Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Guest Categories

2019 Emmy Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 278 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
49 years ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Emmyfan
Riley
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

More people need to be talking about Glynn Turman in Murder; he gave my favorite male guest performance in the last year. I don’t think ABC has done anything to actually campaign him, which is disappointing.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/glynn-turman-how-to-get-away-with-murder-emmy-predictions-drama-guest-actor/

Bledel and Wiley had good performances to back their wins; Jones doesn’t. I’m definitely not worrying about her.

Absolutely true.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Cherry Jones does not even deserve to be nominated. Remember how Bradley Whitford was nominated for the second season of Transparent for simply just appearing, unfortunately it will be the same.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Phylicia Rashad is soooo deserving for her appearance on This Is Is. Her appearance has everything going for with screen time, range and impact.

ReplyCopy URL
    BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

Phylicia Rashad is soooo deserving for her appearance on This Is Is. Her appearance has everything going for with screen time, range and impact.

I’m also rooting for Rashad. She is very overdue and she was wonderful on This Is Us and deserves it for her work even more than for her name.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The Saturday Night Live episode that voters have received on DVD features Adam Sandler.

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Cherry Jones to be nominated. Remember how Bradley Whitford was nominated for the second season of Transparent, it will be the same.

Yas

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Who are the Current front runners?

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Who are the Current front runners?

Lange, van Houten, and Jones in Actress; Cephas Jones, Whitford, and McKean in Actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I want Lange and McKean to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Any of the Guest stars to be nominated from The Good Fight?

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Michael Sheen ("The Good Fight") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Keeley Hawes ("Bodyguard") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "The Good Fight" and "Killing Eve" in all eligible categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Any of the Guest stars to be nominated from The Good Fight?

They couldn’t get in Alan Alda and Margo Martindale last year, so I don’t think so.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

Thoughts on comedy guest actor:

-I cannot remember Burt Young’s role in Russian for the life of me. Is it anything memorable?

-Adam Scott has worked with a lot of people, has visibility with BLL, and The Good Place is set to break through. He sounds like a definite contender to me.

-Kevin Pollak has worked for years with a lot of people and Better Things seems to at the very least have artistic respect from the industry. I don’t think he warrants it, but I think he might be a dark horse.

-John Mulaney is submitted 3 times. It shouldn’t affect him, but is worth pointing out.

– Johnny Galecki could have extra goodwill from the final season of TBBT and an anti-Roseanne factor could help him.

-Nat Faxon would be a good nominee for Catastrophe

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I am rooting for Phylicia Rashad to get nominated and win for This Is Us

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Glynn Turman and Jessica Lange’s episode descriptions are perfect, even if people haven’t seen them, how can you not be intrigued by these.

“The story of one man, Nate Lahey Sr., shows how an inadequate defense can turn a petty criminal into a murderer by putting him into a cycle of incarceration that causes mental deterioration.”

“Jessica Lange returns as Constance Langdon. When suspicions arise about Constance’s grandson Michael, Constance recounts the disturbing details of Michael’s murderous childhood and her own struggle to love a monster that’s her own blood.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

-Adam Scott has worked with a lot of people, has visibility with BLL, and The Good Place is set to break through. He sounds like a definite contender to me. 

Yeah, I am entertaining the same idea as well but if wish there’d be more to the performance itself. He needs to rely on name-check because the character is written as an annoyingly one-note villain.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.