as a sole reason to predict but he is the only real contender in all of N-Z on the ballot so, to me, seems to have the odds in his favour with those voters who’ll get their ballots in reverse order.

As for Roberts, I have long had a fear that she was this year’s Winona Ryder. When Comer picked up steam recently with TCA, I finally decided to take Roberts out. Given that I expect Homecoming to be lacking support, Roberts’ chances of getting in basically depend on her name alone. So the problem I have is that if I compare her and Davis, who would also only get in for her name and memory of the performance at this point, I have to choose the latter given how she’s never missed for the show and seems more *current* than Roberts.

madeline
    Participant
    Topics:

Also a lot of people that lack self-consciousness. People that lack rela arguments and for that reason responds with gifs.

Actually, the comment was about you. Everyone knows your game here. You’re pretty mean all the time with your ‘you’re wrong, that’s a lie, you’re completely not right’. I’ve always been polite, unlike you. I don’t take your arguments into serious account; that’s why my responses are gifs when it comes to you. I don’t have to explain myself to you.

TAKE that Ignore because I don’t want negativity and dictatorship in my life. Have fun.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been entertaining the thought for awhile now, but Forwardswill has finally convinced me to drop Roberts (watch me put her back in last second though lol). But I don’t know who I should replace her with: Davis or Paulson? Paulson is the bigger Emmy favorite but AHS hasn’t been tested in drama before, so I guess Davis could return. Give me opinions.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 295 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.