Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 295 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
50 years ago
( +22 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Pulp
ginnala
  • ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

Homecoming is the show that’s going to explode on nominations day when we are all underestimating it (including myself lol).

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

House of Cards over-performed at the Emmys last time in a stronger field with similar critical reviews as the current season and proved yet again that it probably will with its over-performance and nod increase at the guilds. Yet, Baranski will still somehow get in over Wright for a show on a service that most people don’t even know exists because of a TCA nom. Make it make sense.

Honestly, I am tempted to slot it into series.

I think because it missed a cycle people forget that it has NEVER missed a series nomination and has had pretty significant hauls each year its been eligible. And that has been in much more difficult fields.

I think that Spacey is too closely associated with the series overall for it to make it in (although I may backtrack on that) but I don’t really see it affecting Wright and Kelly’s chances.

Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d love for Whigham to get in! He plays the only consistently sympathetic character in a non-linear show that does not let you to choose sides until very later on.

And honestly, people have been perennial nominees for less. Long live the Emmy legend-the huggable grandpa-the most loyal butler Mr. Carson!

ChargerFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been entertaining the thought for awhile now, but Forwardswill has finally convinced me to drop Roberts (watch me put her back in last second though lol). But I don’t know who I should replace her with: Davis or Paulson? Paulson is the bigger Emmy favorite but AHS hasn’t been tested in drama before, so I guess Davis could return.

I’ve had Davis in from the beginning, and I refuse to remove her. I originally had Roberts in, but dropped her for Comer. I’m STILL not completely sold on Comer, despite the praise, but Roberts seems more and more unlikely. I think I’ll leave my predictions alone. Or change them 23 times before Tuesday.

Anyway, I have Clarke, Comer, Davis, Linney, Oh and Wright.

I’m still not buying the Baranski hype. Actually I’m kind of blown away by it. I mean, it seems to have come out of nowhere? I could be wrong, and I actually don’t have a great track record with these predictions, so I guess we’ll see.

Edit: If I do make a change, it will be Roberts in, Comer out.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  ChargerFan.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  ChargerFan.
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I want to say no (because I’d love that), but I only see Tyson happening tbh. And now with S6 being the final season, maybe she’ll get a little push when they vote for the winner.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Snook getting into actress. She has a very good (supporting) performance in a show that will most likely do very well, and is in a very weak category.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am surprised to see so many predicting Davis and dropping Roberts. Hmm. Davis is more of an Emmy darling than Roberts is, but voters will care about Homecoming much more than about Murder.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I should say I’m not sold on Comer either but the category is becoming too barren to not predict her at this point.

Same kind of goes for Killing Eve in series as well.

ChargerFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I am surprised to see so many predicting Davis and dropping Roberts. Hmm. Davis is more of an Emmy darling than Roberts is, but voters will care about Homecoming much more than about Murder.

I’m strongly considering putting Roberts back in, but not at Davis’s expense. I’m just having a hard time believing that Comer is a sure thing, so it will be her that’s dropped if I decide to make a change in the category.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

The other supposedly safe person I’m not sold on at the moment is Rhea Seehorn. Would love to hear arguments in her favor if anyone has any

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

People are really overthinking the supposed disinterest in Homecoming. It will get in to multiple major categories.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The other supposedly safe person I’m not sold on at the moment is Rhea Seehorn. Would love to hear arguments in her favor if anyone has any

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/rhea-seehorn-better-call-saul-emmys/

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/rhea-seehorn-better-call-saul-emmys/

Those are all compelling arguments. I should slot her in, but I still refuse to predict Susan Kelechi Watson.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 295 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.