Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Guest Categories

2019 Emmy Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 278 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
49 years ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Emmyfan
Riley
  • BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

Phylicia Rashad, that is all

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Don’t kill me, but I could totally see Rashad getting snubbed. Just look at TIU last year: standouts Moore and Hartley couldn’t get in, they didn’t get in a single guest actress despite submitting Emmy favorites Kate Burton & Elizabeth Perkins, and Pam Grier! Voters practically checked off all nominees from S1, and decided to even drop Metz.

If voters didn’t watch TIU S3, Rashad could be in danger. If both Watson and Rashad get in, I will know that they’ve actually seen the season.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t kill me, but I could totally see Rashad getting snubbed. Just look at TIU last year: standouts Moore and Hartley couldn’t get in, they didn’t get in a single guest actress despite submitting Emmy favorites Kate Burton & Elizabeth Perkins, and Pam Grier! Voters practically checked off all nominees from S1, and decided to even drop Metz.

If voters didn’t watch TIU S3, Rashad could be in danger. If both Watson and Rashad get in, I will know that they’ve actually seen the season.

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s even dropped from series either.
    Maybe they simply hate Mandy Moore but I still find it weird she didn’t manage to get at least a nomination for a superbowl episode. Which makes me think the show was only nominated in the first season because of all the buzz it had, being a major broadcast hit etc. S2 stayed buzzy because of Super Bowl and Milo V storyline.
    But s3? It basically has nothing to justify a nom if voters aren’t really watching. Idk maybe I’m exaggerating.

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Phylicia Rashad, that is all

It’s driving me crazy that people keep putting forward the absurd notion that Lange, Jones, and the GOT lady are the frontrunners. Rashad was far better than them (her clip is on Youtube) and is insanely overdue. The GOT lady like knelt down during a CGI battle and summoned an army and that was about it. I don’t get it? These same people had everyone convinced Diana Rigg was a lock last year when I had Samira. Lange and that show are old news and Jones was nothing special.

I am hoping the Emmy historians who are editors and shilled for Bob Newhart go to bat for Regal Rashad.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s driving me crazy that people keep putting forward the absurd notion that Lange, Jones, and the GOT lady are the frontrunners. Rashad was far better than them (her clip is on Youtube) and is insanely overdue. The GOT lady like knelt down during a CGI battle and summoned an army and that was about it. I don’t get it? These same people had everyone convinced Diana Rigg was a lock last year when I had Samira. Lange and that show are old news and Jones was nothing special.

I am hoping the Emmy historians who are editors and shilled for Bob Newhart go to bat for Regal Rashad.

AMEN!

• This reply was modified 6 days, 5 hours ago by  Emmyfan.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 4 hours ago by  Emmyfan.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

It’s driving me crazy that people keep putting forward the absurd notion that Lange, Jones, and the GOT lady are the frontrunners. Rashad was far better than them (her clip is on Youtube) and is insanely overdue. The GOT lady like knelt down during a CGI battle and summoned an army and that was about it. I don’t get it? These same people had everyone convinced Diana Rigg was a lock last year when I had Samira. Lange and that show are old news and Jones was nothing special. I am hoping the Emmy historians who are editors and shilled for Bob Newhart go to bat for Regal Rashad.

Well, besides the fact that her character helped bring an end to the Long Night, van Houten also played Mesliandre’s final moments to utter perfection. All the acting was in her face; and that final scene is divine – the episode ends on her, which could help her. I fear about her chances here but I’d be sooo happy if she won. Lange gives the showiest performance in this entire category, like literally. Besides, “I’m Constance Langdon, and this is my f***ing house.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

The GOT lady like knelt down during a CGI battle and summoned an army and that was about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, there is some crack-smoking going on here if anyone thinks a brief appearance by a witch on GOT deserves an Emmy over Phylicia Rashad’s fine work in This Is Us‘s “Our Little Island Girl” episode. If you haven’t seen it, please watch. Also, if the legendary Diana Rigg couldn’t win Guest Actress in a Drama Series after multiple nominations, then no other actress from GOT will be able to, especially on a first try.

Additionally, Phylicia Rashad is WAYYYYYY pass due for her first Emmy! She is a TV legend. She probably should have won for A Raisin in the Sun back in 2008. A lot of times the Guest Acting categories are used to honor veteran actors with their first wins. She fits the bill, so I think she’s a leading contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

We haven’t even got to nominations yet and people are fighting! Honestly I’m just happy that what is usually a minor category is inspiring so much passionate discussion, and hopefully this translates into the passion picks (van Houten, Rashad, I guess Lange) receiving support from voters over namechecks like Jones.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

van Houten as Melisandre has been a great performance. She managed to give substance to a character that could have easily been a one-note villain. Surrounding the character with the right dose of mystery without taking her humanistic traits away. The fact that the character maintained her “root-ability” factor after burning a child alive speaks to the performance. I, too, would be content with just a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t kill me, but I could totally see Rashad getting snubbed. Just look at TIU last year: standouts Moore and Hartley couldn’t get in, they didn’t get in a single guest actress despite submitting Emmy favorites Kate Burton & Elizabeth Perkins, and Pam Grier!

All of those three did nothing, their NO-nomination is a proof that they did watched the second season, Rashad was incredible and I also think that she is winning, actors love This is us and they obviously watch the show (two SAG ensamble wins), Moore and Hartley absence can be easily explained since both of them have had very questionable careers before that, it may be prejudices.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

All of those three did nothing, their NO-nomination is a proof that they did watched the second season, Rashad was incredible and I also think that she is winning, actors love This is us and they obviously watch the show (two SAG ensamble wins), Moore and Hartley absence can be easily explained since both of them have had very questionable careers before that, it may be prejudices.

Well, I thought Perkins was terrific to be honest; her role as the racist mother was very believable. I get where you’re coming from, but I find it alarming when a show, let alone a Drama Series nominee, can’t produce nods for Emmy darlings, which Burton & Perkins are. I mean Burton got in for Scandal after all – I won’t lie, she was win-worthy IMO. This is also why I can’t behind a Christine Baranski prediction; if voters actually watched the show or remotely cared about it, then why weren’t Alan Alda & Margo Martindale nominated last year? Instead they went for newbie Kelly Jenrette and Viola Davis for a show that voters don’t care about anymore.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I thought Perkins was terrific to be honest; her role as the racist mother was very believable. I get where you’re coming from, but I find it alarming when a show, let alone a Drama Series nominee, can’t produce nods for Emmy darlings, which Burton & Perkins are. I mean Burton got in for Scandal after all – I won’t lie, she was win-worthy IMO. This is also why I can’t behind a Christine Baranski prediction; if voters actually watched the show or remotely cared about it, then why weren’t Alan Alda & Margo Martindale nominated last year? Instead they went for newbie Kelly Jenrette and Viola Davis for a show that voters don’t care about anymore.

Yes, I agree with you, she was believable, but she was not memorable. Burton was a cliché of the typical psychiatrist, not memorable at all. Pam Grier was the most memorable, but she was in the most hated episode of the second season and only had 5 minutes of screen time. I really think that is an error to compare them to Phylicia Rashad. Rashad was like Gerald McRaney, she left a lasting memory.

I agree about Baranski, however I think that both Alan Alda & Margo Martindale were not very memorable on the show, especially Martindale, her role was insufferable.

Davis is a good example of your theory, but voters know that she did more than Grier, Perkins and Burton.

Jenrette was a result of show that voters love and care about, the fact that THT went empty handed from the main ceremony does not mean that they do not care about it, it only means that they preferred other shows more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Can someone tell me who tf to predict for Drama Guest Actor? lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Can someone tell me who tf to predict for Drama Guest Actor? lmao

Bradley Whitford, Ron Cephas Jones, James Cromwell and Michael McKean are nearly locks IMO. Denis O’Hare is a real possibility; they already nominated him for doing nothing in S1. Jeremy Allen White could get in if Homecoming was widely seen. And I have Glynn Turman in because I want him to get in, but it’s not a realistic prediction (though some editors have him in too)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.