Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 295 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
50 years ago
( +22 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Pulp
ginnala
  • Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t believe that GoT will get 4 Supporting Actress nominees. Williams is their only lock and Heady is very likely but Christie doesn’t have the support of HBO and Turner has not business being nominated.

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Comedy Series: Barry, Limited Series: Chernobyl, Drama Lead Actor: Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul), Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Drama Directing: Miguel Sapochnik for The Long Night (Game of Thrones), Drama Writing: Jed Mercurio for Episode 1 (Bodyguard)

Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t believe that GoT will get 4 Supporting Actress nominees. Williams is their only lock and Heady is very likely but Christie doesn’t have the support of HBO and Turner has not business being nominated.

It most likely won’t. But it might be safer to predict all and get 3 than betting on one of Turner/Christie&one other fringe contender and get two.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Roney Moore.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Roney Moore.
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Headey is much more of a lock than Williams imo.

Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Fiona will be nominated (I’m not sure she is respected in America as much as she is in the UK, so not sure if “name recognition” works here), but I was listening some podcasts about Emmys in recent weeks and some critics really loved her little perfomance on the show in s.2. I do think she was fantastic in s.1, less so in s.2 (not her fault), but everyone suffered a bit in s.2, except for Comer. That being said, for some folks Shaw is still “awesome”.

imo it’s not enough to be nominated, but I can see why some members would vote for her if they are in a positive post season 1 KE mood.

Overall, I really have many doubts re KE and its chances in other categories. At best I can see 5 noms (Drama, Jodie, Sandra, Fiona, Costumes), at worst – 1, for Sandra.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Oh and since we were talking about Paulson before, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if she got nominated. I just wrote an article on her chances and nearly convinced myself to slot her in: Emmy darling, somewhat wide-open field, triple whammy of performances (all three character names are on the ballot!), all three of which were incredible, and added respect for directing.

I, too, am starting to overthink everything, so I will not touch my predictions anymore until Tuesday morning. My last-minute decisions last year all ended up being right.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Rhea Seehorn isn’t happening. The category is a mess to predict but it’s not more open than last year. You just replace the 3 THT actresses with GoT’s and then you have Julia Garner, who is basically a lock aswell.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Sophie Turner is happening because she basically did nothing this season and they never cared for her although she never had to face such an open, barren field before so I won’t be surprised if she ends up with a farewell nom. As of Christie, I don’t feel like predicting her, feels like a stretch, they’ve also never nominated someone else other than Dinklage, Nik, Lena, Clarke, Kit and Maisie aka the main protagonists so why would that happen now? Yet again the field is open so anything can happen I guess.
    I’m watching out for Conroy and Moore (I rly don’t know what will happen with Pose).

I’m also starting to doubt Lena winning altho that’s to discuss after Tuesday. I just.. it’s not happening. It’ll be quite weird to see Garner win tho and be her show’s only major win, unless Linney wins too and it’s like Barry last year.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

There was legitimately a ton of hype for The Coven and Muder house seasons crossing over, I think we forgot how much buzz there was and how much visibility this show has compared to most of the other contenders. The episode Paulson directed is possibly the best of the series, I believe it’s the highest rated on imdb. I know that’s about directing not acting but I think her peers that already love her so much will appreciate her for that episode.

paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

Me seeing the Drama Actress line-up on Tuesday without Robin, Sarah and Jodie’s being mentioned.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t have nominated Shaw, but I wouldn’t be mad if she got nominated. I think it’s a very good performance.

I’m really worried about Seehorn, but I can’t take her out. I need it to happen.

I took Turner out forever ago and I’m really not considering her at all. I’m much more intrigued with Gwendoline Christie, she’s im my 7th spot right now.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Me seeing the Drama Actress line-up on Tuesday without Robin, Sarah and Jodie’s being mentioned.

Don’t worry, they’ll all be nominated.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I know that’s about directing not acting but I think her peers that already love her so much will appreciate her for that episode.

This made me remember someone from last year who was in a similar case.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

There was legitimately a ton of hype for The Coven and Muder house seasons crossing over, I think we forgot how much buzz there was and how much visibility this show has compared to most of the other contenders. The episode Paulson directed is possibly the best of the series, I believe it’s the highest rated on imdb. I know that’s about directing not acting but I think her peers that already love her so much will appreciate her for that episode.

Exactly why I think she is in.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Just because D&D favor Sansa doesn’t mean the Academy does, and they haven’t. I never even thought Sophie Turner would get in. I still couldn’t stand that character even with everything she went through. She just bugs me. She acted like such a mean girl to Daenerys and contributed a lot to Dany going mad. It might be the way the scripts are written but I also think it’s how Sophie plays her. I also don’t know how I felt about Sophie Turner’s acting this season besides the Theon funeral. I think her acting was at her best in the early seasons. She’s not getting in. My favorite character on the show was Margaery Tyrell. I’m so bummed Natalie Dormer never got the material she needed to get an Emmy nom. Jack Gleeson and Charles Dance should have also gotten Emmy nominations at least once.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Rachel.
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Turner was actually great. And she’s a hell of a lot more deserving than Fiona Shaw or Watson/Metz from This is Us.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 295 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.