Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Episode Submissions (Official List) — Part 2

2019 Emmy Episode Submissions (Official List) — Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
rburton
Riley Chow
Chris Beachum
  • Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely chose right, that monologue is no doubt what got her the nomination. Not sure she really even had any other options, but she picked the right one nonetheless

She for sure had other options but this was her best choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Nguyen
    Participant
    Topics:

The supporting actress comedy is gonna be tight pretty much all the actresses except for Colman submitted perfectly. Honestly it’s can go to any of them

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  John Nguyen.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  John Nguyen.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

Dynamic choice for Queen Vee!

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Do we think Fleabag will benefit from just being able to submit it’s whole season? If these submissions matter at all (idk how they do compared to individual episode submissions in acting categories) it might benefit from being the only show telling a complete story rather than having to pick and choose.

You could argue that it is a disadvantage.  Look at Veep.  They got to drop their weakest episode.  Fleabag has no such luxury.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

That essentially completes this long journey. I will have the episodes for both variety categories but need to confirm, so it will be next week.

Thank you so much for all the hard work, Chris!

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

You could argue that it is a disadvantage. Look at Veep. They got to drop their weakest episode. Fleabag has no such luxury.

I’d argue that (if voters were actually watching these choices) Fleabag is the kind of show that can only benefit from being seen in full. It is not episodic at all like most comedies are so removing one episode would probably only feel like a missing piece.

Also, from a completely biased stand point, I’d argue there isn’t a clear weak episode in Fleabag’s season.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

You could argue that it is a disadvantage.  Look at Veep.  They got to drop their weakest episode.  Fleabag has no such luxury.

Well, lucky for Fleabag, they don’t have a weak episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Even if they have no weak episodes, one of them was still the weakest! (IMDb says that it is the second episode; it is the only one below a 9.0 rating.) Game of Thrones might have benefited more from leaving out an episode…

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Even if they have no weak episodes, one of them was still the weakest! (IMDb says that it is the second episode; it is the only one below a 9.0 rating.)

Haha true! Personally I’d say the penultimate episode was the marginal weakest. Loved the second episode but can’t say I’m surprised it’s the lowest on IMDb as it had to follow the outstanding premiere and didn’t have buzzy moments like the KST speech or Andrew Scott saying “kneel” that got the internet running to dish out 10s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Wait, I didn’t even know Fiona Shaw was in episode 2… not a good submission. Should have gone with 3, which still isn’t great, but at least it’s better than 2.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah, I would have gone with 3.

ReplyCopy URL
    gabspss
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/emmy-episode-submissions-drama-series-nominees-better-call-saul-bodyguard-game-of-thrones-killing-eve-ozark-pose-succession-this-is-us/

I think Better Call Saul submit perfectly. I just don’t remember quite well what happened on ‘Coushatta’, but has a 9 on imdb, so I think it’s fine.

Killing Eve submit perfectly.

Ozark did a good job, but just because their episodes don’t change so much. I know that “The Precious Blood of Jesus” receive a WGA nomination, but that episode is not so much, I will change easily for “Game Day”, where something great happen.

Pose didn’t submit the episode about Blanca’s family? What? That episode was awesome with a great storyline, very touching.

This Is Us made a HORRIBLE decision with not submitting the finale. So more good than “Vietnam” and “Sometimes”. To be honest, I didn’t like the Vietnam arc, with two expections: the Songbird Road episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones might have benefited more from leaving out an episode…

OR two…or three

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.